to think that Amazon are being absolutely useless about this.

(25 Posts)
nomdemere Thu 28-Aug-14 15:42:25

I have Amazon Prime. On Monday I ordered a suitcase and some children's safety wristbands for next-day delivery. I got an email saying DPD would deliver on Wednesday. Today (Thurs) it has still not arrived. I called DPD, who said Amazon hasn't given them the parcel.

So I called Amazon and said I need this for Friday (going on holiday on Saturday). The call-centre lady said the only way she could follow it up is by internal email which won't get a response for up to 2 working days.

I've now looked on Amazon, and my order has mysteriously changed to say it was placed today, not Monday, and that it will be delivered on Saturday.

How bloody crap is that? I will have to cancel it now, which still leaves me with no suitcase.

Weirdbeard Thu 28-Aug-14 15:45:11

YANBU. Someone messed up and they didn't do you the courtesy of admitting to it and sorting it out for you.

Write to them via the Contact Us link and with any luck they'll send you a voucher to try to keep you as a Prime customer.

Judo123 Thu 28-Aug-14 15:46:20

I agree they are useless.

ElephantsNeverForgive Thu 28-Aug-14 15:47:22

Amazon have got two orders for phone and iPod cases wrong. Only a couple of £ so not worth the hassle of returning, but still pissed me off.

Their delivery is always random.

They have simply got too big and are a front for too many other sellers of dubious quality.

Numfardothedanceofshame Thu 28-Aug-14 15:49:10

All they'll do is extend your prime membership for a month in most cases. I've had over a year free now!

nomdemere Thu 28-Aug-14 15:51:58

It's just bloody annoying - like Weirdbeard says, they should simply find out what's gone wrong and put it right for me. The customer service woman was just flannelling around - she clearly had no ability to do anything whatsoever. She seemed like a nice person, but I have plenty of nice people to speak to in my life, what I want from a customer service agent is my problem sorted out.

GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Ahem...

Prime does not mean guaranteed next day delivery. Look at the terms and conditions.

Second, an order cannot be changed to show that the order has been placed on a different day. Thats not how the systems work. It is literally too big a company to be arsed to manipulate someones order. That change would have to be made at warehouse level, the agent you spoke to cannot do it. Would it be a replacement order or are you looking at the tracking on DPD.

Third, the agent HAS to contact DPD.That is policy. She will be advised to say 2 working days to manage your expectations.You will likely get an email in about an hour. If the order is lost, a new one will be sent express for tomorrow morning.

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Thu 28-Aug-14 15:55:58

Have you got a large home bargains near you? The one near me had suitcases in last week.
You are right to be annoyed. Hope you manage to find a replacement in time.
Have they got a facebook page you can complain on?

nomdemere Thu 28-Aug-14 15:56:25

Oh - and now I've cancelled the order online, it says that it may not be able to cancel it because they are 'preparing for delivery'

So the parcel may arrive and be left on my doorstep for a week while I'm away. There's a good chance it'll still be there when I get back. NOT!

I really don't need to be dealing with all this now. I should be able to call someone and have it sorted.

nomdemere Thu 28-Aug-14 15:58:04

Takemeup - they are not sending a new one express. The agent said they couldn't do that. All she could suggest was waiting to see what happens. And she obviously changed my order so it looks like it was placed today for delivery on saturday. I didn't ask her to do that. Why would I? I won't be here on Saturday.

You cannot cancel an order you placed on Monday. It will have gone to the carrier. Did you place a second order.

nomdemere She cant change when you placed an order. Im sorry but she physically cannot.

There isnt a hope in hell she can. Trust me.

Did she make a replacement order?

nomdemere Thu 28-Aug-14 16:09:03

It should have gone to the carrier, TakeMe, but something went wrong - the carrier never received it.

She may well have done a replacement order - but that's no good to me if it's going to arrive on Saturday. I told her I needed it on Friday by the latest.

nomdemere Thu 28-Aug-14 16:13:53

On a webchat now with an agent who says she will cancel it for me.

chockbic Thu 28-Aug-14 16:16:51

It says on their website, Prime offers fast and unlimited one day delivery.

Why bother having it if items take nearly a week to arrive?

Fudgeface123 Thu 28-Aug-14 16:19:26

I've never had a problem with Amazon.

Just saying grin

nomdemere Thu 28-Aug-14 16:20:46

And even worse - if they SAY they'll arrive next day, and then don't! At least if it had said it would take a week, I would have known not to order.

I understand that sometimes things go wrong - but you would think someone could then sort them out! They knew that the parcel had gone astray yesterday (the carrier said so) so at that point there was enough time for them to send me a replacement. But they didn't.

nomdemere Thu 28-Aug-14 16:21:10

Ha ha Fudge, just you wait until your order REALLY matters smile

chockbic Thu 28-Aug-14 16:25:26

Poor customer service, for sure.

Also, Prime doesn't qualify for free delivery using a gift certificate!

Numfardothedanceofshame Thu 28-Aug-14 16:27:53

Ooh last time it went really wrong the courier sorted it for me via twitter. Managed to get it delivered in time (but 5 days later than intended).

Sometimes you get a really lovely customer services person, sometimes they are beyond useless. I just send emails until they reply with something that makes sense.

Amazon tend to be ok with me, but I order loads.

Numfardothedanceofshame Thu 28-Aug-14 16:29:55

chockbic payment method makes no difference to my prime! As long as it is listed as prime it works.

chockbic Thu 28-Aug-14 16:31:41

Oh OK, its from the blurb on their webby.

Have never used it, nor shall I bother.

You cannot purchase Prime with a gift certificate as its an annual fee but you can certainly use a voucher as a prime member.

If its any consolation, OP, if you got me on the phone, your order would be with you tommorow.

nomdemere Thu 28-Aug-14 18:45:47

Ha, TakeMeUp, I thought you sounded very knowledgeable! I hope I get you next time.

I have just dug the DS's Trunkis out of the cupboard to take instead of a suitcase. I am going to look a bit of a knob smile

TrinityForce Thu 28-Aug-14 19:23:42

Just nip to a store and buy a suitcase?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now