To think that celebs aren't being entirely straightforward when they claim their figures are down to yoga?

(13 Posts)
YouAreAMouseInAMaze Wed 03-Sep-14 21:20:55

Just read the upteenth article where yet another gorgeous ripped celeb, when asked their fitness secret, says 'yoga! it's amazing, I do a class twice a week and it has made me look like this etc'. AIBU to think that they actually mean that, yeah, they do a class twice a week AFTER a 2 hour gruelling personal trainer session with running, weights and loads of hardcore stuff and never eat carbs? Or is yoga really that effective?

(yes I'm bored, ftr)

Chippednailvarnish Wed 03-Sep-14 21:23:02

You forgot the no food rule.

No food. Ever.

BiscuitMillionaire Wed 03-Sep-14 21:23:34

Your thread title made me laugh. YANBU.

MsUumellmahaye Wed 03-Sep-14 21:23:56

And cokegrin

BiscuitMillionaire Wed 03-Sep-14 21:24:53

It always amuses me when people go on about how an older movie star looks amazing for their age. Yes, that's because they've had so much work done, there's nothing real left.

WorraLiberty Wed 03-Sep-14 21:26:54

I think YABU really

If you eat sensibly and keep your portions to a reasonable size, you're unlikely to get fat...especially if you don't drive everywhere.

Therefore, yoga would be what keeps their bodies tight/trim I expect.

specialsubject Wed 03-Sep-14 21:32:25

yoga promotes balance, muscle tone and flexibility. It is non-aerobic so won't produce cardiovascular fitness which we all need.

BTW complex carbs are good for you.

RedRoom Wed 03-Sep-14 21:37:21

It is not anywhere near as unreasonable as when stunning celebrity women claim they get their figures from doing nothing other than having sex. Fuck you, liar pants!

YouAreAMouseInAMaze Wed 03-Sep-14 21:39:39

There's a difference between having an uber-babe body and just being a normal size...

museumum Wed 03-Sep-14 21:40:06

An ashtanga practice (a la madonna, Jen Anniston etc) does give a ripped body but it has to be a daily practice and it's really bloody tough sweaty work.
I loved ashtanga pre-ds but never managed more than 2-3 classes a week.

WorraLiberty Wed 03-Sep-14 21:44:22

I don't know what an uber-babe body is really, but I would imagine age plays a part too.

Some people really do get the figure they have by doing nothing, until they get to an age where it starts going south.

AskBasil Wed 03-Sep-14 21:46:47

They're lying unless they're under 25.

The yoga and the starvation rations. And the speed.

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 21:53:21

Have you ever done ashtanga vinyasa yoga?

Regular practice plus healthy diet can easily equal quite muscly and very lean looking. You get very strong as well as flexiable. But that is probably more like 4+ times per week than 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now