To consign all childhood crushes to the past

(5 Posts)
tweetypot Wed 30-Jul-14 16:16:08

I am so disappointed in my 13 year old self sad what was I thinking?

At the weekend, I randomly bumped into the guy I had a HUGE, somewhat unrequited crush on at 13. I'm talking full-on adolescent obsession. Wrote diaries about the guy, stalked his house and telephone directory, took on a whole new sport to be with him, broke my 9pm curfew (!) eating ice-pops with him in the park, the lot.

I moved away a few months later and he always remained a happy, crazy, slightly wistful memory. I certainly still held him in high esteem in my memory until the weekend.

He has turned into a complete plonker incapable of a coherent conversation shock he even kissed my hand when I was about to leave. Seriously, he was like something out of Blackadder. My friend, who also knew him back in the day, said that he'd always had that manner about him sad

In future, when I bump into any of my old crushes, should I run in the other direction? I don't want to ruin any more what-ifs! Anyone able to say YABU and actually had a reunion that has turned out successfully? grin

EatShitDerek Wed 30-Jul-14 16:17:36

grin

I'm still in touch with my primary school boyfriend if that counts grin

tweetypot Wed 30-Jul-14 16:20:09

Oh I am too. I think I must have had completely different tastes back then.

SiennaBlake Wed 30-Jul-14 16:20:48

Yanbu! I met up with one of my childhood crushes and we had a shortish relationship. After all that teenage daydreaming, he was awful. A manipulative, stalkery twat. And he wasn't very good at the rumpy pumpy.

What a let down!

sezamcgregor Wed 30-Jul-14 16:24:55

I've been flirting with mine for a few months now as he goes past me in his car - gorgeous man, very manly tattoos (it's never going to happen!) and then saw him in the street and realised that it's a guy that I had a crush on for 5 years at school!

He's engaged though so definitely never ever going to happen - I walk by and blush when I see him now blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now