Juice plus diet

(61 Posts)
nonameslefttouse Mon 07-Jul-14 17:05:42

Has anyone tried it, heard a lot of positives about it, but then everyone seems to be a rep so not sure how reliable the comments are

Helloitsme90 Thu 07-Jan-16 16:15:01

I use the JP capsules. They work great for me. It's not to aid weight loss or anything just to add more fruit and veg to my diet whilst pregnant and breastfeeding. I did a trial and felt a difference. HOWEVER I hate the wanky selling that FB reps do. The whole thing is like a bloody cult; everyone bragging about how much money they make how it's changed their lives and how they think they know all about a healthy diet and what not to eat etc. They don't. They've never been trained. I paid £50 to sign up- only because I wanted te product cheaper for myself. I have never sold it on to anyone or told anyone I sell it (imo I don't sell- only to myself) I have no clue about the shakes and have never been taught. I know about nutrition etc because my boyfriend is a personal trainer and an ex professional sports man who has diet plans etc and he has taught me. I will only use the capsules and will probably stop when I stop breastfeeding. If you have the time and money- use it to buy healthier food and educate yourself on what the right things to eat are. Also spend the money you've saved from JP to get a personal trainer or a gym membership. Don't get sucked in

knobblyknee Thu 07-Jan-16 07:11:13

I just make vegetable soup and drink fruit juice, and I dont bore the tits off everyone about it, and I dont scam mates out of all their cash for it either.

DeAtHnOtE Thu 07-Jan-16 07:06:12

In case any one else wants a copy.

ghostyslovesheep Wed 06-Jan-16 21:05:33

sellisx Wed 06-Jan-16 20:39:11

I have actually tried it. I can see now I wasn't in the best emotional state when I signed up. It took me four months to get any products. And then I was told I was getting the products to sell on not to try out! Over £250 I've lost and I still didn't get any bloody products! A friend of mine used to post on fb about how JP cured cancer etc. Gave it a few months and she's given it up confused

BeyondCBA Wed 06-Jan-16 20:15:54

grin DeAtHnOtE!

DeAtHnOtE Wed 06-Jan-16 20:03:00

Done.

DeAtHnOtE Wed 06-Jan-16 19:58:47

Allow me.

Easygoing9 Wed 06-Jan-16 18:54:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

pamela1974 Thu 30-Apr-15 11:07:28

I am new on here and just reading all your posts! smile

MorphineDreams Mon 11-Aug-14 08:18:30

It's a load of rubbish and needs to stop telling people it's as good as fruit and veg. No synthetic is as good as the natural stuff because our bodies don't process it properly.

There's been loads of studies done on Juice Plus with interesting results. None could replicate the positive results the Juice Plus people so called got from their studies.

Meglet Mon 11-Aug-14 08:14:44

I'm gutted I don't have any fb friends posting about this. I'd quite enjoy some laughs.

however Mon 11-Aug-14 07:52:06

It's rubbish, unsustainable and will cause people to get fatter.

And dieticians are advocating it on MN? Christ on a bike.

penguinplease Mon 11-Aug-14 07:42:10

I'm finding it depressing, my fb newsfeed is full of people on the 'journey' 'owning their lives' and I admit they all look amazing, huge amounts of weight loss and anyone that dares question it gets all sorts of articles thrown at them, followed by passive aggressive status updates 'if it's good enough for bear grylls, it's good enough for me' type shite.

They are all lunatics/fanatics. I am watching with interest to see if they maintain it.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 11-Aug-14 07:34:57

RDLivewell what a load of bollocks. It's a massive scam designed to pray on peoples insecurities and MAKE THEM PART WITH THEIR MONEY. You might be a dietician but you're sure as shit not a psychologist.
You can eat a healthy diet without buying into such nonsense. It's components are fruit and vegetables? You know what else is composed of fruit and vegetables? Fruit and vegetables.

If you are a dietician, you are compromising your ethics by selling this crap. Like a psychic medium. Fraudulent.

RiojaHaze Mon 11-Aug-14 06:58:59

I agree; it's total shite.

I've done it and was added to the Facebook page. All you get is people asking if they're allowed to eat x y or z and posting photos of the ingredients of things. Others get cross with them and say their mentor should have told them...well obviously the mentor who is taking commission from them knows f all and has just taken the money and run!

If you follow their detox plan it's going to work as there's no processed food and it's all pretty good for you. Therefore there's no reason to buy the (disgusting) shakes etc as you're eating well and losing weight on the initial phase without them.

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Mon 11-Aug-14 06:42:34

MIL is doing this shit so her dealer keeps tagging her on FB. IF you click the little cross in the corner if the post you can select not to see tagged posts by the JP dealer, so you can still keep in touch with your FB friend, but not see JP crap.

For every rep who actually makes decent money, there will be dozens that are making a pittance from pissing off all their friends and family and hundreds of customers paying a fortune for crappy diet pills.

MsBadcrumble Mon 11-Aug-14 04:43:47

Its weird then because my isogenix friend is totally barmy about avoiding additives and only having whole foods etc. She's also always talking about 'toxins' but I've never really established what those are considered to be confused. Surely eating proper food is better than supplements? And also, won't you need to stop drinking the supplement at some point or do people plan on living off it forever?

RDLivewell86 Mon 11-Aug-14 04:34:37

RDLivewell86 Mon 11-Aug-14 04:33:29

MsBadcrumble Mon 11-Aug-14 04:05:29

I've got a friend who is into Isagenix, is it similar? It is also MLM and she doesn't shut up about the stuff.

ObfusKate Mon 11-Aug-14 02:47:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RDLivewell86 Mon 11-Aug-14 02:40:54

RDLivewell86 Mon 11-Aug-14 02:37:39

throwaway1256 Tue 08-Jul-14 21:24:38

PizzaMama Either they all just copy/paste the same crap or we're friends with the same person. I wish she wouldn't keep trying to sell it to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now