In thinking Mother and Baby car parking spots....

(402 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Mon 28-Jul-14 12:52:49

....are actually for parents with babies/toddlers?

It was always my understanding that the wide spaces are for parents who have car seats and pushchairs to contend with, not for parents of 10 year olds who just want to park nearer to the shop, like a family that I saw today?!

I'm only moaning because I've just twisted and scraped my back trying to remove my car seat from my half closed back door door, in a very tight parking space whilst trying not to scratch the car I'm parked next to.

I was secretly fuming at those in the Mother and Baby spaces who surely shouldn't have been there, like the one I mentioned above.

And breathe smile

I haven't read the thread ( I don't use P&C spaces now) but I do know from experience the "Park well away , make sure there's a space beside you" just doesn't work.
The number of times I have parked in a completely empty area and found a car parked so close (either behind or beside) that I can't get my door or boot open angry
And yes people say "Park with your boot at the outside"
Well, I like to drive out not reverse out. I have trouble with my nexk and back.
A car shouldn't park into my space (especially if I've left 18" clear space behind me ) so their car stops by boot opening.

A couple of days ago, I parked well away from the door, there were 20+ spaces. A van was squeezed right beside me.
I said out loud "You haven't left me much room" (didn't realise the driver was there, but at least I didn't swear)
"You've got loads of room" he said and walked off.

But ( I disagree, I didn't have loads ) he didn't know who I was or what difficulties I might have. I deliberately parked well back, he didn't need to park next to me.

If he didn't have DC with him and I didn't have my DD, I would've yelled "Well you don't fucking know that do you? I might have a dodgy hip or need my door right open. I might've been 8 months pg"

I was so tempted to whack my door into his van, I was angry

LabradorMama Fri 01-Aug-14 11:06:05

An excellent idea pipbin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now