To let my PIL take my boys to Disneyland Florida

(80 Posts)
Angryb1rd Tue 02-Sep-14 09:47:07

PIL have said they want to take my boys who will be 5 & 6 to Florida. Other family members (childless) will also be going.
I don't want them to go!
It is too far away from me, I wouldn't be happy, and I personally think these kinds of memories should be made with parents not grandparents/aunties/uncles/cousins
Aibu?

thicketofstars Wed 03-Sep-14 01:03:58

ADishBestEatenCold
I didn't say I would be insulted if they didn't offer to pay for me as their guests. I said I'd be insulted at absence of an invitation to go too. I wouldn't feel this way about older children perhaps doing a hobby they really enjoy with a grandparent - but at this age when it's so far and other members of the family are also coming - yes, I'd feel insulted and I don't think it's ridiculous.

And my DD is only 3 so this is all a long way off, but if she ever gives me a grandchild, I would never dream of suggesting any activity that involved taking her child and leaving her behind - unless she was delighted for the break, of course - but even then I'd let it be known that I was sorry she wasn't coming.

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Wed 03-Sep-14 01:20:05

Disneyland Paris is fab. Go for a long weekend and spend 3 days in the parks and you'll have a great time. You could all go then smile

ADishBestEatenCold Wed 03-Sep-14 21:50:24

"I didn't say I would be insulted if they didn't offer to pay for me as their guests"

That's true, you didn't, thicketofstars. I apologise for my assumption, which was that I though (clearly incorrectly), because earlier posts by OP seemed to say that she & her DH could not afford to pay to go and that her PILs knew that she and her DH couldn't afford to pay to go, that you meant that you would be insulted that the PILS hadn't invited you and DP along too (thus paying for you), in that situation.

Sorry for taking that wrongly.

thicketofstars Fri 05-Sep-14 13:40:34

ADishBestEatenCold No worries smile

PiperIsOrange Fri 05-Sep-14 23:41:37

my Parents in their wildest of dreams could not afford to take My siblings and me to Disney land. If they wanted to take my 2 they could.

I have just had to cash in every favour possible after major surgery to ensure my 2 DC have had a fantastic summer holiday.

I could never afford to go and i would think it would be very selfish of me to say no.

No child needs a once in a life trip to Disney, but a child needs to see that there is a big world out there just waiting to be explored

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now