to be so upset, my baby ( well nearly two) is upstairs crying and I am down stairs to sleep train her

(76 Posts)
SweetSummerSweetPea Wed 06-Aug-14 03:06:52

Its heartbreaking, she is up there crying her little heart out with dh....and I am sleeping downstairs....we have not been parted since the day she was born and am still BF her, but she is waking up twice a night so said - no more...lets try and sleep train her....poor little lamb....

puntasticusername Fri 08-Aug-14 13:49:15

Nice one! Well done OP.

Bakeoffcakes Thu 07-Aug-14 22:15:08

Great news! Hope you are all fast asleep very soon.

Thebodyloveschocolateandwine Thu 07-Aug-14 22:07:58

Bloody brilliant op. Well done. smile

maddening Thu 07-Aug-14 21:49:22

good news - if you venture back in wear a bra smile

SweetSummerSweetPea Thu 07-Aug-14 10:10:54

Update in case anyone is interested...

Last night she briefly woke up once.!

shock

I am gong to venture back into bedroom tonight and see what happens shock.

one night of a little bit of crying, second night she woke up then settled herself in seconds...

So Far so good.

SweetSummerSweetPea Wed 06-Aug-14 23:29:39

grin @the body

Thebodyloveschocolateandwine Wed 06-Aug-14 23:26:19

softly grin

Totally remember we drove ds1 to the seafront as he had howled most of the night in a holiday hotel in Teignmouth. We had a honeymoon couple above us and me and dh discussed drowning him! grin

I reason we put that couple off kids for life but oddly ds1 is now in the navy. ! Wierd.

Bakeoffshakeoff Wed 06-Aug-14 23:13:09

No Sweet. My dd is 20 now, they didn't have ceebies thengrin

You are doing the right thing though. I think it makes it much harder to stop BFing if the milk isright in front of them where they can smell it.

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Wed 06-Aug-14 23:09:57

I meant cry it out ! blush

SweetSummerSweetPea Wed 06-Aug-14 23:06:14

bake are you the poster who was out in car in middle of night? and watching ceebies?

HavanaSlife Wed 06-Aug-14 23:05:59

Well you obviously didn't as op has said her dh is settling her

Bakeoffshakeoff Wed 06-Aug-14 23:04:49

Sweet, I did exactly the same as you with my dd when I wanted to stop bf at night.

I slept in the spare room, DH slept with dd.

It worked very well and only took a couple of nights for her to stop asking for milk. Hope to ight goes well.

DiscoDancer Wed 06-Aug-14 23:00:18

Marking place. Ds is 16 months and would like to stop bf and stop him waking in night and to stop co sleeping.....soon! confusedblushsmile

Thebodyloveschocolateandwine Wed 06-Aug-14 23:00:12

Sweet don't get mumsnet mixed up chik.

You are doing the best you can for your family.

It doesn't have to have a label. It's just family life.

Watch out for that belly piercing though, girls are tricky and clever. She's probably lining you up now and planning! grin

SweetSummerSweetPea Wed 06-Aug-14 22:56:21

I am so tired I am confused myself, we are not doing cc we are sleep training.

SweetSummerSweetPea Wed 06-Aug-14 22:54:31

If my OH was not settling my child then I would intervene. CC or not

your reading stuff in here thats not going on.

he is settling her, and she settled really well - we were anticipating being up all night and stuff.

But before he settles her, she wakes up, wheres mummy, hey cry cry shes not here....cry cry....daddy settles her.

she wakes up again, trys to room in on dad, gets a shock....cant quite see, climbs on him to see his face, then lets out a blood curdling cry, daddy wakes up and settles her.

SweetSummerSweetPea Wed 06-Aug-14 22:51:48

before you know where you are your dd will be arguing the case for a belly button piercing and overnight party because everyone else is* grin

combust22 Wed 06-Aug-14 22:34:19

He wouldn't really want to settle them, and be mightily glad I took over!!

Thebodyloveschocolateandwine Wed 06-Aug-14 22:33:47

softly you did go cc. That's what it involves! Unfortunately on mumsnet it's been twisted. Do you think all us older mums let our children scream all night? Of course not.

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Wed 06-Aug-14 22:31:55

combust how would your dh learn to settle your dc if your were undermining him?

Thebodyloveschocolateandwine Wed 06-Aug-14 22:30:54

Op you are doing a great job.

It's quite ridiculous have been criticised by anyone.

It also makes me smile about the cc debate. I did cc but it does not involve leaving your child to cry for hours alone!!! That's utter ignorant crap! Of course you go in and settle/touch them but just do it quickly and quietly.

Anyhoo any normal adult needs sleep to be a good parent and a safe functioning human being.

Never mind op, before you know where you are your dd will be arguing the case for a belly button piercing and overnight party because everyone else is

grin

HappyTalking Wed 06-Aug-14 22:26:36

Good luck for tonight, hope she settles ok and you all manage to get some sleep

combust22 Wed 06-Aug-14 22:25:47

havana- yes I did read the posts. If my OH was not settling my child then I would intervene. CC or not.

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Wed 06-Aug-14 22:22:05

what's there to feel guilty about - she's still being settled to sleep by a loving parent?!?

^^ this.

op I did it with my dd2 (dd1) slept through very easy with no effort.
She was around 9 months though. I sat at the top of the stairs with a book and went in every few mins and lay her back down and a few kind words Sounds like your doing a grand job.

CC was not for me.

HavanaSlife Wed 06-Aug-14 22:19:31

You didn't read the ops post though combust did you, op is not doing cc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now