To think this person should never have bothered having kids?

(186 Posts)
doubleshotespresso Thu 04-Sep-14 00:06:32

See below link to a local forum with an advert for a part-time nanny all round slave

Doesn't she sound lovely?

www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1385026

doubleshotespresso Thu 04-Sep-14 00:08:40

Sorry should have said the title - PART-TIME MARY POPPINS REQUIRED...

that's got to be a joke!!

theendoftheendoftheend Thu 04-Sep-14 00:12:54

shock

elQuintoConyo Thu 04-Sep-14 00:15:24

I'm on a mobile, what is the link supposed to be to? I wanna see!

Oakmaiden Thu 04-Sep-14 00:16:04

Is that a bad wage? It is more than I earn... (supply teacher)

doubleshotespresso Thu 04-Sep-14 00:16:27

I hope it is a joke but have a feeling not- I doubt Tamara fecking Ecclestone has such high demands!

I read this and was aghast ��

MargotThreadbetter Thu 04-Sep-14 00:17:56

Haha! Have you seen some of the replies below the job description?
grin

I'm not sure why you are so outraged tbh. Maybe London rates are generally a little higher, but the poster isn't asking for anything that a normal nanny doesn't do (except managing to be in 2 places at once in 2 years time).
Since the children will be in full time school there's plenty of time to carry out the tasks required.

whois Thu 04-Sep-14 00:22:26

She's having a fucking giraffe of she thinks she can get away with that as a self employed position. That alone makes me think she'll be a god awful employer (which she is, an employer). Ugh.

Never mind only offering £10 gross per hour for a massively qualified candidate for a shitty part time role.

FixItUpChappie Thu 04-Sep-14 00:23:10

I doubt this all round package person who is so well educated and flexible would need to be a somebody's servant nanny - certainly not for a wage like that.

whois Thu 04-Sep-14 00:23:45

Is that a bad wage? It is more than I earn... (supply teacher)

In london? I highly, highly doubt you earn less than £10/hour gross.

FixItUpChappie Thu 04-Sep-14 00:24:38

I think the expectations are fine (and honest which is good) but the PAY - you need to pay up for basically a housekeeper/nanny/private tutor - the wage is insulting for what is required IMO

Mouldypineapple Thu 04-Sep-14 00:24:55

Pretty low rate of pay for all that, ESP if they want them to be self employed, although one of the replies is very informative on that.

Also can't spell ARTICULATE.. (I know typo, just amused me)

FixItUpChappie Thu 04-Sep-14 00:25:19

oh...and dog walker

doubleshotespresso Thu 04-Sep-14 00:31:30

Yes I did chuckle at the replies*MargotThreadBetter*!

CantSleepWontSleep is your name in RL KaraH? I don't think this is standard for a nanny at all.

They want them to be the following for £10 per hour:

Teacher training qualification and experience
Use of safe car but will pay only for petrol. Whatabout the insurance implications of using the vehicle for work purposes and maintenance?
The household tasks are worthy of a 5* chambermaid whilst homework and presumably guaranteeing the mpoor kids get thru the 11+ is mandatory.
12 hour days
Sole care of 2 kids and their dog
The list goes on.....

For £10 an hour seriously?

My main point was though, really what, if anything do these folks actually do with their own children ? They clearly want to just return from work to a showhome where the kids have homework done, are fit for bed and excel in all they do. They assume no respeonsibility for the school uniform , cooking etc of their own children, why on earth did they bother?

doubleshotespresso Thu 04-Sep-14 00:35:13

Cooking for their own children not of!!!!

Oakmaiden Thu 04-Sep-14 00:36:22

Whois - actually, I do. Not in London though.

But I earn £75 a day as a teacher. Gross. After taking out holiday pay, umbrella company fees, tax and ni I get around £55 for officially 8 hours work. Although most days I do closer to 11 hours.

It sucks.

Oakmaiden Thu 04-Sep-14 00:38:23

Double shot - but only for 3 days, so presumably they are available for the children for the other 4?

Maybe they have condensed their whole working week into 3 days?

doubleshotespresso Thu 04-Sep-14 00:47:07

Oakmaiden maybe yes, but that does not alter the high levels of qualifications, expertise and expense they demand for the orincely sum of £10per hour on a self-emlployed zero commitment for them type of contract does it now?

Girlwhowearsglasses Thu 04-Sep-14 00:47:49

I know that forum.
It's a joke
All the posts below are 'really?'
Don't waste your time - the poster has only posted this post and most people on that forum are regulars so it's not real

GoblinLittleOwl Thu 04-Sep-14 06:59:15

If it is true it is the little girls I feel sorry for, and if they can't do their homework without the help of a qualified teacher, then the homework is way too hard.

colleysmill Thu 04-Sep-14 07:19:23

The bit that I laughed at was unpacking the food shopping delivery!

toomuchtooold Thu 04-Sep-14 07:29:22

East Dulwich though. I'm sure there are lots of normal, down to earth lovely people in East Dulwich but I will always remember the description an East Dulwich family gave of the second hand buggy they were selling on ebay: "McLaren twin techno, it was just the one the nanny used and the wheel broke - it's fixable, but we don't have time so we're selling it instead." Guys, guys - I get it, it's your spare, it's broken but fixable - but you could have worded that so much better.

OTheHugeManatee Thu 04-Sep-14 07:50:02

For more if history than not, wealthy people have outsourced this kind of work to staff. I agree the pay is unrealistic in today's economy. But sneering at the idea of hiring someone to sort out school uniform and supervise homework betrays rather a narrow perspective (not to mention a limited and rather judgemental imagination about how people's lives are different) on the part of some posters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now