I nearly killed myself today

(463 Posts)
PepsiTwirl Mon 25-Aug-14 23:48:25

Really sorry but put here for traffic.

I put it in mental health a couple of hours ago but noone responded.

I was going to kill myself , but just as I was about to take tablets, my partner walked in.

DP knows I'm having a hard time, but not this hard.

We spoke for abit, and cried together. DP now asleep and need to talk

(I added a symbol to a random thread to make sure name change had worked)

starshaker Mon 25-Aug-14 23:50:32

What caused things to get to this point? I've been there, its an awful place to be. Pleased you found a reason to stay

wanderingcloud Mon 25-Aug-14 23:51:42

So sorry to read this. Get the number for the Samaritans. They are fantastic and will just allow you to talk. Make an appointment with your GP tomorrow to discuss where to go from here.

JennySense Mon 25-Aug-14 23:52:15

Please get to your GP tomorrow. It doesn't have to be this way, you can get well again. Much love xxx

PepsiTwirl Mon 25-Aug-14 23:52:35

To be honest I didn't find a reason to stay, it's just DP walked in on me.

I really want to do something right now, but I just don't know what and how.

My head is not in a good place

LadyLuck10 Mon 25-Aug-14 23:55:01

Here's a hug op.

Purplepoodle Mon 25-Aug-14 23:56:53

Phone the out of hours doctors now. Explain the situation

Namechngedforthis Mon 25-Aug-14 23:58:11

Hey OP, go in and look at your DP sleeping and ask yourself if he could bear to lose you. If you have children go into their rooms and do the same. Sit down, make a list of all the things you have to be happy and thankful for. If you still can't see any other way out wake your partner, talk to him and please get some urgent medical help. flowers

PepsiTwirl Mon 25-Aug-14 23:58:13

What will they do? Will they section me? I'm not going to hospital

Stopanuary Mon 25-Aug-14 23:59:11

Samaritans number is 08457 909090

Spartak Mon 25-Aug-14 23:59:28

How far is your nearest hospital? Can you get there and go to A&E?

Septbaby Tue 26-Aug-14 00:00:03

Please call the Samaritans, the number is 08457 90 90 90. They are simply there to talk to, it may just be the thing you need, there is no judgment, just someone to talk to xxx

PepsiTwirl Tue 26-Aug-14 00:01:02

Can A&E do anything?

I'm scared how it feels so clear that I am going to do something, kind of a calm feeling. A very weird feeling.

scousadelic Tue 26-Aug-14 00:02:07

A couple of years ago someone I care a lot about found the strength to ring me rather than end things. I am so glad that he found that strength and now he has come through it, so is he. This seems like a reasonable solution now but, trust me, it really isn't, you just can't see that at the moment.

Please go to the doctors tomorrow and wake your partner if you feel yourself wavering

MyPrettyToes Tue 26-Aug-14 00:02:53

The fact that you are writing here is a very very good thing Pepsi. Wake your DP and talk or ring the Samaritans.

Spartak Tue 26-Aug-14 00:03:07

Are you in England? Call 111 if you are. Its the replacement for nhs direct. They have been fab the few times I have called them. They will be able to advise you where best to go.

Septbaby Tue 26-Aug-14 00:03:21

Talk to someone pepsi, just talk to them, as long as you need to, please call the Samaritans, you can go to a&e if you feel you want to, wake your DP, just please talk to someone xxx

PepsiTwirl Tue 26-Aug-14 00:04:23

I'm in London.
I'm scared to phone anyone. I don't know what to say. What will they do? I don't want anyone knowing about this, especially not my family

PepsiTwirl Tue 26-Aug-14 00:05:15

My partner is the only one who knows I am like this

PhilomenaCunk Tue 26-Aug-14 00:05:20

Please call the Samaritans. They are tremendous.

NCforAye Tue 26-Aug-14 00:06:20

Phone the Samaritans, please.

You as an individual are of value and importance. The world would be a poorer place without you.

Spartak Tue 26-Aug-14 00:06:37

Just tell them what you posted here. Read it out if its easier that way. They will talk to you and tell you the best way to get help.

Septbaby Tue 26-Aug-14 00:07:02

You don't need to tell anyone, Samaritans is anonymous if you want it to be, just tell them exactly what you've written here, that's all, they are amazing

PhilomenaCunk Tue 26-Aug-14 00:07:13

You don't have to say anything. They'll give you time.

PhilomenaCunk Tue 26-Aug-14 00:08:26

By that I mean that even if you call and can't be eloquent or just need to cry they will listen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now