AIBU to think this is the best section on MN?

(363 Posts)
shakethetree Thu 10-Jul-14 16:13:53

Why do people keep moaning about it? - I love it!

If you don't like it hide the bleedin' thing, or even easier, just don't read any of the threads - there's 100's of other sections to moan about!

ExitPursuedByAKoalaBear Thu 10-Jul-14 16:14:46

I agree

Mintyy Thu 10-Jul-14 16:15:25

Yabu. It infects the rest of the site with its inanity and bitchiness.

AmenGirl Thu 10-Jul-14 16:20:44

It's the worst section.

ExitPursuedByAKoalaBear Thu 10-Jul-14 16:21:35

It is my window onto another world.

I've only ever posted once on any other section. I never even look at them. Bad me! Do you mean the other sections aren't full of lunatics and snidey comments? Maybe I should check them out!

springbabydays Thu 10-Jul-14 16:25:11

I guess it suits some more than others. I've gone off it a bit since discovering the rest of the site smile

Vintagejazz Thu 10-Jul-14 16:28:26

I love AIBU. The ingenious ways posters can twist an OP's words; the grammar police; the lunatics; the bossy prefects; the royal cliques; the whole bloody lot.
Except anyone who disagrees with me.

Delphiniumsblue Thu 10-Jul-14 16:33:04

I start with AIBU - go on to the threads I am on and then active conversations. I don't generally get any further. AIBU is a window into a different world! Endlessly fascinating.

HumpsForHalfMile Thu 10-Jul-14 16:34:45

It's like Take a Break but without the sadfaces and the chance to win a car.

ThereIsIron Thu 10-Jul-14 16:36:40

YANBU. It's a Jeremy Kyle Car Crash. Makes me realise how lucky I am with my lot grin

settingsitting Thu 10-Jul-14 16:37:43

I dont actually any notice of where a subject is. I go down through Active and just click on a subject heading that interests me.
But no, on the whole, AIBU is definitely not my favourite. Partly because it gets too unnecessarily fighty for my liking.

settingsitting Thu 10-Jul-14 16:38:40

Also it is the place where goaders like to hang out.

settingsitting Thu 10-Jul-14 16:40:29

oops. Realised that could be interupted wrong.
Not at all meaning that everyone on it is a goader.
But goaders do seem to make a beeline for that particular board.

<now looks at the board heading to see if this is in AIBU>

Maryz Thu 10-Jul-14 16:41:08

Anyone who enjoys the nastiness of aibu should take a good look at themselves and ask themselves whether they would be friends in real life with some of the posters on there, who appear to enjoy making other people feel shit.

ExitPursuedByAKoalaBear Thu 10-Jul-14 16:42:57

Do I have to be friends with them confused

Shit.

Vintagejazz Thu 10-Jul-14 16:43:50

That's true Maryz. I have actually bailed out of threads a few times because I realised I was trying to debate with some unpleasant knob I would cross the road to avoid in RL.

Maryz Thu 10-Jul-14 16:44:49

Nope, but seriously, would you enjoy seeing someone treated in real life the way some poor innocent newbies are treated in aibu?

Maryz Thu 10-Jul-14 16:45:33

Exactly Vintage - the trouble is more and more nice people are bailing out, leaving only the abusive fuckers to carry on [sigh]

We should all speak up more I suppose.

ExitPursuedByAKoalaBear Thu 10-Jul-14 16:46:45

We have a duty to protect the innocent.

<polishes gun>

Vintagejazz Thu 10-Jul-14 16:47:12

Some posters come growling on like an angry and not very bright alsation and don't rest until they have the OP between their teeth and are shaking her like a rag doll. They usually find a few other equally dim henchmen to join them.

Deverethemuzzler Thu 10-Jul-14 16:50:39

I used to like it. It was interesting and you could have a lively debate without too much ag.

Now its where the trolls, the disablist cunts and the general twatbadgers hang out.

People start threads that are utter fantasies but they chose emotive subjects and drag people in to share their experiences. They don't care
They will put AIBU about dead children and other bereavements, child abuse, domestic violence without a thought for the welfare of those they are drawing in to their nasty little threads.

AIBU is a favourite venue for those that claim to KNOW that the woman next door is on benefits but goes on ten holidays a year.

We now have almost daily threads from people wanting to have a chat about some kid who they feel really sorry for because they have SN BUT they are beating up/distracting/bullying 'normal' kids.

Oh yeah that brings me to the wide eyed 'why is it so wrong to use the words Sp**, Mo**, Re****, P***, N****? Why is it so wrong to love gollywogs, swastikas? Whats so bad about UKIP, EDL......blah blah fucking blah.

Yeah so YABU.

Delphiniumsblue Thu 10-Jul-14 16:50:53

It would probably be better not to have it as a section. People using it clearly think they are in the right.
It must be popular because people post on it for traffic- and it works.
I think newcomers need some protection- they can't know how it will take off.

Joysmum Thu 10-Jul-14 16:51:21

AIBU and relationships are the only sections I look at regularly

Delphiniumsblue Thu 10-Jul-14 16:52:14

Relationships is far worse than AIBU- I keep off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now