To ask everyone who is TTCing or supporting someone TTCing to read this?

(14 Posts)
Pipbin Sun 17-Aug-14 17:17:00

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28785054

And if you have the time listen to the radio program. It explains what it is like so well. I imagine it must be hard to understand if you've not been there.
It might be helpful if you have a friend going through IVF or TTCing.

Andrewofgg Sun 17-Aug-14 20:36:11

Pipbin Bless you for posting this, I had not spotted it in Radio Times and I am glad I listened to it.

My niece, forty next birthday, has never really wanted anything out of life except to be a mother, and it has not happened in spite of treatment including IVF. Three years ago her brother who lives nearby (and they are close) had a son; she went through a short spell when she could not bear to see him but is now a devoted aunt to him - but has never given up hope.

I think I now have just a small inkling of what it has all meant and still means to her.

Lauren83 Sun 17-Aug-14 22:19:35

I'm going to look at this thanks, 7 years TTC and 3 IVFS (1 with donor eggs) and still no luck

Thanks for posting

Scunthyplombin Sun 17-Aug-14 22:21:57

flowers

Osirus Sun 17-Aug-14 23:26:46

I'm just starting fertility investigations so will have a look. It's very tough and I can't imagine how much harder it's going to get. You must be very brave Lauren83, I hope you get your wish.

Pipbin Sun 17-Aug-14 23:42:59

I posted it as I felt it captured the feelings so well and spoke about them so clearly.
I hope it helps do people to understand and other to not feel so alone.

EarthWindFire Sun 17-Aug-14 23:47:06

Thank you for posting. It explains so well what it is like.

Unfortunately for me it is never going to happen and I have kind of made peace with that.

It is so difficult when you are going through it and so difficult to discuss with others.

Pipbin Sun 17-Aug-14 23:51:13

I think the big problem is that so many of us keep it secret, especially at work. I have been very open about it. Sitting talking with work colleagues a while ago it turned out that 5 of us were all TTCing, yet we were all ashamed to talk about it.

Coumarin Mon 18-Aug-14 00:22:20

Bumping this. A huge part of the stress that infertility and ivf brings is caused by other people just not getting it. Anything that can help ease that is a good thing imo. It's taken 7 years, 5 cycles of icsi/ivf and three miscarriages to get to the point where a very small handful of people around me understand how difficult it is. No one can truly get it without experiencing it first hand but everyone is capable of empathy and a little but if that can go a long, long way towards helping someone who is struggling to conceive.

Coumarin Mon 18-Aug-14 00:24:04

We haven't yet managed to have success btw but we live in hope.

thanks to everyone who knows how it feels. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Pipbin Mon 18-Aug-14 00:47:44

And please try to listen to the radio program (link at the end of the article) it says it all so beautifully.

fackinell Mon 18-Aug-14 01:27:14

Really interesting article, thank you Pipbin. I've had 3 MCs in as many years. I don't think of myself as childless, I am a mother, my children just never survived. But I totally get the point of it.

Pipbin Mon 18-Aug-14 08:53:17

I feel the same Fack although I haven't ever even got as far as getting pregnant. I have pictures of the embryos that were transfered, that is the closest I have got to being a mother.

Lauren83 Mon 18-Aug-14 09:46:58

Osirus

Thankyou! I hope you have a smoother journey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now