To ask plasterer to turn off his music?

(17 Posts)
whootwhoot Wed 27-Aug-14 08:48:38

Day 2 of plasterer (who is doing an excellent job) working away with his music blaring. It's doing my head in! I know it probably helps him get through long hours of smoothing walls, but for me it is just an endless racket (think thrash metal interspersed with rap)...would it be rude to ask him to turn it off?

Ask him to turn it down, I wouldn't ask him to turn it off.

LadyLuck10 Wed 27-Aug-14 08:53:18

Maybe ask to turn it down a bit lower.

LiberalLibertines Wed 27-Aug-14 08:54:39

Yeah, down not off is reasonable smile

Cariad007 Wed 27-Aug-14 08:55:12

Just ask him to turn it down. Unless of course he's like the plasterer my next door neighbours had a few years ago who worked through the night. In that case you'd be more than entitled to ask him to turn it off!

Can't you go out? I can't imagine wanting to be indoors while someone is plastering, even if they work in silence

londonrach Wed 27-Aug-14 09:22:22

Does he have any headphones. If fling a good job music could be helping. Can he turn it down. Do you gave ear plugs..

londonrach Wed 27-Aug-14 09:23:03

Doing not fling

HappyAgainOneDay Wed 27-Aug-14 09:43:37

Gosh! Is he using your electricity? If so, I'd suggest that you ask him to turn it off or he'd have to pay £5 per hour .....

Yes, he'd probably find a way of charging you an extra £5 per hour, wouldn't he?

whootwhoot Wed 27-Aug-14 10:05:12

Have had enough! Am leaving the house for a bit (cop out). I think the problem with asking him to turn it down as opposed to off, is that i WANT IT OFF!! After two days I just want a bit of peace to have a cup of tea and read my book. If it was down low and I could still hear it, it would probably annoy me more.
Deep breath...it will be worth it in the end, it will be worth it in the end, it will be worth it in the end....

Mim78 Wed 27-Aug-14 10:06:13

I worked from home while having work done on house and had to tell them to turn music down as was imposssible to concentrate.

If you don't wfh or have kids you could go out for a bit instead?

Are you having your whole house plastered in one hit or do you just have a very slow plasterer?

whootwhoot Wed 27-Aug-14 12:06:55

Most of the house thanks to previous owners addiction to artex and horrible wallpaper.

Did he ask you if you minded him having his music on? If not he's bloody cheeky isn't he.

SaucyJack Wed 27-Aug-14 13:18:45

You might make him rage against his plaster-making machine.

MehsMum Wed 27-Aug-14 13:39:37

Noise-cancelling headphones? Normal headphones with your own music playing?

whois Wed 27-Aug-14 13:58:30

He should use headphones and an iPod. Pretty ride to play music in someone else's house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now