To think it would be nice to hear the little girl sing baa baa black sheep on the train?

(56 Posts)
Ibizatime Wed 27-Aug-14 16:19:52

If it wasn't

Blah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep haveBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep haveBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any wool

hmm

TheBloodManCometh Wed 27-Aug-14 18:22:15

I hate children singing on public transport. Sorry, I know that makes me a scrouge, but I do.
And I'm a Nanny smile

not2nitedarling Wed 27-Aug-14 18:24:04

I l.ove this thread.. I am now singing Everything is awesome.. Thanks

ICanSeeTheSun Wed 27-Aug-14 18:29:02

My DD sings the same line over and over again it drives me mad, luckily don't use Punic transport with her much.

Bettercallsaul1 Wed 27-Aug-14 18:36:21

By Punic transport, do you mean elephants, ICSTS? <obscure>

ZoeWannaBaker Wed 27-Aug-14 18:38:53

We have the song the minions sing in despicable me on repeat.

Sons and their cousin got together and within minutes had practiced and performed for us a BRILLIANT rendition with them all coming in at the right times etc

It was hilarious and awesome :D

HoldenMcGroin Wed 27-Aug-14 18:38:53

<admires Better's obscure post>

Well played my friend, well played

I love Better. It was a Punic pun <falls over in glee>

Hurr1cane Wed 27-Aug-14 18:45:09

Mummy?
Yes?
Love you
You too.

Mummy? Love you. Mummy, love you. Mummy mummy, love you. Mummy mummy mummy, love you, love you mummy. Love you, love you,

I'm glad he loves me. But that's pretty much all he says. All day.

Then strangers think I'm heartless when I switch off in tesco and don't hear him.

FloatIsRechargedNow Wed 27-Aug-14 18:46:11

Before we all get hoisty-tits ladies, I thought troll/ffs but maybe it is a constant singy thingy that's annoying and this is what the thread is about.

I've also kept sheep and every so often you get a black-woolled sheep if you keep X-breeds. Just happens and they're welcome.

So it should be ok to sing baa-baa black sheep have you any wool...

But repeatedly sung as the OP posted is highly UR.

ZoeWannaBaker Wed 27-Aug-14 18:51:05

No hoary-tits here thanks

<checks tits>

I'm pretty sure the OPs complaint is with the repeating of the first line over and over (however cutely) without actually progressing through the rhyme.

Icimoi Wed 27-Aug-14 18:51:12

Float, I think most people have worked that one out already.

ZoeWannaBaker Wed 27-Aug-14 18:56:22

Lol at my hoary-tits - no idea what they are.

hoisty-tits I mean

I have neither btw.

Icimoi Wed 27-Aug-14 18:57:35

It's not just children. I still shudder at the memory of trying to work near Twickenham Station as the crowds were coming out of an international match. I swear for pushing three hours there was nothing but a load of drunken voices singing (well, sort of) the words "Swing low, sweet chariot, Coming for to carry me home" over and over and over again. I was severely tempted to write the full lyrics on a large roll of paper and hang them from a high window just to try to persuade them to move the effing song on a bit.

maras2 Wed 27-Aug-14 18:59:02

Au Clare De la effing Lune.' E G G A B A 'etc,over and frigging over on the recorder.Descant recorders should be wiped out and the others only played by 500 year old musicians.

FloatIsRechargedNow Wed 27-Aug-14 19:07:32

Glad everyone's tits are in order (as are mine -one two buckle my shoe -but I might have to heave them into position later). Just one postee referred to the URness of the original song, hence response. Well it wasn't so long ago that you could move sheep on trains anyway so it might have been a real sheep at one time. <tits still in place>

glen we have the same song-mashup here too - and we've not even seen Frozen. Not going to either, too bloody annoying.

TheObligatoryNotQuiteSoNewGirl Wed 27-Aug-14 19:15:57

At preschool, we usually follow baa baa black sheep with the much more annoying "baa baa pink sheep, have you any spots, yes sir, yes sir, lots and lots. Some on my fingers, and some on my toes, and some on the end of my little pink nose" grrrr...

By the end of the summer term, I was also totally done with "Sparkle sparkle bright warm sun, shining down upon our fun. You give us light, you give us heat, we all think you're really neat... BUT!!! Sun can cause a nasty burn, this is something you must learn. In the sun you wear a hat, you must always thing of that. Sparkle sparkle bright warm sun, shining down upon our fun." the children never even sung, it was just all us adults sat there making fools of ourselves for no apparent reason

Roly poly, roly poly, up up up! Roly poly, roly poly, down down down! Roly poly, roly poly, clap clap clap! Roly poly, roly, poly, hands behind your back SSSSHHHH! (whispers) Roly poly, roly poly, up up up! Roly poly, roly poly, down down down! Roly poly, roly poly, clap clap clap! Roly poly, roly, poly, hands behind your back... ROLY POLY!

wanders off, singing to self

The obligatory we get all those too....

But current favourite is a nasal rendition of "Doyouwannabuildersnorrmannnn?" and "Lelligorrr" again and again and again and again and again
<collapses>

QuintessentiallyQS Wed 27-Aug-14 20:29:32

*I've also kept sheep and every so often you get a black-woolled sheep if you keep X-breeds. Just happens and they're welcome.

So it should be ok to sing baa-baa black sheep have you any wool...*

If you go to the far north of Norway you will find that over 50% of the sheep are black.

Maybe to make it possible for the snow plough to see them.

Bada bum....

ArsenicyOldFace Wed 27-Aug-14 20:37:16

You could lobby for train conductors to get playwork training OP? confused

Narwhals narwahls swimming in the ocean, causing a commotion...
ad infinitum, my kids can't even sing normal annoying songs, I swear they enjoy the weird looks blush

hormonalandneedingcheese Wed 27-Aug-14 22:00:21

Says it all really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZQebW6cI44

Anything on repeat is annoying. However awesome the first few times may have been.

With the exception of Die Hard and Firefly.

JimmyCorkhill Wed 27-Aug-14 22:07:13

TheObligatory Roly Poly is the only song DD2 knows (horribly neglected 2nd child..I swear I'll do stuff with you once DD1 starts school next week blush) So we LOVE it here!

DD1 has an ELC pop album with boring choirs ruining classic choons. Her favourite is Abba's Money, Money, Money....in a 'wristband world'.

YellowYoYoYam Wed 27-Aug-14 22:09:16

Oh I can sympathise OP. DD is just learning how to sing and really prefers me to sing to her. So she starts "Ba Ba sheep sheep..." Then wiggles her eyebrows and goes "Huh, huh," in a manner which I assume she believes is enticing.

MiaowTheCat Wed 27-Aug-14 22:10:37

I'm just glad it's not just me that gets my head completely and totally done in by the utter bombardment of repetitive toddler language by bedtime.

We get "Wow look mummy... A LEAF!" "Wow look mummy... ANUVA LEAF!" through the entire fucking park. I'm going into lockdown and not coming out during autumn.

As for songs - DD1 likes to make her own up in some kind of mini-terrorist subliminal advertising campaign to get life her own way. We had a good few weeks of the "mine mine mine song" used about absolutely everything in the entire known universe (and definitely anything her sister even contemplated looking at) and she started singing "buy me chips" to the tune of twinkle twinkle little star when we pulled into Tesco carpark the other day.

She hasn't quite got the lyrics to most right - we had "Bob Bob black sheep avuooo any wool, yes sir yes sir baa baa baa" the other day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now