Fed up with Facebook?

(17 Posts)
Smilesandpiles Wed 30-Jul-14 16:56:19

Are you fed up with Facebook?
Are you fed upw ith seeing benefit bashing statues?
Fed with with hot dog legs and other people's sunny holidays?
Fed up with seeing what your "friends" are having for their dinner?
Fed up with attention seeking statuses? Really hun, RU OK? U sure? PM me?

Are sick to death of seeing pictures that declare if you don't "like" it then you are a supporter of cancer/terrorists/wars/ebola virus/alien invation/your next door neighbours dead cat starting the zombie invasion?
Are you fed up with reading about Zombie Invasions?

Then may I introduce you all to this .....The delete button

Start you new stress free life today! Just follow the instructions after clicking on the link provided and all will well in your life!

You will be happier, calmer and less stressed and you will LIKE your friends again - you know the ones, the friends you actually SEE in REAL LIFE! You will be able to visit A REAL FARM and if you act now, FEED the animals in real life and touch them! You will find yourself with more hours in the day where you can actually TALK to your children (ok, this isn't such a good insentive), TALK to your friends, study and work and DO THINGS. You will be able to see things in real life that do not involve seeing them through a screen or a picture that someone else has taken, photoshopped so they look perfect or that freeze just before the good bit.

ACT NOW, before its too late! Click on the link here and CHANGE YOUR WORLD TODAY!

DrunkenWhore Wed 30-Jul-14 17:01:42

grin

soverylucky Wed 30-Jul-14 17:03:45

I sort of want to press 'like'.

CoffeeTea103 Wed 30-Jul-14 17:04:13

How can I LIKE this link op? grin

Smilesandpiles Wed 30-Jul-14 17:04:29

grin Bastards.

FrankSaysNo Wed 30-Jul-14 17:07:10

there are far more idiotic opinions on MN than on FB - ah yes, I select my friends carefully on FB, but anyone is visible on MN

Smilesandpiles Wed 30-Jul-14 17:07:39

Go back to FB then.

Smilesandpiles Wed 30-Jul-14 17:10:05

The op wasn't intended for posters like you anyone. It's more taking the piss out of the ones who moan about FB but refuse to delete it or blocks people on it that piss them off. You clearly, already have the sense to do that.

Smilesandpiles Wed 30-Jul-14 17:10:35

anyway* not anyone. just ad d it to the long list of spelling mistake and missing words in the OP.

FrankSaysNo Wed 30-Jul-14 17:11:15

open forum et al

EatShitDerek Wed 30-Jul-14 17:12:54

grin

No! FB is compulsory dont you know?! And people should ask me my opinion on what they want to post as its my timeline!

Oh, I should have come over here before posting in AIBU about today's fb grievance of mine....ooops!

BalloonSlayer Wed 30-Jul-14 17:23:40

I posted the other day and was given advice as to how to "unfollow" people!

Fab-u-lous!

Since then I have been mercifully free of:

"Look at us all enjoying ourselves as a party you were not invited to"
"Isn't my child cute?"
"Why do people always let me down?" (that one made me panic as I was supposed to be seeing the person in question, then I remembered it was SHE who had not got back to ME)
"Admire this picture. Go on. ADMIRE it."
"My children are so amazing"

etc

'tis great.

Smilesandpiles Wed 30-Jul-14 17:25:58

Now imagine what it would be like if you got rid of FB altogether! grin

TeeManyMartoonis Wed 30-Jul-14 17:27:47

I have decided to delete Facebook but I don't want to lose my photos - how can I save them on to my PC?

melika Wed 30-Jul-14 17:29:13

It's good to have a nose around, but can't believe the moaning on it!

Smilesandpiles Wed 30-Jul-14 17:31:40

That's actually on the link.

You can either click on each photo and "save to computer" after you've right clicked on them or follow the instructions the FB give you.

I'd personally do the click on each photo thing as you've got them all then and won't risk of getting it wrong.

Right click on photo, select save image as, then do what your computer tells you to. It's a pain but worth it to know you have everything there and then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now