To challenge this? (Job in consultation)

(3 Posts)
Slutbucket Tue 19-Aug-14 21:20:31

I am currently very part time7.5 hrs a week! Recently my department was reviewed and our job role has changed. We have five in our department who do the same job. All will not be able to do the new job.

There is currently the equivalent of two full time jobs. However because of geographical areas one of the jobs will be split over geographical areas as a job share. More people wAnt to do the job than there is hours for so I have been asked to go for interview . However not everybody in the team have been asked. Just the two who are filling one of the part time positions and we are fighting it out. The other colleagues don't have to come all though we are all doing the same job. No official jobs have been advertised as such as they said they will welcome job shares.

Does this seem right?

Balanced12 Tue 19-Aug-14 22:13:08

I think you all have to be judged against the same criteria with transparency of how the scoring works, if it's scaling down it would be classed as redundancy. You can Google the hmrc redundancy calculator and there's loads of other info in there too.

It doesn't sound right but some companies seem to get away with murder

Slutbucket Wed 20-Aug-14 00:16:57

I've logged my complaint with he director who is also my bosses boss. So she has completed the review. I think she has got too close and not seeing the unfairness of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now