Birthday cards.

(31 Posts)
Bruins Thu 31-Jul-14 19:48:54

What is the point of posting a card on the actual birthday, to get there the day after, containing the hand written message "Have a really good day"?

AIBU to put said card into the recycling immediately?

Pyjamaramadrama Thu 31-Jul-14 19:51:00

They forgot to post it/got the dates mixed up?

They still thought about the birthday, put the card up, I keep birthday cards up for a week.

AnythingNotEverything Thu 31-Jul-14 19:52:04

You sound really ungrateful.

Pinkrose1 Thu 31-Jul-14 19:52:40

Bit harsh! They did at least remember and at least it wasn't an e card! Fwiw all my cards arrive about a week late I am total crap with cards

CrohnicallyDepressed Thu 31-Jul-14 19:54:18

Maybe they posted it the day before but the postbox wasn't emptied till the day of the birthday? Some postboxes, especially in rural locations, only have a morning collection and they might not have realised.

But yeah, be grateful you got a card. I can count on one hand my last birthday's cards- and those were from people close enough to give them in person. Don't think I got even one in the post.

Bunbaker Thu 31-Jul-14 19:54:42

"AIBU to put said card into the recycling immediately?"

Very, and ungrateful and not very nice. At least they remembered your birthday even if they got the date wrong by one day.

We keep cards up for a week here as well.

Amy106 Thu 31-Jul-14 19:55:18

A birthday card in the mail would be a very welcome here, even if it was a day late.

callamia Thu 31-Jul-14 19:55:56

Bloody hell. You're a tough friend.

If it was me who sent the late card, could you let me know and I'll never post one again.

Sheesh! I have friends who send cards MONTHS after the event. I love it, unexpected, and usually livens up a dull after work evening. I also appreciate them more as they're not vying for attention with the other five hundred I receive on the day!

CoffeeTea103 Thu 31-Jul-14 20:17:07

You're so ungrateful and don't deserve cards.

HaroldLloyd Thu 31-Jul-14 20:20:53

God what an awful friend. I would rip it into a million tiny pieces and post it right back.

Bowlersarm Thu 31-Jul-14 20:23:20

Oh don't be so mean, OP.

Frontier Thu 31-Jul-14 20:24:49

Yes, do. tell her you've done it as well, I guarantee you'll never have the same problem again.

mustbetimeforacreamtea Thu 31-Jul-14 20:26:28

That is really harsh OP. Someone has put the time, effort and cost into sending you a card and this is your response? Would you prefer that they had just put a post on FB? I know which one would mean more to me.

NatashaBee Thu 31-Jul-14 20:32:46

Unless there's a backstory, I think you're being ungrateful.

Only1scoop Thu 31-Jul-14 20:34:20

If it was from me ....sorry....I missed the post....hope it was a good one wink

Itsfab Thu 31-Jul-14 20:38:25

Maybe it was written well before the day and then they just forgot to post it in time hmm.

EarthWindFire Thu 31-Jul-14 20:38:48

How ungreatful can you get shock

GiveTwoSheets Thu 31-Jul-14 20:44:29

Yes you would be.

I've posted birthday card 1st class mid week and its taken 3days before.

Delphiniumsblue Thu 31-Jul-14 22:33:52

Gosh, you don't give people much leeway! Are you generally such hard work as a friend?

Pipbin Thu 31-Jul-14 23:10:30

With that attitude I'm amazed anyone remembers your birthday.

BackforGood Thu 31-Jul-14 23:16:59

Of course YABU.
It's nice someone remembered, even if it didn't quite get there on time.
All sorts of reasons why it might not have, but still nice to get it.

LAlady Fri 01-Aug-14 07:34:54

I posted a card to my friend's son (they live about 4 miles away) first class on a Thursday lunchtime. It arrived Monday morning.

littlewhitebag Fri 01-Aug-14 08:09:53

Do people really get worked up about this sort of thing? Why? The friend has bought a card, written it and posted it. There could be many reasons why it arrived a little late. What more do you want?

magpiegin Fri 01-Aug-14 09:12:57

Bloody hell. At least they sent you a card. You're being very high maintintence!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now