to be utterly pissed off..

(7 Posts)
Beansprout30 Tue 08-Jul-14 22:53:35

That ive just paid £60 on flea treatment for my cat at the vets and have just found the exact same product for £14 online. Im so fucked off I could cry!! Vets are a bloody con

JaceLancs Tue 08-Jul-14 22:56:22

YANBU - my local chemist has set up in competition with local vet over this, as vet was charging full consultation fee plus cost of medication for such treatment

lk26 Tue 08-Jul-14 22:57:49

We order from a company called hyper drug. If it's a prescription drug you still have to pay for the vets prescription but works out cheaper.
Out vet wanted to carry out a double hip replacements on our aging lab. £3 k a hip !!! Wtf !

phantomnamechanger Tue 08-Jul-14 22:58:06

Did you just buy the meds OP, or did that include an appointment/consultation?

TheWickerWoman Tue 08-Jul-14 23:01:12

I buy mine online from pet supermarket., try them in future. It's really annoying isn't it, I did the same at first till I realised you could get the jolllop online.

illcounttothree Tue 08-Jul-14 23:01:26

Most vets insist on a consultation if they haven't seen the animal for a year or so, but our vet does a free consultation (with the practise nurse) included in the price or the flea treatment, which is about £20 I think.

Beansprout30 Tue 08-Jul-14 23:23:39

The consultation was £30 (itemised on my receipt). I feel a right tit buying it from them, even more pissed off that this is my second visit to a new vet as I wasn't satisfied with the first one who incidently gave me a completely different diagnosis! I absolutely love my catand as long as she gets better that is all that matters but im outraged at this daylight robbery!!

Ive emailed them to ask if I can return it and get a refund but I bet they say no

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now