to think "my pool, my rules"

(140 Posts)
Vingtdeux22 Fri 18-Jul-14 20:09:28

We have a swimming pool in the garden. The garden has high fences and is not overlooked. When I have guests I will wear both halves of a bikini, when I am alone, I am happy to leave the top off and sometimes not to bother at all. My attitude is "my pool, my rules" and as long as I am not subjecting anyone else to my attire or lack of it to think that this is my business. Besides, I hate the feel of a wet swimming costume if I can avoid it.

HappyHairDay Sat 19-Jul-14 11:56:12

Ha! Caught the neighbours post first

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sat 19-Jul-14 11:58:22

I go completely naked in the bath and shower; my bathroom, my rules. I expect family members and guests to do the same.

NewtRipley Sat 19-Jul-14 11:58:34

I think a pool in the UK must be a bit of a pain in the arse, and not just if you do a dive bomb without your grundies on

OwlCapone Sat 19-Jul-14 12:01:41

Who has said that what you do in your pool isn't OK? confused

And yet on a recent thread were the OP caught sight of her naked male (probably relavent) neighbour, most posters screamed "phone 101".

I thought they were ridiculous, but they defended their view, even though it became apparent that the OP had practically been spying on him.

OP avoid talking about anything on here that may bring you enjoyment, that's one big difference you will notice coming from the US to the UK, jealously, accusations of bragging, being entitled.

Surround yourself with people that you don't really like, dont want to attend their functions, give presents to, enjoy their successes and you'll fit in well.

If you really want to cause a storm discuss hair removal as a prerequisite to being naked in your garden.

NewtRipley Sat 19-Jul-14 12:08:38

Birds

i think sometimes a different set of posters post on different threads though. There are rather a lot of us.

Kimaroo Sat 19-Jul-14 12:09:52

Thank goodness you only posted twice blu, my family wondered why I was laughing so much (Not normal on a Saturday morning around here).

To get back to the op. There isn't enough information for me to decide. e.g. which county we're talking about, size and condition of norks etc. But on a whim I'll say...er.... you are being... oh fuck it, who cares...

vicmackie Sat 19-Jul-14 12:36:15

Birds you sound like mumsnet makes you really angry confused You do know it's voluntary, right?

slithytove Sat 19-Jul-14 12:38:06

I go topless in my (overlooked) garden in my paddling pool

PrimalLass Sat 19-Jul-14 14:16:06

Vingtdeux22 - it went the way it did because you didn't actually post an AIBU. It was a bit odd, tbh.

windchime Sat 19-Jul-14 16:39:55

Great, your garden has a facility which you can use for 7 days of the year but have to pay for the upkeep for the other 358. Well done.

Voodoobooboo Sat 19-Jul-14 19:09:11

am impressed that OP can swim with her tits out. I can practically tuck mine in my belt these days and the only time I tried skinny dipping they went EVERYWHERE. I wasn't entirely sure they were still attached at one point.
Not the romantic, joyously wanton experience I was expecting!

SnookyPooky Sat 19-Jul-14 19:33:02

My NDN have a pool, I get jealous of their splashing.
When it gets too much I jump in my 4X4 and drive 5 minutes to the beach.
<Stealth boast>

BerylStreep Tue 22-Jul-14 14:22:51

But Snooky do you bring your jet-ski with you?

Step Tue 22-Jul-14 15:19:39

As long as you don't swim wide armed breast stroke..... :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now