Pair Of net curtains/ voiles??

(16 Posts)
PinkSwan Thu 30-Apr-15 16:59:31

I know i need to buy one of these for privacy - can't go without them... I am thinking of buying a pair a these for 1 window. is this how it should be or one single voile/ net-curtain per window?

Need Suggestions...

Feminine Thu 30-Apr-15 17:02:38

I think panels are nicer. Finished at both ends.
Lots of lovely ones on eBay.
Just check the drop, and your width. smile

Feminine Thu 30-Apr-15 17:02:56

Oh, so you'd use two.

maroonedwithfour Thu 30-Apr-15 17:03:33

Voiles are nicer imo

PinkSwan Thu 30-Apr-15 17:07:15

Ya, I am thinking of 2 voiles or net curtains per window... but not sure of how it would look..

Feminine Thu 30-Apr-15 17:10:38

Is your window quite wide?

Feminine Thu 30-Apr-15 17:12:35

I have quite a long window. I have two just at the edge. smile

PinkSwan Thu 30-Apr-15 17:12:35

177 cm wide...

Feminine Thu 30-Apr-15 17:13:11

Sorry my picture isn't that clear.

Feminine Thu 30-Apr-15 17:14:38

Okay, just under 6ft. You'll need two then.
What is the drop? Do you want it to the floor or window ledge?

PinkSwan Thu 30-Apr-15 17:24:40

Feminine ,

aww, thats lovely... got an idea of how it would look..

The drop length is 114 cm... another window has a drop of 137cm (facing the garden) for which we don't need all time privacy. I don't like the idea of bunching the voiles to the centre and tying them up - this would happen if i buy a single panel. Using 2 panels with tiebacks to the sides would make it a lot appealing at-least to me smile

Its mainly for the garden facing window i am thinking of 2 voiles..

Would prefer the drop to be till the window ledge..

Feminine Thu 30-Apr-15 18:29:41

Okay. I'd recommend typing lace panel in to eBay. They have masses. There is normally a drop down menu to choose sizes.
Ikea(available on eBay too) also do lovely long panels that you can cut to size. Although having tried that, l would suggest you go really slowly lol wink
Please feel free to message me if you need more help/ideas. For that window of 137, l would say the 48 inch drop would work. (sorry old school) good luck. I think lace looks super pretty, especially thus time of year. smile

PinkSwan Fri 01-May-15 07:49:08

Thank u smile

LaLaLaaaa Fri 01-May-15 07:52:50

Where is the Aibu? I'm confused! confused

TulipsAndSwifts Fri 01-May-15 07:57:58

YANBU grin

Try Dunelm Mill, they have quite nice nets and voils in various lengths.

TapDancingMollusc Fri 01-May-15 08:24:39

So long as you don't have cats... Years ago, I had a lovely lace panel up at my window.

Went to work and came back and found that one cat had managed to get caught and in freeing himself ripped huge chunks out of it.

Asked my then-husband why he hadn't taken the damaged curtain down when he got home (he was on an early shift) and he said, "oh I thought it was meant to look like that" hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now