AIBU to consider spraying my neighbour and his bonfire with water?

(11 Posts)
LadyCordeliaFlyte Mon 01-Sep-14 17:51:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyCordeliaFlyte Mon 01-Sep-14 17:52:53

BeyondRepair Mon 01-Sep-14 18:23:48

call EH say its smokey, how long been going on for etc. sometimes they can send someone round esp if a few people complain.

SistersOfPercy Mon 01-Sep-14 18:26:22

Do you live in a smokeless zone? Call the council and have a moan about it if you do. My Mum had a similar problem with a neighbour who was a builder coming home and burning the days waste in the garden. Pain in the arse he was and it stank.
One of the other neighbours did report to the council and within the week the problem was resolved.

oldgrandmama Mon 01-Sep-14 18:29:35

I feel your pain. A guy who lives near me waits until the first lovely day of the year, usually in April, then lights up a horrible stinking bonfire. Smells like he's burning tyres, old lino and possibly bodies!

It's no use complaining - he seems to enjoy pissing off all his neighbours.

taxi4ballet Mon 01-Sep-14 18:31:29

I know someone who had this problem, and one evening they'd had enough and called the fire brigade, who came round and put it out.

mineymo Mon 01-Sep-14 18:45:40

We recently lit a bbq which went a bit wrong and made huge amounts of smoke (I blame DH!). An irate neighbour shouted at us over the fence that we weren't allowed fires before 7pm. I assume she thought we were having a bonfire (there really was A LOT of smoke) but it made me check the local city council website which had a load of info on the courtesy of having a bonfire, plus what to do if someone is being a pain with one. It's worth checking your council website, it might give you some good advice.

LadyCordeliaFlyte Mon 01-Sep-14 19:05:15

Shonajay Mon 01-Sep-14 19:12:36

I'd also call the police and ask him to produce a receipt for the tree cutting- that's stealing, pure and simple!

LadyCordeliaFlyte Mon 01-Sep-14 19:22:25

BeyondRepair Mon 01-Sep-14 19:30:15

Bonfires is one of the worst though, and esp so if you are not even asthmatic but feel breathless sometimes.

It also gives me a headache.

Lady, just call your council, as ever it depends who you speak too, on a given day and so on. Also reporting him, can build up a picture, also where we are if more people complain they have more powers to do something.

You have nothing to loose by calling council.
If smoke is impinging on your normal day to day activies. then its bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now