To think DP is being hugely unreasonable?

(151 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Thu 04-Sep-14 10:03:26

We do our weekly shop together, I managed to do the shopping separator game once before he got wise and now puts the separator thing on the belt before I can get to it, and if I do manage to get to it before he does he just turns it back the wrong right way sad

For those that aren't aware, the game goes like this-
Put your shopping on the belt and put the separator like this-> shopping -- shopping.
Instead of like this-> shopping | shopping
And watch the face(s) of the person/people behind you as they give you weird looks.

I should LTB shouldn't I?

MrsWinnibago Thu 04-Sep-14 10:05:23

What? confused

ErmagerdANerknerm Thu 04-Sep-14 10:08:14

So you put the shopping separator on the belt vertically rather than horizontally?

YABU, and weird, the pair of you grin

Writerwannabe83 Thu 04-Sep-14 10:08:24

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are talking about grin

are you drunk or high on something? grin

londonrach Thu 04-Sep-14 10:09:28

Confused.com

StillaChocoholic Thu 04-Sep-14 10:10:05

LTFRB! (Leave The Fun Ruining Bastard)

ThereIsIron Thu 04-Sep-14 10:10:35

I do mine like this -> shopping \ shopping, or this -> shopping / shopping

ApocalypseNowt Thu 04-Sep-14 10:11:43

I chickened out of playing the game. I went to put it on the other way but it felt all weird and wrong....

SaucyJack Thu 04-Sep-14 10:11:58

I do this. I'm a coward tho so I look in the opposite direction when I do it and pretend I'm just being absent minded.

I need to woman up and play properly.

Goldmandra Thu 04-Sep-14 10:12:02

My DD1 (17) used to put it back but now she joins in and watches the shopper behind.

I haven't had a knowing smile from another MNer yet but I live in hope grin

lottiegarbanzo Thu 04-Sep-14 10:13:04

So you take up extra space to prevent the person behind you from placing their shopping on the belt? Why? How is that funny or a game?

Were I them I'd just turn it back and think you were an attention-seeking twit.

Sorry if I've misunderstood.

gamerchick Thu 04-Sep-14 10:16:56

Mine put it back the right way as well grin he just rolls his eyes now though.

gamerchick Thu 04-Sep-14 10:18:05

I get kids moving mine and I don't have the heart to move it back.. The adults don't bat an eye.

immortalwife Thu 04-Sep-14 10:25:06

My husband now joins in. I have yet to come across a MNer in my aldi tho.

Isn't this known as the 'chaos method' of placing the divider?

I've done it a few times. The person behind me always puts it back to "normal". Yet I know there are MN-ers in my town. Maybe they shop in Iceland and not Waitrose.

lottiegarbanzo Thu 04-Sep-14 10:36:01

Um, I've been on here for three years and have no idea what you're talking about. Why would deliberately trying to inconvenience the person behind you be a signal that you use this site?

littledrummergirl Thu 04-Sep-14 10:42:47

My first LBT!
My dh and dc all play now.
YADNBUwink

DiaDuit Thu 04-Sep-14 10:47:47

Ooh i thought the game was to put it like / but it would be a lot more fun to put it like ----. I'm going to do that from now on as i've had unsatisfactory responses so far to /.

I've tried to play but rarely have someone behind me.
Small town, five supermarkets.

BeckAndCall Thu 04-Sep-14 10:50:51

I need photos. I have no idea what you're talking about but i'm sure i'd want to play........

Hurr1cane Thu 04-Sep-14 10:59:03

Every time I do it no one comes behind me. I put it like / though not ---

It's hardly inconveniencing people, they can move it, in fact it's helpful to even put it behind your shopping in the first place so they don't have to lean over you to get it themselves <people never put one behind their shopping here, selfish pigs>

Some people need to get a sense of humour

Nanny0gg Thu 04-Sep-14 11:03:05

My sense of humour is just fine.

Why is it funny?

ShadowStar Thu 04-Sep-14 11:20:22

I've never seen the shopper in front of me do this, but a "wrongly" placed shopping separator sounds a lot more convenient than being behind someone who hasn't bothered putting the shopping separator on the conveyor belt at all.

lottiegarbanzo Thu 04-Sep-14 11:40:38

My sense of humour is pretty good too but someone is going to need to explain the 'joke'.

Putting it lengthwise is trying to delay the person behind from loading their shopping. So they'll move it and think you're a bit of a twit. Why? Funny how?

Sure, placing the separator at all is more considerate than not doing so but 'being partially considerate while being a bit odd' is not what it takes to be humorous, IME anyway.

Clearly missing something that no-one seems able to explain. <shrugs, wanders off bemused but not that interested anymore>

gamerchick Thu 04-Sep-14 12:00:31

Christ on a bike hmm

So don't do It then it's not compulsory grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now