To be grossed out by him eating our leftovers?

(40 Posts)
WaltJesseMikeGus Tue 19-Aug-14 21:54:57

On a working trip wash for 3 weeks, it's a global company and there is a group of 20 people (some I have never met )

We have been out if dinner as a whole group 5 times. Each time people finish their desserts the same guy will eat all the leftovers. I even asked him how many desserts he had and he said 6.

He will walk up and down the table to see who has finished or will shout your name across the table. I had half eaten ice cream which he took and ate.

Aibu to think this behaviour rather gross?

mzzzf Tue 19-Aug-14 21:56:46

Ewwwwww! That's definitely considered gross. Awful table manners!

YANBU

SandorClegane Tue 19-Aug-14 21:57:19

Does he minesweep the bar for half drunk pints later on?

That's rank and gluttonous, but also pretty funny in its no shame, brass-neckedness.

WitchWay Tue 19-Aug-14 21:57:47

Horrible

I'd spit on mine

MrsWolowitz Tue 19-Aug-14 21:57:51

Ugh. YANBU.

Why is he being so greedy?

strawberryangel Tue 19-Aug-14 21:58:35

Yuk! We occasionally do it at home, but wouldn't with anyone who wasn't close family!

expatinscotland Tue 19-Aug-14 22:00:13

Yuk. Tell him to buzz off.

Balanced12 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:03:21

That's bad, you should make a comment about looking after his health. Does he choose a normal portion in the first instance ? Maybe he is skint.

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Tue 19-Aug-14 22:04:49

One of my friends used to do this.

His catch phrase was "are you done with this?"and it became a recurring joke in our social circle.

I think I would find it weird from a stranger though tbh

TheBloodManCometh Tue 19-Aug-14 22:23:50

Appalling manners. Amongst friends seems okay and I certainly give OH my leftovers to eat but in a business setting it's just inappropriate and greedy.

WaltJesseMikeGus Tue 19-Aug-14 22:28:09

That's the thing, if it was a friend/partner wouldn't even register with me. However if a friend ate 6 other peoples leftover desserts I think I'd still be quite grossed out - especially as it was not a one off.

I talk to the guy and I'm friendly but still I wouldn't consider him to be a friend, more an acquaintance.

TheMaddHugger Tue 19-Aug-14 22:30:29

when Son was a teenager he could do that easily.

HansieLove Tue 19-Aug-14 22:30:53

This reminds me of a story on here where a roommate would hover while others were eating, waiting to eat what was left. I love leftovers, it's a meal later with no work, but these people never got a chance to put something away.

Anyway, the story you tell speaks of greed, very unprofessional too.

iK8 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:30:54

Sorry what is this "left over dessert" of which you speak?

RosePresser Tue 19-Aug-14 22:33:05

YANBU - this is yuck. If it was a family or friends gathering then yeah ok and it can be funny but a business function where people didn't even know each other?! Weird!

Castlemilk Tue 19-Aug-14 22:37:55

I'd have commented:

'You must really like the taste of other people's spit.'

AlexVause82 Wed 20-Aug-14 12:13:41

Sorry what is this "left over dessert" of which you speak

haha!!

Salmotrutta Wed 20-Aug-14 12:15:54

OP you clearly have no idea of the level of feeding required for a tapeworm.

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Wed 20-Aug-14 12:15:56

Thow your napkin in it and really mess it up.

Cornettoninja Wed 20-Aug-14 12:18:25

Ask him if he's got worms and does he know he an get something over the counter for them.

It's not something that'd overly bother me to be honest - his reputation is his lookout and he probably thinks it's a 'quirky trait'. Smush your napkin into your plate and tell him you blew your nose on it to stop him having yours.

cherrybombxo Thu 21-Aug-14 13:44:50

Urgh, gross! My DP eats my leftovers at every meal, regardless of where we are, and that annoys me enough. In fact, he once told me that he tries to steer me towards choosing something on the menu that he wants because it means that he can order something else and he knows that he'll get to eat what I don't finish anyway hmm

I agree with others, shove your napkin into the leftovers so he won't eat them.

HannerHet Thu 21-Aug-14 14:21:52

That is disgusting!

Let him eat your leftovers, then pipe up that you have herpes/worms/D&V.

NorwaySpruce Thu 21-Aug-14 14:33:37

It's odd, yes, but it isn't really harming anyone.

Just push past the embarrassment/what will people think factor, and leave him to it.

If he'd rather eat other peoples leftovers than see the food thrown out, why be unpleasant to him by mushing up the food, or throwing used napkins onto it?

Cinnamon73 Thu 21-Aug-14 14:41:02

I would also think that "leftover" and "dessert" don't really go together. At least not in our house we're all greedy

You're right, it's odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now