To think this is a great reason not to have more kids?

(33 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Mon 18-Aug-14 15:04:05

I just want to go to the loo alone and im tired of taking 6 year old dd to the loo. Tnere ive said it!

DomesticSlobbess Mon 18-Aug-14 15:04:48

Why do you have to take her to the loo with you?

At 6? AAaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh. I thought this was a short term thing.

WorraLiberty Mon 18-Aug-14 15:06:02

Why would you ever take a 6yr old child to the loo with you?

rubyslippers Mon 18-Aug-14 15:09:10

6 year olds do not come to the loo with you confused

awsomer Mon 18-Aug-14 15:19:16

I think it's a great reason to stop taking her to the loo with you but a rubbish reason for anything else.

OwlCapone Mon 18-Aug-14 15:20:09

Surely she can go by herself confused

Hurr1cane Mon 18-Aug-14 15:22:00

My 8 year old still comes to the loo with me. But he has disabilities.

I think being able to go to the loo in peace is a fantastic reason to have no more kids.

Do you mean when you're out and about, or at home?

I can see why you might worry if the two of you are out shopping or whatever. But not in the house.

steff13 Mon 18-Aug-14 15:28:26

My 3 (almost 4) year old trails after me all the time, even when I use the bathroom or take a shower. She talks to me the entire time. She'll leave if I ask her to, though.

Suefla62 Mon 18-Aug-14 15:48:18

That's why there's a lock on the door.

maninawomansworld Mon 18-Aug-14 16:20:34

I think the fact you can't even go to the loo without a 6 year old coming with you indicates there is something wrong there.
I mean, seriously, 5 minutes apart won't kill her. What does she do when she goes to school - or do you go with her?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 18-Aug-14 16:24:55

Even my 2.5yo doesnt come to the loo with me.

Unless there is more to this story then tell her to remain in the living room or wherever she is.

deakymom Mon 18-Aug-14 16:29:42

my 14 year old cant wait till ive finished and if im honest my 35 year old husband follows me because its important to speak to me immediately sad

hiddenhome Mon 18-Aug-14 17:03:14

One of mine's 15 and I still can't get any peace confused

TalcumPowder Mon 18-Aug-14 17:32:38

Yanbu. I slam the door (which has no lock) and shout to my toddler 'I just want to pee in peace!', which leads to him standing outside rattling the handle and saying 'Hurry, mummy, finish you pee!' Or occasionally, if there are visitors, he will go around everyone and say 'Mummy peeing'.

EddieVeddersfoxymop Mon 18-Aug-14 17:44:56

Sigh. I feel your pain. My 6 year old WILL NOT go into a public loo by herself. She's fine at home, at school and at places she knows (like Grandads house, Uncle's work etc) but in a restaurant/coffee shop/supermarket she point blank will not do it. She's a nervous nelly, and gets scared of getting locked in, she's still terrified of hand driers etc.

I only have one child grin

thatsn0tmyname Mon 18-Aug-14 17:48:02

Going to the loo in peace is the reason I returned to work. Although when I miss them I repeatedly slam the lid into my back whilst weeing wink

ShadowsShadowsEverywhere Mon 18-Aug-14 17:52:10

My 16mo doesn't come to the loo with me, let alone the 3yo. They won't die in the two mins it takes me to pee, if I need to do anything else I stick the tv on for ten mins. I'm a lone parent so I regularly have to shut them in the living room while I answer the door/take a shower/take bins out. They're perfectly safe and I just don't understand why people complain about having to take kids to the loo with them. Obviously public loos are different but not at home. And tbh I wouldn't take a 6yo in a public cubicle with me either, DD often goes on her own with me outside the door as she likes privacy. And she's 3!

TheReluctantCountess Mon 18-Aug-14 17:54:42

There's no reason for a six year old to come with you.

amyhamster Mon 18-Aug-14 17:58:10

Everything okay op ?

Presumably you pee in peace when she's at school?

Purplepoodle Mon 18-Aug-14 18:12:21

My main reason for returning to work pt was to go to the toilet blissfully alone

CouldntGiveAMonkeysToss Mon 18-Aug-14 18:12:32

My toddler will just barge in will I'm on the toilet but if I tell him to leave he usually does, my four year old doesn't come in if I ask him not to but will sit outside the door talking to me. At six why can't you just ask her to leave the room because you want some privacy?

MostWicked Mon 18-Aug-14 18:14:23

There is NOTHING that cannot wait until I have finished peeing.
I refuse to be interrupted because it shows a complete lack of respect (when it is older kids or adults) and younger kids need to learn to wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now