How do I get paint off a cat?

(61 Posts)
HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:05:01

Seriously! We have just finished decorating in various colours, and the cat has splodges of yellow and teraccota on his tail, and turquoise paws where the little turd darling jumped onto the wet windowsill! I tried to bathe him but he won't have a bar of it! Wtf do I do?

Mumof3xox Sat 09-Aug-14 16:05:56

Washing machine

Floop Sat 09-Aug-14 16:06:22

I've done this to my cat before!

I stroked her, lured her into a false sense of security, soaked the paint through with nail polish remover on sodden cotton balls and brushed her with the cat comb.

Paint came away eventually!

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:06:38

Just to point out, he is a house cat, and any attempt to put him on the balcony during the decorating resulted in him climbing back in through the window!

WowserBowser Sat 09-Aug-14 16:07:04

How did the poster get the spray paint off the pigeon?

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:08:09

Will nail polish remover harm him when he licks though? This is worse than Gerbilgate!

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:09:00

grin at washing machine

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sat 09-Aug-14 16:09:09

The thread with the pigeon was hilarious!!

I'd just leave the stuff on his fur. It will come off eventually

Cornettoninja Sat 09-Aug-14 16:09:12

I'd cut the fur off and then attempt a cat burrito (wrap in a blanket or towel) with offending paws sticking out and wash as much as I could off.

Make sure you've treats for after, he may just maim and not kill you then smile

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:10:18

<googles spray painted pigeon>

Cornettoninja Sat 09-Aug-14 16:11:03

Nooooo, no chemicals. Very dilute sugar soap and lots of rinsing.

Nail varnished remover might react with his skin even if you rinse it all off.

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:11:45

Mummyduck the nail polish remover or the paint?

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:13:05

Sugar soap you say? I have a shitload left, so that's my next attempt...thank you

CheeseToastie123 Sat 09-Aug-14 16:13:27

There are some corking thread titles today. I approve.

PixieofCatan Sat 09-Aug-14 16:16:17

Haha, I thought of the pigeon too grin

Keep brushing the cat? confused

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:16:51

It's a bit silly to worry I know, but the Rspca have just evicted a woman across the way for having 32 cats in a one bedroom flat, so they're still knocking around...if they see a rainbow cat yowling on the balcony, Fuck knows what they'll think!

RabbitsarenotHares Sat 09-Aug-14 16:18:20

When my cat got tangled up in fly paper (horrid stuff!) I covered her in olive oil, then washing up liquid, then attempted to rinse her off under the shower. Not sure if this would help you...?

Cornettoninja Sat 09-Aug-14 16:19:04

Is the yellow, terracotta and turquoise all in the same room? I'm trying to picture it...

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:19:16

This sounds made up even to ME- I'm a regular poster, honestly! Shall I photograph the cat so you can see that my hands are bald and my flat isn't under a bridge?

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:20:41

Tried the shower Rabbit. He yowled.

Yellow and aqua in lounge, teraccota in kitchen

Liney15 Sat 09-Aug-14 16:20:42

DH found that putting cat in the shower worked though his hands were shredded doing this as cat did not appreciate the nice cool water. (DH had been painting kitchen with the door shut which the cat was fascinated by, as soon as he opened the door the cat was straight in and then fell in the paint tray - and then went onto the work surface, floor etc DH had a lot of cleaning to do before I got home).

FamiliesShareGerms Sat 09-Aug-14 16:21:57

Well obviously we need a photo!

I would leave it to dry then brush and brush it out. Neither if mine would let me faff around with sugar soap or olive oil on them, even wrapped in a towel (love the "cat burrito" by the way!)

Floop Sat 09-Aug-14 16:22:16

I assumed nail polish remover was fine because my kid drank some once and she didn't die!

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:22:22

Liney do we have the same cat?

HumptyWasPushed Sat 09-Aug-14 16:22:58

How do I upload a photo?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now