Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

to think "my pool, my rules"

(140 Posts)
Vingtdeux22 Fri 18-Jul-14 20:09:28

We have a swimming pool in the garden. The garden has high fences and is not overlooked. When I have guests I will wear both halves of a bikini, when I am alone, I am happy to leave the top off and sometimes not to bother at all. My attitude is "my pool, my rules" and as long as I am not subjecting anyone else to my attire or lack of it to think that this is my business. Besides, I hate the feel of a wet swimming costume if I can avoid it.

SiennaBlake Fri 18-Jul-14 20:29:47

Swimming pool fetish?

Is that a thing?

LuisSuarezTeeth Fri 18-Jul-14 20:30:12

Honey let's have a go...

AIBU to boast about my pool?

YABU!

Now you do the YANBU bit

ILoveTIFFANY Fri 18-Jul-14 20:30:28

It's probably just a paddling pool...

soverylucky Fri 18-Jul-14 20:31:41

YABU - Buy an even bigger house with more land so you don't even need a high fence - like what I have.

picnicbasketcase Fri 18-Jul-14 20:31:49

'Air out your clunge'
gringringrin
Made me laugh snortily

iklboo Fri 18-Jul-14 20:32:02

Is it really a pool or the neighbour's koi pond?

HoneyDragon Fri 18-Jul-14 20:33:23

I despair of AIBU FFS sake people don't even try anymore.

If I had a pool I'd by like

Hah! I totes have a pool and you probably don't AIBU to point out its really hot today?

And no nudity required.

Air out your clunge!

Hahahahahahahahahaha

SweetFelicityArkwright Fri 18-Jul-14 20:36:29

Oh I'm disappointed. I thought this was going to be a more assertive version of that thread years ago about the next door neighbour who wouldn't stop using the pool. I remember it fondly as being the height of unreasonableness on the part of the neighbour and politely masked oozing resentment by the pool owner.

ChickenFajitaAndNachos Fri 18-Jul-14 20:41:05

Does your DH wear a mankini or is that not in the rules?

MyFairyKing Fri 18-Jul-14 20:41:15

Can I come over for a swim? I don't care if you're completely starkers if that helps at all.

MamaLazarou Fri 18-Jul-14 20:41:22

YABU

CitronVert Fri 18-Jul-14 20:43:12

I have the same dilemma when swimming off my yacht.

apermanentheadache Fri 18-Jul-14 20:44:13

Oi think you'll fin oi am considerably richer than yaaw, and I have bigger bosoms too. I demand a pool-off.

Vingtdeux22 Fri 18-Jul-14 20:45:37

Definitely not a stealth boast, pool is nothing special. I can promise that I have kept out of neighbor's koi pond lol, might frighten the fishes! I grew up in the US but now in UK and sense that attitudes toward such things are slightly different in UK.

BalloonSlayer Fri 18-Jul-14 20:45:49

When I have guests in my Lear Jet I serve caviar.

When I am alone, I don't because I don't like it.

AIBU?

picnicbasketcase Fri 18-Jul-14 20:45:57

Earlier I had a shower with literally no bikini on at all, and if my neighbours have a problem with it, they should just stop peering through my windows. So there.

StillFrigginRexManningDay Fri 18-Jul-14 20:52:40

Unless your fanny is sucking up the pool water like mine does in the bathblush and depositing it on the floor of waitrose then YANBU.

SaucyJack Fri 18-Jul-14 20:53:40

I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home. I don't particularly see why you need to share it with the WWW tho.

LastTango Fri 18-Jul-14 20:55:16

I say that to the guests who use the pool of our yacht when out in the middle of the med. No problems at all!

confused
Not just me that doesn't get it then?

SiennaBlake Fri 18-Jul-14 20:55:37

Is this a bikini troll?

All her other posts are about the pool.

Odd.

StillFrigginRexManningDay Fri 18-Jul-14 20:57:17

Bet its a three ring pool she gets blown up at the local garage and is sitting starkers in 4" of water.

londonrach Fri 18-Jul-14 20:59:10

So....

gordyslovesheep Fri 18-Jul-14 21:01:33

I'd never allow nudity in the guest pool - too unhygienic but in my personal pool it's fine - it's out by the helipad so not overlooked at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now