To ask you to share things you are grateful for.... :-) (Come on it's Sunday eve after all!)

(26 Posts)
SillySallySong Sun 20-Jul-14 21:17:54

I've had a really, really shitty time recently, family deaths, pretty much homeless, both DH and I in insecure jobs, money is far beyond 'tight' but I keep thinking and focusing on how completely blessed I am. I have the most wonderful DH who is my absolute partner through think and thin, I have two beautiful boys - my youngest being a miracle when we were told it was unlikely we'd conceive again , I have wonderful friends and family who are there for me always, we have a roof over our heads, food in our tummies and laugh lots every day. So many sad and annoyed threads - thought it would be nice to have a happy one! xxx

Namechangearoonie123 Sun 20-Jul-14 21:18:47

That it's 2 fucking degrees cooler than yesterday hmm

And sorry to hear about your troubles

flingingmelon Sun 20-Jul-14 21:26:27

I finally lost all my baby weight after a year!

Good luck with everything OP, you're right that life issues are much easier when you have someone good to share them with smile

Andrewofgg Sun 20-Jul-14 21:32:05

35 years with DW and a now adult son who fixed my computer today!

Silvercatowner Sun 20-Jul-14 21:32:58

That I don't live in a war zone.

After reading how some DHs on here behave, I'm just grateful for mine, warts n all!

JustAShopGirl Sun 20-Jul-14 21:37:15

that due to where I was born - so nothing to do with me - I live in a Western country where I have enough money to live on, fresh water, plenty of food, a lovely family, and a home, low crime, no war, the right to state my own point of view without censure from government.... there is a lot to be grateful for.

That I am here to see my son grow. I may have watched an emotional video on Facebook earlier and it's made me extremely soppy.

thenightsky Sun 20-Jul-14 21:39:18

That I no longer have to panic when an unexpected bill comes in or hide from the coal man coz his cheque has bounced blush

FloozeyLoozey Sun 20-Jul-14 21:40:25

I can't stand the word "blessed", sorry op. I have an allergic reaction every time I see it as a status on Facebook.

usualsuspectt Sun 20-Jul-14 21:42:21

Way to piss all over a nice thread, Floozey.

msvenus Sun 20-Jul-14 21:42:43

My children. Nearly lost my ds after birth as he was born very early and had a scare while 6 months pregnant with dd.

Backinthering Sun 20-Jul-14 21:43:48

That my home won't be bombed tonight.

ICanSeeTheSun Sun 20-Jul-14 21:44:19

That I managed to shower alone today and only needed help getting out.

steppemum Sun 20-Jul-14 21:54:55

so many
my lovely dh
my fab dcs
that we are all well and healthy
that we have a home, food, schools, NHS
that we live in a free country, which is at peace
that my lovely parents are still around and still lovely

puts the bad times into perspective

SaucyJack Sun 20-Jul-14 22:00:04

Two things. A) that this exists and b) that it's asleep wink

ICanSeeTheSun Sun 20-Jul-14 22:04:01

SaucyJack, if that is your DC then he is adorable

slithytove Sun 20-Jul-14 22:08:55

My rainbow babies

That my dad made it safely here while flying over Russia the night mh17 was shot down

That I'm on the home straight of a pretty difficult pregnancy

That my husband on the whole, is just brilliant

I am very, very lucky.

jeanmiguelfangio Sun 20-Jul-14 22:12:36

That made me laugh saucy! Cute!!

I am so grateful for my beautiful dd, the baby I never thought I wanted but would neved be without, and my dh who is sometimes a super eejit but I love him and he makes me laugh out loud. And my lovely mum, who is just so supportive.
I am also grateful for good healthcare and to live in a safe place, where my child can play safely

magimedi Sun 20-Jul-14 22:27:35

SillySallySong - what a lovely post & may you stay blessed for the rest of your life.

Yesterday was our 29th wedding anniversary, that fills me with a wonder of all the love I receive in my life.

SaucyJack - should you ever want a babysitter just pm me - s/he is just so adorable.

KillmeNow Sun 20-Jul-14 22:35:19

That I have cupboards full of food and money to buy more when it runs out.

Unlike the family in the Human planet episode today that has to search on a dump for everything -even down to eating food they find among the mess. sad

VampireSquid Sun 20-Jul-14 22:40:05

DH and my four wonderful DC. They are healthy and happy and amazing and I know I am lucky.

Britain. Some of my close relatives have recently been granted asylum after their home (where I was born) was destroyed completely and some of the stuff they've told makes me thank my lucky stars that I've lived here since I was little. I moan a lot about stuff like the NHS and the tube and so on, but it's great place.

My friends who have stuck by me through a lot.

And the internet for stopping me from being bored.

SaucyJack Sun 20-Jul-14 22:59:12

Thanks smile She's awake again tho.....

ICanSeeTheSun Mon 21-Jul-14 02:06:35

Sorry saucyjack can never get it right.

MrsAtticus Mon 21-Jul-14 02:22:25

I'm grateful for my 2 beautiful boys, that just never fails to amaze me. Also for DH, who, despite not being perfect like me has ensured that despite the demands of young children I've had a good and spiritual Ramadan by taking the kids and making sure I get plenty of rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now