to consider calling a company for their driver's atrocious driving?

(40 Posts)
AugustaProdworthy Wed 30-Jul-14 12:15:26

Has anyone ever done this? Is it worth it?
I've just been flashed at, bibbed at, tailgated and then I suspect I was sworn at ( but I didn't look up as he gawped out of his window as he undertook me on the dual carriageway)
I honestly didn't do anything more than pull out to overtake, safely and with consideration.
I don't know why it is bothering me but is it actually worth calling the company to tell them about their driver?
( I suspect it's not but wondered if anyone has ever done this and not been laughed at)

MaxPepsi Wed 30-Jul-14 12:26:16

Really really crap and/or dangerous driving by taxis or company vehicles always get reported by me.

This week alone I have complained about a taxi going far to fast in a 20mph zone. I also complained about a Domino's delivery guy who nearly caused an accident on a busy roundabout.

All have been taken seriously.

MissPenelopeLumawoo Wed 30-Jul-14 12:32:41

I complained once about a similar incident. It was taken seriously by the company, who apologised profusely and were really embarrassed by their driver's behaviour. If you don't report it chances are they will do it again to someone else.

Teddybeau1988 Wed 30-Jul-14 12:36:46

I've complained about an Iceland drivers cr@p driving. They took it really seriously and thanked me for informing them. I saw him hit a parked car, get out and check his van, then quickly drive off. I also left a note on the other car that fad a huge dent. . It doesn't reflect well on their company.

JenniferJo Wed 30-Jul-14 12:38:19

Report. I've always had a positive response when I have.

Gudgyx Wed 30-Jul-14 12:40:38

Yeah its worth calling the company. I've had to sit in on a disciplinary before where someone has called in about one of the engineers driving, it does get taken seriously.

NewtRipley Wed 30-Jul-14 12:40:46

Do it. Did they have a Call This Number on the back of the van?

Regardless, I'd still call. I feel strongly about dangerous driving

MrsPresley Wed 30-Jul-14 12:41:39

I reported a van that was parked on the pavement, driver and passenger door wide open, (driver and work mate both sat inside).

Not only were they completely blocking the pavement but it was also difficult to see round the van when trying to cross the road!

I phoned the company, gave them the registration number and the van was moved within minutes!

LL12 Wed 30-Jul-14 12:41:54

Were you trying to overtake him?

NewtRipley Wed 30-Jul-14 12:42:28

Was it a big company? I wonder if chances of being taken seriously are greater if it is?

I once complained to the police about one of their civilian drivers talking on a mobile and I got a call from the Chief Inspector

AugustaProdworthy Wed 30-Jul-14 12:48:33

I've googled the company, based in Manchester and fairly big but it didn't have a 'how am I driving?' Sticker on the back.
I've had a cup of tea and calmed down now.
I guess he was just in a rush to get home.

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Wed 30-Jul-14 12:51:26

I did once with a ups driver. He almost hit me and DD when she was tiny and in the pram. I was so angry. I felt a bit guilty about it afterwards though as person I spoke to said he'd be disciplined.

Even if he was in a rush, that's no excuse for bad driving. Report him. I would. (And have before) thanks. Glad you feel better.

Chopchopbusybusy Wed 30-Jul-14 12:52:45

I complained about an asda home delivery driver who was driving aggressively and dangerously. They seemed to take it seriously but who knows.

ChazzerChaser Wed 30-Jul-14 12:57:12

It's also worth telling them as if the driver feels they're being put under too much pressure with making deliveries in an unrealistic timescale, for example, they can then open a dialogue about it

ramrod757 Wed 30-Jul-14 14:11:36

Theoretically if there's space for someone to pass you on the left then you're in the wrong lane. Very difficult to comment properly without being there though.

NewtRipley Wed 30-Jul-14 14:24:30

ramrod

Another driver doesn't get to behave aggressively, even if you are in the wrong lane.

Happens all the time to me - I just wait patiently (possibly muttering to myself)

HarrietSchulenberg Wed 30-Jul-14 14:26:46

Wish I'd called the Huddersfield carpet company whose driver nearly hit me while he was pulling out to overtake on the M56 yesterday. It crossed my mind but by the time I got home I couldn't remember the name of the company.

I did once ring the Oxford Shuttlebus when their driver tried to force then DP into some roadworks on the M42. They couldn't have been less interested, even though I rang from my mobile while the bus was still in front of us, full of passengers and speeding through the roadworks.

CoffeeTea103 Wed 30-Jul-14 14:34:12

Based on his horrible and dangerous behaviour you should report him.

Letthemtalk Wed 30-Jul-14 14:34:20

I'm confused too, how did he manage to undertake you if you were overtaking? Wasn't there another car in his way?

SistersOfPercy Wed 30-Jul-14 14:34:51

I have a dash cam. If something similar happened I wouldn't hesitate to send the footage to the company.

NewtRipley Wed 30-Jul-14 14:36:12

Sisters

I am thinking of getting one of those. Oh the Power!

NewtRipley Wed 30-Jul-14 14:36:30

Can I ask what one/how much?

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 30-Jul-14 14:51:49

I complained to the local police force when one of their camera vans cut me up on a roundabout and nearly drove into the side of my car. They couldn't have been less interested if they'd tried. Wankers.

NotNewButNameChanged Wed 30-Jul-14 14:56:14

The one time I felt obliged to do this was a mobile advertising board for Domino's pizza. I contacted Domino's but never heard back from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now