To feel sorry for some of the children on Child Genius?

(136 Posts)
Laymizzrarb Sun 27-Jul-14 21:25:53

I felt so sorry for Aaliyah when she made a mistake. She looked totally crestfallen. And the mother wasn't helping, telling the cameras her child had made a 'stupid mistake' . She's a little girl for goodness sake.

MrsHoolie Sun 27-Jul-14 21:26:30

Her mother is terrifying.
I find it quite upsetting to watch.

Pud2 Sun 27-Jul-14 21:27:17

Her mother is a complete nutcase!

Pud2 Sun 27-Jul-14 21:28:04

In fact, it verges on abuse. The child's basic emotional needs are not being met.

DefiniteMaybe Sun 27-Jul-14 21:28:21

I don't understand why they are putting so much pressure on their children.
I'd be happy enough for ds just to remember what I said to him 5 minutes ago never mind remember the order of a deck of cards.

Laymizzrarb Sun 27-Jul-14 21:28:55

And when the little boy playing the piano said he was scared. I wanted to give him a hug.

jonicomelately Sun 27-Jul-14 21:30:19

Aaliyah's mother reacted as if she's been ago when her daughter got an answe wrong
sad

Teddybeau1988 Sun 27-Jul-14 21:30:26

I clapped when the red headed girl got so many right.

Would never put my own DC through it though, even if they were bright enough

RitzyTurnip Sun 27-Jul-14 21:30:58

Poor kids.

Eleanor's mum is the only one I've seen saying that she's worried her child is putting too much pressure on theirself.

Laymizzrarb Sun 27-Jul-14 21:31:00

And the mother who had the child eating breakfast in the back of the car, whilst memorising cards. I'm suprised she didn't have him pedalling as well..

Cornflakesnmilk Sun 27-Jul-14 21:37:51

Sharon seems like a lovely girl.

ZylaB Sun 27-Jul-14 21:40:07

Poor Tudor. I want to hurt his father...

RitzyTurnip Sun 27-Jul-14 21:41:15

I feel so sad for Tudor. Poor little boy.

Laymizzrarb Sun 27-Jul-14 21:42:00

Tudor was very hard on himself. Just wish someone would tell him that he had made an effort and that's what was important.

HalfPintPickle Sun 27-Jul-14 21:43:03

Poor kids, so much pressure and fear of disappointing the parents and themselves at a young age - it's terrible.

Weathergames Sun 27-Jul-14 21:44:50

Anyone who runs a family meeting and runs it like a business meeting deserves to be shot - would not want my child in therapy with those nutcases.

Eleanor family lovely - she seems on the ASD.

Cornflakesnmilk Sun 27-Jul-14 21:45:01

I really want to be able to watch this series in full but honestly, some of the parents make me so angry.

They've raised a child who is unable to see/feel that achieving such a high score in the card challenge is amazing - surely there is a level of abuse going on?

Fairylea Sun 27-Jul-14 21:45:07

Dh and I are finding it hard to watch. A lot of parents living through their children here. sad

Laymizzrarb Sun 27-Jul-14 21:48:19

I hope neither Tudor or his sister win it. Having your parents play you off against your sibling is disgraceful. And the mothers face looked like thunder. Cow.

I think Aaliyah's mother had a truely awful abusive childhood and she seems quite damaged to me. I think it's irresponsibility of channel 4 to allow her to participate in this programme. Although maybe watching it will show the mum (and stepdad) how unkind they are being and they will change (I can only hope)

BankWadger Sun 27-Jul-14 21:51:35

This is a few years old now. I'd be interested to see how these children cope as teenagers.

RumAppleGinger Sun 27-Jul-14 21:52:49

I actually want to strangle Tudor and is it Hazel's (?) parents. Awful, awful people.

Aaliyah's parents are ridiculous. Seriously they are therapists?!? Who on earth uses their professional services?

ilovechristmas1 Sun 27-Jul-14 21:53:13

i find this difficult to watc

i remember a similar programe years ago,as the children went into adulthood some did not fare well and only then did the true picture of what their lives were like came about

Pud2 Sun 27-Jul-14 21:54:46

How come its a few years old now? I thought it was a new series?

ilovechristmas1 Sun 27-Jul-14 21:54:56

and why the hell do some dress them so odd

the silver suit dosent even fit,and stands out a mile,or is that the purpose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now