To throw my eyes to heaven

(28 Posts)
Judgypants73 Sun 20-Jul-14 21:29:18

Every time I see someone on here calling someone else judgemental, does it go over their heads that they're guilty of the same. As for the term judgeypants, what's that all about surely it should be robe or wig, why pants?

I've name changed just to get in the spirit, and in order not to be called judgemental in every thread I post in from here on out.

EatShitDerek Sun 20-Jul-14 21:31:20

Don't see the point in name changing just to say that

Pagwatch Sun 20-Jul-14 21:31:41

Name changing to avoid flack is lame ass.

<hoiks a bit>

JustAShopGirl Sun 20-Jul-14 21:33:35

grin Judgypantsyou missed out the huge number of posters on MN who feel THEY have been "judged"

(for tantrums, food choices, how they dress, being with the wrong type of guy etc, etc)

someone tuts at me I think they are having a bad day.. maybe I'm just thick skinned.

Judgypants73 Sun 20-Jul-14 21:35:30

Ok so I'm bu to name change, knowing me I won't change back anyway so not a big deal. Are ye judging me for nc;-)

SiennaBlake Sun 20-Jul-14 21:37:23

Everyone everywhere judges people all the time.

Loletta Sun 20-Jul-14 21:39:51

If you post on AIBU you're asking people to judge you or your actions or your opinions hmm

nigerdelta Sun 20-Jul-14 21:41:45

mmm.... different kinds of judgemental, though, no?

One thing to say "I don't like that", another to say "That's outrageous".

Monmouth Sun 20-Jul-14 21:44:58

Judgypants are there to be hoicked up.

As it's so hot, for the time being, maybe a judgythong would be more appropriate.

Judgypants73 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:03:19

Loletta , I agree it is asking to an extent to be judged, I'd consider it to be asking for opinions. I just think the "judgemental/judgypants" card is used by posters to try and shut down other posters who have a different opinion. To me it always comes across as ironic but also I think it's a bit immature, as rather than taking the time to put forward a constructive argument probably because they don't have one they hop on the judgemental bandwagon.
It's tiring to see the word bandied about over and over, especially when I don't care if I'm been judgemental or not, but some posters seem to think it's a sin.

Judgytongs sounds much more fun!

Maryz Sun 20-Jul-14 22:06:53

I'm judging you for nc-ing.

At least have the courage to judge in your own name.

I think you are missing the fact that there is a difference between offering an opinion and judging - I'm slow to judge on things that don't matter, though I can be opinionated about pretty much anything grin

YABU for alienating atheists smile

SantanaLopez Sun 20-Jul-14 22:09:19

I think God keeps the eyeballs, btw. You might not get them back.

Judgypants73 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:19:39

Mary that's my point. I see it as people giving opinions, but more often than not some poster comes out with the judgemental card, and the irony that they're guilty of the same never enters their minute brains. It'd be funny if they didn't bang on and on about it over and over. I don't post much but read quiet a bit and find this derails threads a lot.

Joysmum Sun 20-Jul-14 22:47:36

It's my pet peeve. I have had a life which gives me experiences I now base my judgements on.

Those who say they don't judge are either two faced liars or perfect victim material. We make judgements to keep ourselves safer and make the best we can of life.

Maryz Sun 20-Jul-14 23:37:38

I suppose the difference is whether your opinion is critical or not.

For example, I could say that in general I'd be a bit hmm at 4 year olds swearing, or drinking coke from a bottle, or kids smoking at the age of ten, but I wouldn't blame anyone necessarily for it. I'd suppose they'd picked it up in the playground/their mum was getting 5 minutes peace/they were challenging boundaries grin

If, however, I said that it was obviously that they were complete chavs whose parents were a waste of space, that would be judging.

mommy2ash Mon 21-Jul-14 09:23:11

I'm the first to admit I can be judgmental so I wouldn't mind that being pointed out to me. I think too many excuses are made dog unacceptable behaviour. I don't see it as much on here but on other forums no child is badly behaved they must be on the spectrum nobody is a bad parent unless you are a man they are all bad parents, all women just have pnd and everyone has a mitigating circumstance which gives them free rein to be an asshole.

Trooperslane Mon 21-Jul-14 09:29:56

gringringrin Monmouth

Judgythong grin

123upthere Mon 21-Jul-14 09:34:03

maryz at 4yr olds swearing YY to this as I've just had lots of judgey posts directed my way on another thread, most full of swearwords because I disagreed that it was ok for an 8yr old to write 'fuck you shit eater' in a handwritten note to his mother.
I'm worried that standards are slipping in the real world lol but posters don't seem too bothered, most complimenting the child on his love of writing ?!

123upthere Mon 21-Jul-14 09:35:11

but then actually I was being the judgey one wasn't I. Oh how I'd love for my child to write such prose to me on a Sunday afternoon.

123upthere Mon 21-Jul-14 09:35:36

(sorry derailment of thread) Ignore me!

mommy2ash Mon 21-Jul-14 09:50:03

I didn't see that thread but I can't imagine anyone being ok with a child writing a note like that

Maryz Mon 21-Jul-14 17:37:28

Way to go 123 - you have managed to twist an entire thread.

Not one single person said it was ok for an 8 year old to swear. You were incredibly insulting and pompous there, not only judging but blaming too hmm

Pagwatch Mon 21-Jul-14 17:46:56

123upthere

I saw that thread.

That's not what was on it at all. Why are you making stuff up? confused

RandallFloyd Mon 21-Jul-14 18:17:30

Seriously, not a good idea to bring up a thread where one made a total tit of ones-self.

As for judging, we all do it, all the time. It's human nature. The issue is when you lack the general decency to know when your instinctive reaction is actually a bit unpleasant and the filter to keep it to yourself.

Not sure it's a controversial enough topic to warrant a name change though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now