To think Jolene's mate..

(60 Posts)
softlysoftly Sat 28-Jun-14 18:37:16

..should have kicked that man into touch rather than beg Jolene not to take him?

I am finding myself rapidly more irritated by lots of songs that I actually used to love. Still love the songs but bloody hell I want to knock some sense into them.

So AIBU? Or am I ageing out of romance?

DoJo Sat 28-Jun-14 23:38:24

ShergarAndSpies

I was just going to check whether I had imagined that whole thing, but I saw it too, plus some photos of slight clothing slips where you could see them (assuming they weren't photoshopped, although I think Oprah confirmed that she had seen them or something). Dolly is one of my favourite people ever - she does loads of great work for charity, is charming but takes absolutely no bull shit, and even changes outfits for every single photo shoot she does when doing billions of interview to make sure that each interviewer/photographer gets an original image to go with their story. Love her!

Earlybird Sat 28-Jun-14 23:41:08

countessduckula - your link does not work. YouTube says the video doesn't exist.

ConcreteElephant Sat 28-Jun-14 23:45:04

Archers fans...that's not Jolene though is it, it's J'leen <channels Linda>

Harriebabe Sat 28-Jun-14 23:50:21

Hmm, that's true [bold] Concrete ... plus she's not been in for ages, even Fallon seems to be auditioning without her and it's J'leen's band! Is there an Archers thread somewhere? I want to say "Oooh, what about Roy and Elizabeth?"

Sorry to hijack!

Harriebabe Sat 28-Jun-14 23:51:17

Doh! bold fail.

whattheseithakasmean Sat 28-Jun-14 23:56:15

Dolly is fab, defies all stereotypes by looking like she does but writing her own material, being fantastically talented, having a grounded home life and generally being utterly fab.

She looks like blond bimbo, but is a focused and clever woman, she chose not to have children because that would not have been compatible with her ambition and she has never expressed any regret. I think she is great.

kitnkaboodle Sat 28-Jun-14 23:57:01

Harriebabe - have you ever been on the mustardland archers discussion forum?? V funny

<waves at fellow archers fans wandering around here by mistake>

Actually, OUR Jolene doesn't seem to have any friends, does she? Too much of a man's woman. Would you count Linda??

ConcreteElephant Sat 28-Jun-14 23:57:12

There is an Archers thread, a very long running and well-populated one, very funny, over in Radio Addicts. I lurk, I should dive in smile

ConcreteElephant Sat 28-Jun-14 23:58:27
OldLadyKnowsSomething Sun 29-Jun-14 00:04:50

As Dolly herself has said, it costs a lot to look that cheap. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now