to ask what your vaginia feels like.

(19 Posts)
Happypenguin2014 Sat 09-Aug-14 21:46:49

This isn't as gross as it sounds but I need reassurance.

Just finished period,

Is your cervix ment to be low?

Is your sides inside lumpy of smooth? I had a cut with dd, so its all lumpy.

I was feeling because i had a panic that I had left a tampon in.

My god I'm a paranoid reck.

And maybe tipsy.

theendoftheendoftheend Sat 09-Aug-14 21:49:06

Well it certainly ain't what it used to be! (3 babies, 1 tear and 20 odd partners later...) i don't go poking about tho. I might get lost blush

LadySybilLikesCake Sat 09-Aug-14 21:49:18

Sounds like you have a prolapse, chuck. Your GP is the place to go to get it checked. Lots of pelvic floor exercises will help in the mean time smile

Happypenguin2014 Sat 09-Aug-14 21:54:34

Not long been doctors to have coil removed, she didn't mention any thing then.

Ahhh now I'm more worried. Its lumpy at the sides. Like it has flaps or a hidden hole.

LadySybilLikesCake Sat 09-Aug-14 21:57:07

Not all of them do and they tend to leave things be unless it's causing you problems. Sometimes the nurse is 'tactful' when doing a smear "Oh, your cervix points upwards!" hmm Do you wee a little when you sneeze/cough? Low and lumpy = prolapse.

ICanSeeTheSun Sat 09-Aug-14 21:58:34

www.beautifulcervix.com/cervix-photo-galleries/photos-of-cervix/

WARNING don't open if you have children or graphic images.

When TTC I used this, why I dont know but may help with the cervix position

Happypenguin2014 Sat 09-Aug-14 21:59:09

No, I'm only 24! :,( I thought it was my cerix because it was high last week!

Oh god. I hate it when something isn't right. You can't help but google it.. And please dong Google prolapsed vagina sad

deakymom Sat 09-Aug-14 22:01:18

your cervix appears to move and your vag will be slightly more roomy and more fluid less fluid depending on the time of the month if the doctor mentioned nothing its because there is nothing remarkable to mention x

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Sat 09-Aug-14 22:01:33

Your cervix is high the few days before ovulation (when you are fertile) and low after ovulation.

deakymom Sat 09-Aug-14 22:03:21
deakymom Sat 09-Aug-14 22:03:45

get to know your cervix info for when your more sober x

LadySybilLikesCake Sat 09-Aug-14 22:05:41

Just go and see your GP, they have seen it all before and can check smile

toastandmarmiterocks Sat 09-Aug-14 22:28:23

It's not smooth inside your vagina. All those crevices & nooks (called ruggae) open up to make room for baby when it comes out that way...

I'm sure all is fine but if you are worried do go and see your GP.

Mine is bumpy, and I can identify where the stitches were after my PFBs birth (and he's 24 soon!)
My cervix sort of migrates a bit too, at different times of the month- sometimes DH well, prods it during sex, and sometimes it's nowhere to be seen, and since he hasn't got GoGoGadget Willy it must be my bits moving I think... grin blush

GothMummy Sun 10-Aug-14 01:14:19

No, Im bumpy and lumpy and its all a bit different to how I imagined it would be in there!! I have had two babies and had a 3rd degree tear so I think its damage from that.
The cervix moves around according to the cycle

Dont worry!

Coumarin Sun 10-Aug-14 01:26:53

Sounds totally normal to me. My cervix can be very low and I have a tilted womb so think that makes it more obvious. Other times it's higher up.

My vagina walls are lumpy bumpy with folds like yours.

I've had lots of inter vaginal scans, smears and other things that involve Drs, nurses and consultants prodding about up there (ivf x5) and not one of them has made any comment other than the tilted womb thing. So it must be normal.

Don't worry. cake

MorphineDreams Sun 10-Aug-14 03:20:08

I've never had a baby.

Inside my vagina is soft and plumpy. I cannot feel my cervix unless I really push back with my middle finger.

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Sun 10-Aug-14 06:27:40

grin at gogogadget willy!

Coumarin Sun 10-Aug-14 09:53:23

Should've added, I haven't had children.

The cervix moves up and down a fair bit during your cycle. Sometimes it's really low and easy to touch. Sometimes it's very high up and harder to reach. Sometimes soft, sometimes hard. Etc.

All completely normal. Plus I guess we're all slightly different up there like everything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now