To think it would be nice to hear the little girl sing baa baa black sheep on the train?

(56 Posts)
Ibizatime Wed 27-Aug-14 16:19:52

If it wasn't

Blah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep haveBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep haveBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any woolBlah Blah blah sheep have you any wool

hmm

5Foot5 Wed 27-Aug-14 16:24:23

Erm - not sure I understand the point of the post.

Are you objecting to the fact she didn't know the words or are you saying that she had been taught a bowdlerised version to avoid saying the word "black"?

Either way - and however sweet a little girl she was - I think it would wear a bit thin if she went on like this for any length of time.

RalphGnu Wed 27-Aug-14 16:27:58

I wish my DS(4) would learn the rest of the sodding tune to the Star Wars Death March. I've tried and tried but all he sings is "Ner ner ner ner ni ner ner ni ner. Ner ner ner ner ni ner ner ni ner." OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

<weeps>

SallyMcgally Wed 27-Aug-14 16:31:12

A child singing such a song ONCE ONLY is sweet and enchanting. One word of a reprise turns child into deeply irritating presence whose parents need to take immediate action if they are all out in public.

Cristalle Wed 27-Aug-14 16:33:19

i'd put my hands over my ears

Pagwatch Wed 27-Aug-14 16:35:05

It wouldn't be cute after the first time.

HoldenMcGroin Wed 27-Aug-14 16:37:19

It's the Roger Rabbit thing

Shave and a haircut

Has she stopped yet?

DiaDuit Wed 27-Aug-14 16:42:59

grin

I heard a mum hiss at her child to shut up singing "skip to my lou" (is it lou?) confused

I was quite sad for him as i thought it sounded so sweet. It hadnt occurred to me that it was perhaps the millionth time his mum had heard it that day! grin

Ibizatime Wed 27-Aug-14 16:44:47

She's stopped now, I asked her if she likes unicorns and she's gone to ask her mum to show her a picture of one WHO'S TWO ROWS AWAY WITH HER HEADPHONES IN

Dear god angry

vladthedisorganised Wed 27-Aug-14 16:46:17

Ma, ma, will you buy me a, buy me a, buy me a, Ma, ma will you buy me a, buy me a, buy me a, Ma, ma, will you buy me a, buy me a, buy me a, Ma, ma will you buy me a, buy me a, buy me a, Ma, ma will you buy me a, buy me a, buy me a...

BANANA! Buy you a BANANA! (wondering if introducing DD to Singing Kettle was such a good idea..)

DiaDuit Wed 27-Aug-14 16:48:33

grin vlad! I havent heard that in ages. Thankfully.

scrappydappydoo Wed 27-Aug-14 16:57:40

Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?Doyouwannabuildasnowman?

I can understand why Elsa told Ana to go away grin

LumpenproletariatAndProud Wed 27-Aug-14 17:23:40

We have "Everything is awesome!" Over and over and over again.

Ive even caught it myself and piss myself off.
Im even singing it in my head right now just because I typed that.

EVERYTHING IS AWEOME! EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE ALL IN A TEAM!

ReputableBiscuit Wed 27-Aug-14 17:34:13

Part of a team, lumpen. tsk.

FreeSpirit89 Wed 27-Aug-14 17:40:38

Oh god! I hate that blasted everything is awesome tune!

Also the old sotty and sweep song, 'this is the song that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it, not knowing what it was..'

Gah! Sorry mum

QuintessentiallyQS Wed 27-Aug-14 17:47:31

Thats nothing. Ds going I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out...I am bleeeeding out... Imagine Dragons I am bleeding out

Constantly, just that line.

Until ds2 (8) YELLED "I am FUCKING Bleeding out for you to stop singing that ONE line"

ds1 is 12 blush

QuintessentiallyQS Wed 27-Aug-14 17:54:58

<missing the point spectacularly>

LST Wed 27-Aug-14 18:08:42

Ds1 is 2.10 and sings 'this little piggy went to market x 1000000000 followed by 'and this little piggy went home'... hmm

picnicbasketcase Wed 27-Aug-14 18:11:16

'Led it go, led it go..' Has to be 'led' not let, to incorporate the Hollywood Scandinavian twang

UptheChimney Wed 27-Aug-14 18:13:55

To think it would be nice to hear the little girl sing baa baa black sheep on the train?

Under no circumstaces.

No.

And whoever lets her do this is vvv unreasonable. but more to the point, rude & discourteous.

LapsedTwentysomething Wed 27-Aug-14 18:14:36

Op, hats off to you. I can't believe you typed that out.

LapsedTwentysomething Wed 27-Aug-14 18:18:30

Did you know that they're not allowed to sing baa baa black sheep in schools any more because allegedly it's racist? <tuts and shakes head>

Says ever Daily Fail reader ever.

Dd does a lovely mash up of let it go and do you wanna build a snowman. On repeat.

Let it gooooooooooo, let it gooooooooooooooooo, wanna build a snowman let's go and play but let it gooooooooooooo and ride bikes around the hall its cold but bothers me anyway.

On repeat around 70 times a day.

Oh and there is a dance to go with it.

<wanders out of thread seeking gin>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now