Juice plus diet

(51 Posts)
nonameslefttouse Mon 07-Jul-14 17:05:42

Has anyone tried it, heard a lot of positives about it, but then everyone seems to be a rep so not sure how reliable the comments are

MorphineDreams Mon 11-Aug-14 08:18:30

It's a load of rubbish and needs to stop telling people it's as good as fruit and veg. No synthetic is as good as the natural stuff because our bodies don't process it properly.

There's been loads of studies done on Juice Plus with interesting results. None could replicate the positive results the Juice Plus people so called got from their studies.

Meglet Mon 11-Aug-14 08:14:44

I'm gutted I don't have any fb friends posting about this. I'd quite enjoy some laughs.

however Mon 11-Aug-14 07:52:06

It's rubbish, unsustainable and will cause people to get fatter.

And dieticians are advocating it on MN? Christ on a bike.

penguinplease Mon 11-Aug-14 07:42:10

I'm finding it depressing, my fb newsfeed is full of people on the 'journey' 'owning their lives' and I admit they all look amazing, huge amounts of weight loss and anyone that dares question it gets all sorts of articles thrown at them, followed by passive aggressive status updates 'if it's good enough for bear grylls, it's good enough for me' type shite.

They are all lunatics/fanatics. I am watching with interest to see if they maintain it.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 11-Aug-14 07:34:57

RDLivewell what a load of bollocks. It's a massive scam designed to pray on peoples insecurities and MAKE THEM PART WITH THEIR MONEY. You might be a dietician but you're sure as shit not a psychologist.
You can eat a healthy diet without buying into such nonsense. It's components are fruit and vegetables? You know what else is composed of fruit and vegetables? Fruit and vegetables.

If you are a dietician, you are compromising your ethics by selling this crap. Like a psychic medium. Fraudulent.

RiojaHaze Mon 11-Aug-14 06:58:59

I agree; it's total shite.

I've done it and was added to the Facebook page. All you get is people asking if they're allowed to eat x y or z and posting photos of the ingredients of things. Others get cross with them and say their mentor should have told them...well obviously the mentor who is taking commission from them knows f all and has just taken the money and run!

If you follow their detox plan it's going to work as there's no processed food and it's all pretty good for you. Therefore there's no reason to buy the (disgusting) shakes etc as you're eating well and losing weight on the initial phase without them.

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Mon 11-Aug-14 06:42:34

MIL is doing this shit so her dealer keeps tagging her on FB. IF you click the little cross in the corner if the post you can select not to see tagged posts by the JP dealer, so you can still keep in touch with your FB friend, but not see JP crap.

For every rep who actually makes decent money, there will be dozens that are making a pittance from pissing off all their friends and family and hundreds of customers paying a fortune for crappy diet pills.

MsBadcrumble Mon 11-Aug-14 04:43:47

Its weird then because my isogenix friend is totally barmy about avoiding additives and only having whole foods etc. She's also always talking about 'toxins' but I've never really established what those are considered to be confused. Surely eating proper food is better than supplements? And also, won't you need to stop drinking the supplement at some point or do people plan on living off it forever?

RDLivewell86 Mon 11-Aug-14 04:34:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

RDLivewell86 Mon 11-Aug-14 04:33:29

MsBadcrumble Mon 11-Aug-14 04:05:29

I've got a friend who is into Isagenix, is it similar? It is also MLM and she doesn't shut up about the stuff.

ObfusKate Mon 11-Aug-14 02:47:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RDLivewell86 Mon 11-Aug-14 02:40:54

RDLivewell86 Mon 11-Aug-14 02:37:39

throwaway1256 Tue 08-Jul-14 21:24:38

PizzaMama Either they all just copy/paste the same crap or we're friends with the same person. I wish she wouldn't keep trying to sell it to me!

Thecircle Tue 08-Jul-14 21:08:58

I'm also sick of ranty juice plus people.

It's like they have been brainwashed.

I saw an astonishing claim by one the other day

"Out of all pregnant ladies tested, NONE had premature births, there were NO neo natal admissions and no complications during pregnancy"

That's quite a bloody claim isn't it, I asked how many were involved in said tests, I'm still waiting for an answer,

As a mum to a preemie this really pissed me off

McBear Tue 08-Jul-14 21:03:08

And that clean 9 DID NOT make me full of energy. Everyone commented how miserable I was.

McBear Tue 08-Jul-14 21:02:29

21lbs? That clean 9, I think the most is 1 stone. Not sure. Might be 2 but that's the big 'uns that would lose weight quickly anyway if they tried.

The pic I saw of juice plus was 16 weeks and the girl clearly did massive sessions at the gym too. Same with a clean 9 that simply can't have been 9 days. Abs don't come from no where...

DenyDenyDeny Tue 08-Jul-14 20:34:39

Thats just it, are you supposed to pay this money forever?

If it makes you 'really health and full of energy' then surely they'll say you'll be the opposite if you stop. So you have to pay £37 for life?

And my known JP rep is the same, she's been on it for months and months and still overweight, posts that shes baking and eating cakes and going ti mcdonalds and the weight lost status stopped a long time back.

And of course posts how 'positive' and 'amazing' her business is, how she can work at home with the kids.

One of her 'clients' pulled out so her husband bought the products instead so she wasnt out of profit. How the crap did that work?

She also posted about one of her clients losing 21lb in one week.

21 lb in 7 days? Do fuck off.

McBear Tue 08-Jul-14 20:33:18

Herbalife is a load of shit. I decided it wasn't working for me and asked for my money back. The lady said She wasn't in a position to give me my money back so I'd have to wait almost a month during which time... I had to send it to her, she'd send it back to hq, they'd take 20 days to process the money, three days to clear in her account and then there days to clear into mine. I kept it. DDs DF fucking drank it all and I've still got a massive chip in my shoulder about the whole thing.

Eat less, move more. It's the only way grin

ZanyMobster Tue 08-Jul-14 20:20:22

Use myfitnesspal and count calories, I am not at home that much so don't have much time or inclination to prepare food so I just eat fresh meat, pots, pasta, rice, veg etc. I usually buy precut veg as I am very lazy smile It really isn't thank time consuming.

You will lose weight but as soon as you eat it will all go back on, it really isn't healthy and these people are preying on vulnerable people!

I hate seeing all the JP or Herbalife posts on facebook, I mean they are random overweight people who are suddenly Health and Wellness experts after trying the diets. It drives me insane.

MagicMojito Tue 08-Jul-14 19:15:37

You will lose weight on it but its very very short term. A girl I used to work with does jp, looks fantastic, lost loads of weight, full of energy etc. As soon as she has a break from doing it all (she's on the shakes and capsules) her skin goes bad, gets bloated and the weight literally piles back on within days.

As long as your willing to keep throwing money at it it'll work hmm

Unfortunetly diet and exercise really is the ONLY way to get it off and keep it off

Sirzy Tue 08-Jul-14 18:57:47

Buy yourself an icebox and an insulate bag to keep things in until you eat them.

If you want it to be something sustainable then you need to work on making the effort to eat proper foods in the right quantities not replacing meals

PizzaMama Tue 08-Jul-14 18:52:53

Someone on my fb posts about it all the time. A few select bits...

For anyone with children I recommend you read up on the juice plus children's health study ....http://www.childrenshealthstudy.com/mobile.html Flooding your body with goodness from 26 fruit & veg! Lose weight, tone up, bioavailable. They are bio available so they are straight into the system where they need to he to fight away those nasty free radicals

hmm hmm

CarbeDiem Tue 08-Jul-14 17:42:23

Noname - I'm not trying to promote it as I still think it's unhealthy (I couldn't anyway as I've never tried it) but if someone wished to reduce their calorie intake so much using meal replacements then Cambridge diet or exante would probably be more balanced with powdered protein, carbs, sugar, salt etc....
While still not healthy imo it wouldn't give you the huge blood sugar spikes that your going to get from living on nothing but juice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now