To Ask You About Pants / Knickers / Under Garments

(52 Posts)
MellowMarshmallow Fri 11-Jul-14 12:46:20

Please help. I cannot find comfy pants. All pants show a massive pant line through my trousers / dress. And they get all bunched up. I don't like having my knickers in a twist.

I like shorts so they really cover my rump, but can't seem to find anything that fits properly.

Where are the comfy pants kept?

Who's hiding them?

And how can I get a pair, or ten?

mandy214 Fri 11-Jul-14 13:48:44

Did you listen to Sara Cox on Radio 2? Slept in her H's boxers last night. Lots of people rang into the show this morning to say they often wear their OH's underwear for a) comfort and b) lack of VPL.

SinglePringle Fri 11-Jul-14 13:49:20

Cross post Pangaea

DomesticSlobbess Fri 11-Jul-14 13:50:26

I buy seamfree thongs from New Look and H&M. They have a thick waistband so they're not like a piece of string! But they're completely seamless so you can't see them through clothes.

ObfusKate Fri 11-Jul-14 13:50:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OnlyLovers Fri 11-Jul-14 13:52:13

Kate, they look ace!

summertime, was it Bonds? I like this style but, as you can see from the site, they have a wide range.

Only problem is paying the shipping from Australia. I think there's a stockist that does free or cheaper shipping to the UK; can't remember their name but you might be able to Google for it.

Bonds are fantastic. So many colours, prints and styles. They're to be found in the UK too, but sold at £££ as some kind of fancy brand. When I told an assistant in Aus what they charged for them in the UK she almost pissed herself laughing. grin

summertimeandthelivingiseasy Fri 11-Jul-14 14:17:35

OnlyLovers

yes - I think it was, although they do not have the camouflage ones but good shapes and colours - thank you. grin

Salmotrutta Fri 11-Jul-14 14:19:43

Matalan can be your friend for pants!

OnlyLovers Fri 11-Jul-14 14:44:26

summertime, I think they change and update the designs fairly frequently, so just keep an eye on them!

AllHailTheBigPurpleOne Fri 11-Jul-14 14:45:14

Girl boxers from top shop, preferably with wonder woman on them

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 11-Jul-14 14:50:35

M&S COLLECTION
5 Pack No VPL Microfibre High Rise Full Briefs

Bonds are brilliant and I still have some from 10 years ago when I was in Oz. Really, they are still wearable. I love Bonds.

Definitely go up at least one size.
I need cotton, so some VPL is inevitable, but I swear by Lidl's pants. Yes, really.

OnlyLovers Fri 11-Jul-14 15:56:58

I've got ancient Bonds undercrackers too, TerryP. Practically indestructible, and the bright colours (and my tropical bird ones) still look quite bright and still cheer me up every time I pull a pair out.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Fri 11-Jul-14 16:01:49

I've worn bikini or hi leg knickers for years but have recently discovered Sainsbury's full brief ones. Only in plain white as far as I know, but so comfortable. I'm going to buy some more next time I'm there.

I have had success dying white pants, but they must be cotton, and the thread stays white.

BosomBunnies Fri 11-Jul-14 16:32:54

I like the M&S Limited Collection knickers not shorts, the M&S ones barely cover my voluptuous bum cheeks that you can get as a set of 2 pairs (usually have 1 plainer pair and 1 patterned/bright pair). Otherwise I've got some older M&S shorts which are perfect - they now seem to have changed the design. Those ones have lasted ages I've had a longer relationship with them than with DH

BosomBunnies Fri 11-Jul-14 16:34:32

Ooh also got some fab knickers and shorts in Victoria's Secret when in NY, though I had to buy 'Large' (I'm only a 12!)

ShakeYourTailFeathers Fri 11-Jul-14 16:39:07

Yep - thongs all the way

Every other type ends up straight up your arse anyway, so might as well wear ones with only a teeny bit of fabric to go up there grin

ObfusKate Fri 11-Jul-14 16:41:09

MellowMarshmallow Fri 11-Jul-14 22:11:37

I see your logic Shake.

Kate you are lucky. My hungry arse could chomp its way through a pair of jeans if I didn't retrieve them throughout the day. I think that's why I am so fond of Nadal - he suffers the same chompy bum cheeks problem.

ObfusKate Fri 11-Jul-14 22:13:10

fedupbutfine Fri 11-Jul-14 22:48:10

Try Sloggi - the biggest they do. Comfortable. Very comfortable. Expensive. Last forever. Probably result in divorce (I am divorced anyway so not a problem for me!)

DayLillie Mon 14-Jul-14 12:48:29

There is a (very) limited selection of Bonds on the JL website.

OnlyLovers Mon 14-Jul-14 12:50:43

John Lewis?

They'll be really overpriced. UK shops try to sell them as a premium brand but in Oz they're much cheaper.

SueDoku Mon 14-Jul-14 13:49:25

I've worn Sloggis for years - they last for ever, they never lose their shape, fade or go grey, and they're sooooooo comfortable..! smile
Buy a size larger than normal, so that there's no hint of the legs/top cutting in, and there's not a bump to be seen...
Keep your eyes peeled for bargains in the sales, on Amazon etc, and always buy the multi-packs, and they are very reasonable (especially considering how long they last)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now