To wonder if I'm the only person whom is still eating

(30 Posts)
ICanSeeTheSun Fri 01-Aug-14 02:13:29

Christmas chocolates.

Just opened my last tub from Christmas and only had 3 to begin with.

steff13 Fri 01-Aug-14 02:16:20

We didn't really have any Christmas chocolates, just my MIL's peanut brittle, and that rarely makes it all the way home. It's a 45-minute drive. wink

One of my kids still has some of his Halloween candy, though. I have some leftovers from filling the Easter baskets socked away for chocolate emergencies.

ICanSeeTheSun Fri 01-Aug-14 02:22:05

Not even made a dent in Easter choclate.

MorphineDreams Fri 01-Aug-14 03:08:43

Mine were gone long long long long long long long....

....long ago

Floop Fri 01-Aug-14 03:11:46

Buy two next year?

ICanSeeTheSun Fri 01-Aug-14 11:19:42

Floop i don't even buy them, they are all gifts

WorraLiberty Fri 01-Aug-14 11:22:58

I threw a tin of Xmas choccies out a couple of weeks back, since DH decided to store them in the cupboard, next to the cooker hmm

BackforGood Fri 01-Aug-14 11:33:36

That is a bit strange.
I think if you eat so little, and get so many, it would make more sense to regift / donate to raffles or something.

RoseberryTopping Fri 01-Aug-14 11:34:10

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

How on earth have you managed to keep them that long? Mine were gone on the 23rd December!

MaidOfStars Fri 01-Aug-14 11:35:29

Who.

Maybe. Mine are long gone.

Dolallytats Fri 01-Aug-14 11:41:53

Wow. Ours rarely make it past Boxing Day <greedy>

SinglePringle Fri 01-Aug-14 12:17:49

I still have 4 unopened boxes from Christmas.

I have no idea why people but it for me - they know I don't like chocolate. They'll get regifted.

We still have a tin of sweets but the chocolate is long gone.

trixymalixy Fri 01-Aug-14 12:38:06

I put a couple of boxes in the bin recently as they had gone out of date. Next year I'm taking them straight to work after Xmas as they just don't get eaten here.

Itsjustmeagain Fri 01-Aug-14 13:19:47

My MIL brought us round a tin of quality street she had left from Christmas. They lasted about a day once they got to our house grin.

Altinkum Fri 01-Aug-14 13:27:29

nope not the only one, we still have celebrations, mars selection, and selection boxes, and also easter eggs from last year, never mention this year.

only dh eats chocolate in this house, the rest of don't like it/allergies.

FunkyBoldRibena Fri 01-Aug-14 13:28:58

I've managed to stop people buying them for us. Does my nut in.

Idontseeanyicegiants Fri 01-Aug-14 13:29:38

We have a general tub of the chocolates that nobody likes so it's basically mini snickers and bounty grin the rest were gone by new year!
I should bin them really.

TheLovelyBoots Fri 01-Aug-14 13:31:10

I just cleared out my dining room breakfront an dropped off 7 or 8 sealed boxes of chocolate at my local soup kitchen (all gifts). I really don't understand the chocolate thing. I'm not against chocolate, but I don't understand its rabid following.

roundtable Fri 01-Aug-14 14:12:17

Yes I've still got some and loads of easter eggs. I've just been given a load for end of term which I'll dish out to various people.

Does anyone else find if they eat too much sweet stuff like chocolate, they get a sort of burning sensation in their throat apart from feeling sick?

Maybe it's because I ate so many maltesers when pregnant and bf as I had a hankering for them.

Savoury food on the other hand...

CouldntGiveAMonkeysToss Fri 01-Aug-14 15:47:39

shock shock shock
Even the crap chocolate is gone by the end of January here! We don't get a ridiculous amount though. If there's chocolate in the house I will scoff it.
I also get the horrible burny feeling after eating too much sugar doesn't stop me though

ElizabethLemon Fri 01-Aug-14 16:04:04

We still have a box of toffee from 2 Christmases ago. <smug>

ArgyMargy Fri 01-Aug-14 16:07:02

No, but you're definitely the only person using "whom" in that bizarre way.

beccajoh Fri 01-Aug-14 16:08:38

We've still got some kicking around. Easter choc still sitting in the cupboard too!

beccajoh Fri 01-Aug-14 16:09:59

It was all gifts rather than stuff we've bought. I don't have a sweet tooth at all and DH is dairy intolerant so can't eat it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now