Do you shower every day?

(384 Posts)
chumrun Tue 26-Aug-14 21:52:12

The thread about taking an hour made me wonder.

In the morning I:

Clean teeth and listerine (10 mins)

Shower including hair wash with conditioner and shave legs and armpits every other day (10 mins)

Dry and straighten hair (10 mins)

Makeup, dress, earrings and other accessories (10 mins)

I can cut this down but I dawdle and make cups of tea, watch tv in between so yeah about an hour. But some people seem to just wash?

So what is the average?

Brightbutchilly Tue 26-Aug-14 21:53:29

10 mins to clean your teeth?

Missunreasonable Tue 26-Aug-14 21:54:16

I shower every day, or twice a day if I go for a run / do any cardio exercise.
I don't wash my hair every day as it is too dry and gets even drier when washed daily.

WitchWay Tue 26-Aug-14 21:54:18

I shower every day, usually in the morning, wash hair every other day, at the weekends I sometimes don't shower till after I've been cycling or gardening or something else sweaty. Sometimes I have a quick shower before bed.

meglet Tue 26-Aug-14 21:55:40

of course. Shower every evening and clean pj's every night.

Twice a day if I have a run or go to the gym.

Hulababy Tue 26-Aug-14 21:55:42

Yes, I shower every morning - shower inc hair and a quick once once with the razor will take 10 minutes.

Teeth - 3-4 min
Dry/Brush hair - 5-10 min
Dress - 5 min
Make up - 2-3 min max

Way less than an hour; I prefer the extra time in bed.

Janethegirl Tue 26-Aug-14 21:57:03

I can get out of bed, shower including washing of long hair, get cup of tea and dry hair a bit, get dressed, teeth brushed and outbid house in well under 30 minutes. Can even empty dishwasher and set up washing machine as well if necessary. I just don't get this hour stuffsmile

Pinkandpurplehairedlady Tue 26-Aug-14 21:57:06

I shower everyday but if I'm in a rush I have quick wash and use dry shampoo on my hair.

My normal routine is:

2 mins brush teeth
5 mins shower (shampoo and condition hair , shave any bits needed)
5 mins dry hair
5 mins make-up (if wearing any - I don't always).

I have to admit I'm a bit confused about it taking an hour to get ready.

chumrun Tue 26-Aug-14 21:57:26

Bright aye. Still got informed by Mumsnet I stink though grin wink

littlejohnnydory Tue 26-Aug-14 21:59:15

I shower at night. So just wash in the morning, clean teeth and dress. Pre-children there was hair-straightening, bit of make up and jewellery involved but no longer, unless going somewhere special! So getting myself ready takes about ten mins or so.

chinamoon Tue 26-Aug-14 21:59:20

20-30 mins.

5 min shower
5 min hair wash
5 min dry and brush hair
5 min get dressed
5 mins teeth and make up

Janethegirl Tue 26-Aug-14 21:59:51

I don't wash my hair every day though, every 2-3 days is enough else it's too dry and uncontrollable.

aurthersleep Tue 26-Aug-14 22:01:30

I get out of bed and first job a cup of tea and a shit
unless you have a mucky job or exercise and get sweaty you should only shower/bathe 2 or if you are feeling decedent 3 times a week.

Janethegirl Tue 26-Aug-14 22:01:41

If in a real hurry ( or wanting extra time in bed) I'll skip the shower and use baby wipes, but the cup of tea is non negotiable grin

Brightbutchilly Tue 26-Aug-14 22:02:05

Hmmm. I would think your nearest and dearest might be better qualified to give you feedback on that!

I do however shower everyday. We have our morning routine down to a fine art though. Up, washed, made up, dressed, breakfasted and out the door with two clean and dressed DC in 30 mins.

Shower every night and moisturise.

In the morning I was my hair and leave conditioner on for15 minutes, it's bleached and straightened.

Put make up on whilst hair's wrapped in the towel -10 minutes.

Get dressed -5 minutes.

Dry hair-10 minutes.

40 minutes tops.

ChasbutnotDave Tue 26-Aug-14 22:04:31

I shower or have a bath everyday. I don't time any of my morning activities so have no idea how long it all takes, all I know is what time we have to leave the house so what time I get up dictates how quick I have to be.

SugarSkully Tue 26-Aug-14 22:04:38

I think showering daily is bad for your skin and for your health and a waste of water. i wash daily, shower weekly. my hair gets washed every other day.

chumrun Tue 26-Aug-14 22:04:45

I am fragrant and fresh according to said nearest and dearest wink

(I was a bit blocked up last week and had someone be really rude to me and I started a thread moaning asking if I was BU and some said I was because clearly I stink and have no manners by going near people with my fetid mouth.)

BreadForBrains Tue 26-Aug-14 22:04:53

I shower/bath every day unless I'm ill but probably in the last ten years that has been about 5 days.
It takes me 20 minutes just to dry my hair (currently without my hairdryer as it blew up!), they need two stylists in the hairdressers to do it! And a further 45 minutes to straighten it so that gets done once a month or so!

Janethegirl Tue 26-Aug-14 22:06:10

Showering daily is only bad if you use loads of chemicals on your skin.

DramaAlpaca Tue 26-Aug-14 22:06:41

I shower & wash my hair every morning. If it's been a hot day or I've been exercising I might have another shower in the evening.

I'm fairly quick though - I can be up, showered, fed and off to work in 30 minutes if I need to.

SugarSkully Tue 26-Aug-14 22:07:16

and what do you think is in the showegel/soap/shampoo that you shower with?

tittifilarious Tue 26-Aug-14 22:07:55

Not every single day. Most days. I'm a bit odd in that I can't just wash in the shower - I have to shave pits & legs and wash my hair - so I need to know I've got 10 mins plus hair drying time. I'm a knob.

itsbetterthanabox Tue 26-Aug-14 22:10:19

Don't you get an itchy undercarriage if you don't wash everyday?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now