To still be up (pissed) when I have to be up at stupid o'clock

(14 Posts)
DustBunnyFarmer Sat 19-Jul-14 00:49:23

and packing for my holiday....

I've had a riotous night out with colleagues and I'm feeling very merry. I suspect packing with a hang-over will and small children at my side will be a lot less fun tomorrow morning, but can't I just revel in the glory of being middle aged and hanging out in town with real-life young folk, with loud music and beer and laughter. I don't know when it all got so serious and grown up, but I suspect arrival of DS1 (aged 9) was a turning point. I'm all boring and sensible these days. Being on MN at nearly 1am is a hoot.

AIBU to wonder where my younger, funner self went?

trufflesnout Sat 19-Jul-14 00:59:13

YANBU. Fry up and a few gallons of water to wash down paracetamol for your packing-prep?

DustBunnyFarmer Sat 19-Jul-14 01:05:08

Good plan, trufflesnout. If I was really organised, I could sort out breakfast pancake mix & put it in the fridge before I go to bed. i am at that stage when cooking endeavours (just about) seem like a grand idea. We have lots of streaky bacon that needs eating up. I can feel a breakfast of champions coming on - pancakes, maple syrup and bacon.

I am hoping that the packing preparation I did on Thursday night holds up & we are most of the way there when I stumble out of my pit in the morning. I will leave a post-it on the bathroom mirror begging my DH for clemency.

Hung over packing has been some of my best. Can't DH do everything?

AgentZigzag Sat 19-Jul-14 01:21:19

YANBU, just supervise your DC/DH to do it from the comfort of your bed wink

Going anywhere nice this year? <would have loved to be a hairdresser if you didn't have to touch peoples manky hair>

Anniegetyourgun Sat 19-Jul-14 01:59:04

Ah, it's too hot to sleep, I may try in a little while but I'll probably just toss and turn looking for a cool spot for the five hours until I have to get up... five... aaaaargh! <rushes off to bed>

shockinglybadteacher Sat 19-Jul-14 02:00:49

YANBU and I salute you smile

I'm usually on MN at weird times because I'm an insomniac and if I wake up, I can't get back to sleep. I have four meetings to be at later on today and I wish I was pissed, really I do (for a start I'd be asleep now and not trying to avoid dozing off later).

Have a fry up and you'll be sorted smile Hope you're going somewhere fun!

expatinscotland Sat 19-Jul-14 02:04:04

YABU. I'm abroad so it's early evening here. My younger self was stupid. Glad I'm not like that now. Hangovers suck.

trufflesnout Sat 19-Jul-14 02:07:31

Mm streaky bacon. Pancakes and bacon will see you right! You already sound uber organised with your pre-pack-pack, nevermind bashing out a pancake mix for the morn grin

Eastpoint Sat 19-Jul-14 02:38:26

Quite funny to read this, I've just got home & need to do the same tomorrow.

Bettercallsaul1 Sat 19-Jul-14 12:02:53

Hope you managed to get up and pack, OP! (and are not still snoring in drunken, swinish slumber, your streaky bacon and pancake mix lying untouched in the fridge....)

wobblyweebles Sat 19-Jul-14 12:03:50

GOOD MORNING!

Willhewonkher Sat 19-Jul-14 12:47:04

When I was out in Australia backpacking, I met a girl who packed her backpack while hungover / half pissed. On landing in Australia she found she had packed a bikini, a leather jacket, a pair of leggings, cowboy boots and three pairs of knickers. That was it!

DustBunnyFarmer Sun 03-Aug-14 16:03:13

I fell asleep on the sofa after starting this thread, but I got up reasonably early and managed to finish packing & get off to the airport on time. I really felt the late night & hangover as we were collecting the hire car at our destination. Fragile is the word that comes to mind. I can't say where we went, as its sufficiently weird to identify me in real life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now