Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Fat, fabulous and I don't fucking care what you think

(593 Posts)
TeamEdward Thu 24-Jul-14 18:27:09

AIBU to not give a flying fuck what other MNers think about my weight?
All these fat-hating threads are ridiculous. My size has nothing to do with the kind of person I am.

Allsosad Thu 24-Jul-14 18:29:14

It's all about confidence...and not giving a shit about what other people think !

OddFodd Thu 24-Jul-14 18:29:29

Go you smile

Allsosad Thu 24-Jul-14 18:29:43

Yanbu

Sounds like you give a fuck.

Don't go to the beach op!wink

Seriously, I'm with you. I've lost a significant amount of weight in the last few years, but nowhere near a healthy bmi yet and all these judgemental fuckers that don't want to sit next to me on an aeroplane and getting right on my tits.

I swear they are going to drive me to Pringles! angry

SomeSortOfDeliciousBiscuit Thu 24-Jul-14 19:25:25

I don't hate fat people. I don't hate thin people. I just hate people in general. grin

mommy2ash Thu 24-Jul-14 19:26:44

if you really didn't care you wouldn't start a thread about it. you shouldn't care about what strangers think but you should be as healthy as you can be for yourself and your family. the size of a person is nothing to do with their personality.

airplane seats are pretty small and I wouldn't want to sit next to someone who is using up my seat space. it would be very uncomfortable

That sounds like me, too, TeamEdward... except without the fabulous bit.

rinabean Thu 24-Jul-14 19:29:44

mommy2ash I agree which is why I think tall people should have their limbs removed. Being tall is proven to be unhealthy, and also what about the airplane seats of normal decent hardworking people? But everyone thinks I'm wrong for saying what we're all thinking. It's a tall crisis, people are so much taller now than they used to be, even kids, it's shocking. Someone's got to be brave enough to say enough is enough!!

Quangle Thu 24-Jul-14 19:38:22

It's short people I can't bear. With their VAT free children's clothes and their inability to reach items in DIY superstores...

Thankfully I have precisely the right dimensions.

ContentedLittleMummy Thu 24-Jul-14 19:40:15

I think if people want to eat or starve themselves into an early grave then good for them. I care not what people shove or don't shove into their mouths. I don't think as a nation we should pay for under and over weight people to live unhealthily. That said, I don't actually care if people want to be a size 20 or a size 4. More fool them.

Fairylea Thu 24-Jul-14 19:44:51

I am with you op.

GodDamnBatman Thu 24-Jul-14 19:45:38

rinabean But if you don't like your fat being taken away, you can always grow it back. You can't grow your limbs back. grin

Good for you OP. smile

I really can't fathom why people care what other people do with their health unless it's personally affecting them.

FidelineAndBombazine Thu 24-Jul-14 19:55:03

Good for you smile

Player67 Thu 24-Jul-14 19:57:02

I don't think it is fabulous to very fat or very thin

MrsJossNaylor Thu 24-Jul-14 19:57:38

If you really didn't care,you wouldn't care enough to have started this thread.
I don't give a fuck what size you are, but you clearly do.

FidelineAndBombazine Thu 24-Jul-14 19:58:08

She doesn't care what you think Player smile

SHE thinks she's fabulous

Viviennemary Thu 24-Jul-14 20:00:02

I don't know how overweight you are. But the point is being overweight can eventually lead to strain on joints and the risk of type two diabetes amongst other health problems. Just be aware of the risks and don't pull the wool over your own eyes. It doesn't matter what other folk think apart from relatives that might worry your health is in danger. It's not a matter of cosmetic or looking good it's a health issue.

taxi4ballet Thu 24-Jul-14 20:03:00

Don't care who's fat, can't stand unnecessary swearing.

Player67 Thu 24-Jul-14 20:03:15

If OP could have a magic wish and be slim tomorrow, she would take it. I know I would have when I was fat

SirChenjin Thu 24-Jul-14 20:03:37

What Vivien and Player said.

Glad you're happy, but caw canny as we say up here smile

VampireSquid Thu 24-Jul-14 20:03:42

I don't think it's fabulous to endanger your long term health, OP.

Player67 Thu 24-Jul-14 20:03:58

Agree with taxi

Picklepest Thu 24-Jul-14 20:04:02

Couldn't give a rats ass on your size. I am concerned at the amount of plainly quite unhinged people there apesr to be that are "distraught" angry terrified despairing and every other description of it.

That's the bit that's really odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now