to wish that my cervix would make up its mind already?

(14 Posts)
Poycastle Wed 30-Jul-14 13:28:44

Am 34+ 2 pregnant with boy/girl twins, I was admitted to hospital with bleeding and contractions yesterday morning.

They got worse as the day went on and was drugged up with pethidine in the night but the issue is I am not at all dilated!

So we just have to wait to see if they will do a c section (babies breech and transverse) if I do dilate or if not I have to just wait it out. Apparently special care beds are limited which they would need as although 34 is ok for twins it is still a bit early.

I was stuck flat to the monitor all night which seemed to slow things down everywhere else although the contractions are very powerful. And the bleeding continues.

Anyone else had this problem? Posted here for traffic and a moan!

MagicMojito Wed 30-Jul-14 13:37:30

No advice sorry, but flowers for you.

Poycastle Wed 30-Jul-14 13:41:50

Thank you very much, I appreciate it smile
Am trying to walk around now to see if it will help.

IceBeing Wed 30-Jul-14 13:51:02

The cervix is one of the most stupid prevaricating procrastinating and all round generally annoying pieces of anatomy it has ever been my misfortune to have to interact with.

Send yours over here and I will give it a stern talking to!

MagicMojito Wed 30-Jul-14 14:00:09

Your welcome smile

Have you tried bouncing on one of those giant balls? I was hooked onto monitor a lot but would have little breaks away from it and told to bounce to help lower cervix.
Just a thought...

MagicMojito Wed 30-Jul-14 14:02:29

icebeing grin harsh words indeed.

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Wed 30-Jul-14 14:03:14

Totally YANBU. I had this long early labour rubbish. It sucks!

If you're going to try and encourage a natural birth then apparently rocking on all fours helped.

I found using the ball to rock really comfortable and a fast birth but not sure if it was related or not.

InThisTogether Wed 30-Jul-14 14:44:07

awww bless you OP, I have no experience of this but I feel bad for you. Fingers (legs!) crossed you and your lovely pair are ok xx

IceBeing Wed 30-Jul-14 15:23:44

I think at little of my cervix rage may have seeped out there....

Poycastle Wed 30-Jul-14 16:44:03

Thanks so much for the tip, they let me have a ball and it is great!
Now waiting for midwife, I had better be at least 2 cm!

Ronmione Wed 30-Jul-14 17:04:25

No experience of twins, but I had contractions with no dialation, walking up stairs did it for me. ( don't go down because of balance issues)

Poycastle Thu 31-Jul-14 03:07:45

Thanks for all the support!
I did it - just as it was unbearable they called me for c section at 3 cm dilated.
I am going up to see them in the neonatal care unit in a minute.

stillenacht1 Thu 31-Jul-14 03:12:19

Good luck Poycastlesmilesmilesmile

stillenacht1 Thu 31-Jul-14 03:13:05

Ooo silly me!! Congratulations!!!!!!!smilesmilesmilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now