To share this.

(25 Posts)
ICanSeeTheSun Sun 27-Jul-14 21:30:34

I know it's not aibu.

DS aged 8 years old ( no typos) has never slept through unless he is unwell. Well for 4 nights now he has slept from 10pm till 6:30ish and just checked on him and he is fast asleep < hopes I have not cursed myself now>

BikeRunSki Sun 27-Jul-14 21:32:08

Yey!
Only another 6 years to go for dd then hmm

Oh dear I thought I had bad sleepers but they simply can't compete! Fingers crossed this lasts

bananananacoconuts Sun 27-Jul-14 21:34:39

My ds is 8 next month. Am hoping for something similar to happen here. His 5 yo sister sleeps 13 hours religiously, i am lucky if he has 6 broken hours.

Well done to you and your ds. Long may it last

Teddybeau1988 Sun 27-Jul-14 21:37:34

Fab, there could still be hope that my 5yr old DD can manage it one day too then!

Although I can thank her for making all the newborn night feeds seem a breeze since having my 4month old DS. Sleeping uninterrupted all night seems such a distant memory.

ICanSeeTheSun Sun 27-Jul-14 21:37:44

Banana I also have a 5 year old smile I really hope it last I am hoping to get rid of these suitcases under my eyes

WorraLiberty Sun 27-Jul-14 21:38:42

Brilliant news OP

Hopefully things will only get better as the nights start to draw in thanks

coffeetofunction Sun 27-Jul-14 21:49:07

Glass of wine to celebrate & an early night...

Enjoy the sleep

ICanSeeTheSun Sun 27-Jul-14 22:33:07

No wine ATM, roll on when I'm off medication.

It weird having the evening to myself.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 27-Jul-14 22:49:00

Jeeeeeesusssss confused

You must be so pleased.

ICanSeeTheSun Mon 28-Jul-14 11:11:09

well DS slept in till 7am. I feel human.

MrsWinnibago Mon 28-Jul-14 11:12:38

Hooray for DS! Hooray for your future of unbroken sleep!

wigglesrock Mon 28-Jul-14 11:14:31

Am so pleased, I have a 3.5 year old. She has been sleeping through solidly for the past 2 weeks. I know 3.5 years isn't a patch on 8 but her older sister was the same. So in the past 2 weeks I've had the most consistent sleep I've had in 7 years smile. I don't know myself!

Goldmandra Mon 28-Jul-14 11:24:13

It's a lovely feeling, isn't it, Ican?

I had broken sleep constantly for 12 years until both my DDs were on prescribed medication to help. I was reluctant to allow DD2 to start at the tender age of 9 but she was getting four hours a night at best and the paed was worried about the effect on her health.

I now get from midnight until 7.00am fairly consistently and it is the most wonderful feeling grin

Nothing beats being able to go to bed and relax in the knowledge that you're unlikely to be woken for several hours. It makes tackling every other aspect of life easier.

The fact that it's better for them to have decent sleep is a great bonus smile

Goldmandra Mon 28-Jul-14 11:26:18

Not 12 years. 15 years!

Sleep deprivation has clearly left me unable to add up!

ICanSeeTheSun Mon 28-Jul-14 11:33:52

OMG and i though 8 years was bad enough. But as you know you kind of get use to it.

RubberBulletKisses Mon 28-Jul-14 11:58:54

That's amazing! Hope it continues smile

Might show DM this thread, she's convinced that every other child was sleeping through by 6 months and my DS is strange for still waking once or twice a night at 1 year...

mawbroon Mon 28-Jul-14 12:35:34

DS1 was a terrible sleeper, not sleeping through the night regularly until he was 5yo ish.

Although he started sleeping through, he was very unsettled, snoring, mouth breathing and tossing and turning.

I later learned he had a tongue tie and high palate which were affecting his breathing at night which was the underlying cause of his sleep (and other) problems.

He had his tie revised and orthodontic treatment to expand his palate and now he sleeps soundly every night.

Here's hoping you get some sleep OP. Sleep deprivation is the pits sad

ICanSeeTheSun Mon 28-Jul-14 22:25:51

Kn

ICanSeeTheSun Mon 28-Jul-14 22:27:24

Knew I shouldn't have posted, that will teach me for being smug. DS is at an end of an episode and wide awake.

Oh well it was a nice couple of days sleep back to the match sticks and caffine

ICanSeeTheSun Tue 29-Jul-14 00:58:00

He is still awake, i could cry

SqueakySqueak Tue 29-Jul-14 01:09:07

8? Oh dear. I'm in for the long haul with baby DD aren't I?

Happy36 Tue 29-Jul-14 01:13:52

Well done!

SqueakySqueak Tue 29-Jul-14 01:35:05

This is probably a naive question, but can't you just make him stay in his room and be quiet until 7:00am or whenever it is when he gets up? My rule was always to stay in my room until morning, and I still don't sleep through the night.

ICanSeeTheSun Thu 31-Jul-14 00:42:40

I have, but due to him being asd it's impossible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now