To write to Gu...

(30 Posts)
ICanSeeTheShardFromHere Fri 08-Aug-14 21:14:28

And tell them to stop making cheesecakes in little glass ramekins and make them in plastic pots instead because DP insists on keeping ALL THE RAMEKINS and we don't have anywhere to store the fucking things.

I try to throw them out but he identifies and rescues about 50% of them from the recycling.

We have so many. I hate them.

ICanSeeTheShardFromHere Fri 08-Aug-14 21:14:51

Don't tell me to stop eating cheesecake

Blankiefan Fri 08-Aug-14 21:16:53

It stops me buying them.... We've got loads and it feels so wasteful to throw them out.

Imnot sure given I'd buy a glass bottle of wine or stuff in a glass jar. Maybe because they seem useful?

Blankiefan Fri 08-Aug-14 21:17:11

I'm not sure why given..

Piss right off! They're great. not sure why send me them grin

Dieu Fri 08-Aug-14 21:18:33

I find the wee ramekins handy for the kids' snacks. They hold the perfect amount of raisins, sweeties, cheerios, etc. Mind you, I only have a couple of the things!

Trills Fri 08-Aug-14 21:21:09

You need a ramekin intervention.

Trills Fri 08-Aug-14 21:23:38

Damn, looks like the ramekin intervention was in Chat and so disappeared.

ICanSeeTheShardFromHere Fri 08-Aug-14 21:23:47

Infuriatingly his ramekin stash came in really handy recently during a DIY job. So now he feels justified in collecting even more we've just eaten two chocolate cheesecakes and are about to have a stand off .

londonrach Fri 08-Aug-14 21:25:49

No I need the ramekins. Do you know how useful they are (dh is doing up a car and there are ramekins full of oil, paint, nuts etc everywhere. If no ramekin he be after my typerware. Hate the puddings though as taste too sweet. By £10 meal means we get them very occasionally as treat.

dobedobedo Fri 08-Aug-14 21:27:26

I found a great use for Gu ramekins. I used them to collect my pee! blush

Well I couldn't really aim into the little sample bottles when I was pregnant with a giant bump, could I?

It's a great way to get rid of a few. grin

londonrach Fri 08-Aug-14 21:30:47

Bought these just cause they looked cute and where half price as new in waitrose. The puddings were awful. Dh is banned from these ones but he keeps eyeing them up as almost out of glass ones...

Thehoardernextdoor Fri 08-Aug-14 21:30:58

More romantically you could put night lights in them?

CelticPromise Fri 08-Aug-14 21:31:02

I collected a bunch to put tea lights in at my wedding, but of course come the evening I forgot to put them out. So I freecycled them and they were collected by a teacher to do glass painting with her class.

Freecycle is your friend.

Catswiththumbs Fri 08-Aug-14 21:31:12

Gu are reduced in tesco at the moment.

I never buy them at full price!

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Fri 08-Aug-14 21:44:44

Damn you! I had no idea the Gu desserts came in ramekins. I used to buy lovely local cheesecakes in little glass dishes, but then they put them in horrible plastic tubs which ruined the experience. Because I use them all the time (perfect for of lemon posset) most of my lovely ramekins have been chipped or broken at this stage. Now I'm going to have to go eat lots of Gu.

CarmineRose1978 Fri 08-Aug-14 21:52:08

Ooo, we have some of those, londonrach! We didn't rate the puddings but the pots are cute.

combust22 Fri 08-Aug-14 21:52:28

Give them to freecycle or a local craft upcycling project. They will be delighted.

LangenFlugelHappleHoff Fri 08-Aug-14 21:56:14

I give them away every party with a naice little home made pud in...happy me, empty cupboard, happy guests. Snorted

Woodenheart Fri 08-Aug-14 21:58:41

Make a garden path with them

ConcreteElephant Fri 08-Aug-14 21:58:44

Haha, DH has just passed me a Gu cheesecake!

OP, do you want me to send you the ramekin, in case one of yours breaks?

bayrans Fri 08-Aug-14 22:05:03

I used them as weaning pots blush

Also given some away, used some for tea lights, use one for shaping rice when I make a Thai curry.... Loads of uses but we can't help but add to our collection.

Pipbin Fri 08-Aug-14 22:07:50

Over on the Elderberry Pavlova thread (a thread for women over 30 TTCing number 1), we use them for peeing in for dipping OV sticks.

You could use them as small animal food dishes (but not for guinea-pigs. They'd look judgily at them and get out a magnifying glass)

ICanSeeTheShardFromHere Fri 08-Aug-14 22:35:38

Ha! Some excellent suggestions here.

I'm not pregnant or TTC but I might pee in them all anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now