to leave the following feedback for Ebay seller?

(21 Posts)
frolicsandfiddledeedees Sun 20-Jul-14 17:13:35

Bought something 2 weeks ago from a private seller (not a business). In the last week I've had 3 increasingly pushy messages reminding me to leave feedback! They are not a new seller trying to build theirs up or needing it to get the funds released, they have in excess of 500 seller feedback already.

I buy a lot on Ebay and tend to leave feedback in batches once or twice a month so I can just C&P the same comments in for everyone. I'd just done it when I recieved the item so as yet haven't left feedback for the 15 or so items I've since bought. Was going to do it tonight anyway, but WIBU to leave her comments saying "Great item, fast delivery, but don't appreciate being hassled for feedback" ??

GemmaTeller Sun 20-Jul-14 17:16:55

Do it.

I hate people who chase after feedback.

I left negative feedback for someone in China after 3 out of 4 items failed to turn up - he phoned me up!!!!!!

thecuntureshow Sun 20-Jul-14 17:25:33

I won and paid for an item last Sunday and I've had no message about it, no confirm of dispatch. Nothing. Estimated delivery was Thursday.

I'm looking forward to leaving negative feedback!

YANBU OP

bigbarns Sun 20-Jul-14 17:34:40

This irritates me too - but not just on eBay, life in General seems to be far more "feedback driven" than it used to be. I had a request to provide feedback from a Utilities provider a few weeks back after someone had been to read our meter.

VitoCorleone Sun 20-Jul-14 17:36:49

Definitely write that.

PolterGoose Sun 20-Jul-14 17:38:00

I do feedback in batches too. It especially pisses me off when they say they'll give me feedback once I've left mine. Surely the fact I've paid promptly is all that's required of me as a buyer.

Thecuntureshow I bought something on 2nd July and I haven't had it yet. I emailed a week later and she apologised and said she'd post it that day. Nothing. Tried opening a dispute and eBay won't let me do it until 2nd august?! Item description said shipped within two days. I've emailed asking for a refund but no response. angry

Op definitely leave that feedback.

TattyDevine Sun 20-Jul-14 18:00:49

Requests for feedback bring out the rebellious teenager in me. If you want feedback don't ask, and if you don't want bad feedback definitely don't hassle.

SiennaBlake Sun 20-Jul-14 18:02:00

If they nag for feedback, they don't get it unless I was planning already to leave a negative (which I've never had to do yet touch wood).

TheReluctantCountess Sun 20-Jul-14 18:10:50

Hassling for feedback would result in a low communication score from me.

Joysmum Sun 20-Jul-14 18:49:36

I'd score low for communication and leave neutral feedback saying neutral due to pushy seller sending spam.

mindyourown1 Sun 20-Jul-14 19:03:05

feedback is optional - I wouldn't leave any. Certainly wouldn't leave a positive if they have hounded you for it. Many buyers would neg.

tiredandsadmum Sun 20-Jul-14 19:07:02

I had this recently and had actually been well overcharged for P&P. So tempted to leave a neg but couldnt really be bothered with the aggro.

frolicsandfiddledeedees Mon 21-Jul-14 09:54:24

I don't want to go as far as neutral/negative feedback because the item was actually great, in loads better condition than I'd expected for the price (BiN not auction so not as if they could be feeling hard done by over the final price either), and it arrived very fast.

But its just so bloody rude to hassle for feedback like that.

FabULouse Mon 21-Jul-14 10:00:14

I was phoned to ask for feedback when I hadn't even received the item yet. I told them I wouldn't be buying from them again.

OwlCapone Mon 21-Jul-14 10:03:18

Just leave the damn feedback. It takes a minute at most.

OwlCapone Mon 21-Jul-14 10:04:36

But its just so bloody rude to hassle for feedback like that.

Have you let them know it arrived and that you're happy with it? If not, that's bloody rude too given they're a private seller.

wheresthelight Mon 21-Jul-14 10:10:46

Use the chat function to report them to ebay. I left neutral feedback for someone as the item was very badly damaged and not at all in the A1 condition the listing advised and then got a tirade of abuse from the seller because I won the item for 99p so had no right to complain and apparently was a tight bitch. Not my fault she didn't get what she wanted for it!!

Ebay banned her from buying/selling for a period of time.

mindyourown1 Mon 21-Jul-14 10:17:45

the buyer is not under any obligation to let a seller know an item has arrived! What a load of utter rubbish. And if a seller adheres to the rules or eBay/Paypal they will send tracked so won't need to ask if it has arrived will they?

cavkc Mon 21-Jul-14 20:05:51

It isn't in Ebay/PayPal rules that items have to be sent tracked and sometimes due to low sales values it would not be cost effective. Example selling a pair of sunglasses for £3 would cost the seller approximately £6 to post Tracked. In fact Ebay prefer the seller to offer different postage options, for example free second class, up to Tracked that the buyer can add as an additional cost (most don't)

That said, maybe one polite request could be sent but more than that is unreasonable

mindyourown1 Mon 21-Jul-14 20:29:06

yes it is - which is why without any proof of delivery a buyer will always win a not received case.

And using My Hermes it costs £2.98 to send something under 1kg with proof of delivery, which is cheaper than RM.

'Eligibility Requirements
You must obtain proof of delivery that can be tracked online.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now