to think this is unacceptable?

(19 Posts)
Fluffyears Sat 09-Aug-14 15:39:30

I think rounding off the edges gives you slightly less chocolate. Then they pretend it's based on research to enhance the flavour. They said cream eggs weren't getting smaller it was people's hands getting bigger??? Erm ok then me and my gigantic hands still say they are smaller!

I've noticed other companies at it as well, look at loo roll the inner tubing is wider now to give you less squares of bottom wiping on each roll!

RufusTheReindeer Sat 09-Aug-14 14:37:43

this

That made me giggle, and I never giggle

DiaDuit Sat 09-Aug-14 14:28:11

ooh don't talk about tayto. i'll have to go to the shop again! grin

SweetsForMySweet Sat 09-Aug-14 14:24:38

They have made them smaller, less filling in the filled bars like turkish delight & carmello. They have also increased the price. The same has happened with a lot of food products in the last few years such as rolls of sweets having 2 less now, less taytos per pack, snickers are shorter, only 2 shorter sticks in the pink snacks. Cabdurys sold to a different company a few years back so probably to do with profits and treating it as a luxury item. sad

DiaDuit Sat 09-Aug-14 14:21:51

oh yes I like a nice snap when I break my chocolate. cant be having that weak ass flimsy eggy crap.

Thisvehicleisreversing Sat 09-Aug-14 14:16:48

I don't like Easter egg chocolate, it's all breaky.

I like a nice thick bar I can break off as I want.

I also get upset if my bar has broken en route back from the shops

DiaDuit Sat 09-Aug-14 14:16:02

I don't think any chocolate tastes as good nowadays as it did when I was a child. except for the chocolate on the dark chocolate mcvities digestives. it's still perfect and must never change

RJnomore Sat 09-Aug-14 14:15:25

It's vile.

A complete travesty.

I got one in a selection box and i was disgusted and horrified <sad face>

They've sacked the bunny as well.

DiaDuit Sat 09-Aug-14 14:14:12

now that is interesting, I actually dislike the taste of easter eggs. they do taste different.

sebsmummy1 Sat 09-Aug-14 14:13:23

*fond

sebsmummy1 Sat 09-Aug-14 14:13:00

Yes it's totally to do with weight, they have admitted this in the press. I suspect also they will have had to source poorer quality ingredients to keep the price consistent. I don't eat chocolate so luckily I couldn't give a chuff what they do with the shape of the bars, I do however have very find memories of eating my body weight in chocolate when I was young grin

DiaDuit Sat 09-Aug-14 14:12:31

grin @ this. yeah you sock it to 'em!

I don't eat aero so cant comment on those.

Meloria Sat 09-Aug-14 14:12:12

This was a big story when they first changed the shape about a year ago. The rounded shape changes the speed at which the chocolate melts in your mouth and is supposed to enhance the flavour. There has been extensive research to suggest this is the case, though obviously there is an element of personal preference. A thinner, rounded shape is thought to be best, hence many people say they enjoy Easter egg chocolate or buttons more.

Thisvehicleisreversing Sat 09-Aug-14 14:11:11

I won't buy the small bars of dairy milk because of the new shape.

I'm buying the bigger, normal shaped bars now. Take that Cadbury/Kraft!

Oh, wait.....

Onesleeptillwembley Sat 09-Aug-14 14:10:15

Aero tasted different when they made the vile chunky one.

DiaDuit Sat 09-Aug-14 14:08:13

you know wow I thought it tasted different but haven't had one in a while so assumed it was just my taste buds remembering it differently. guess it is the bar afterall!

did kraft buy Cadbury?

wowfudge Sat 09-Aug-14 14:03:42

Bizarrely I think the new shape makes the chocolate taste different...blame Kraft. Why mess with something that has worked for so many years unless you just want to put your own stamp over everything for the sake of it?

angelohsodelight Sat 09-Aug-14 14:01:47

I bet the weight has been reduced too...... (bastards)

DiaDuit Sat 09-Aug-14 13:56:41

I've been to the shop for a chocolate fix and bought a Cadbury's dairy milk caramel.

they've changed the shape of the segments! they used to be straight edged rectangles with a bit of a step around the whole bar. IMO this was the best part of the bar. it is now gone! the segments are now rounded bubbles with no thick edge to nibble on! I cant be the only one to dislike this change in shape?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now