To put my new sneaker up her bum?

(34 Posts)
MidniteScribbler Fri 27-Jun-14 01:30:44

So I finally replaced my old faithful sneakers (joggers, track shoes, whatever) and got a nice shiny new pair to wear to competitions. First day out and someone (not a friend, just another competitor) comes over, looks at my shoes, says 'oh, new sneakers, hey?' And proceeds to stomp on my foot with their filthy, manky sneaker. Now, I'm not precious, they'll get filthy eventually, but did she really find this necessary? Apparently IABU to be annoyed because 'everyone does it when someone gets new shoes'. Really, is this some tradition I missed?

ICanSeeTheSun Fri 27-Jun-14 01:32:49

you are a novice, the reason i can tell is because there is no way you would try new sneakers ( i guess american) without breaking them in

wafflyversatile Fri 27-Jun-14 01:34:10

Maybe, are you all 15?

MidniteScribbler Fri 27-Jun-14 01:35:53

No, all adults, all Australian.

lettertoherms Fri 27-Jun-14 01:37:27

Horrible.

I remember this from school days. Stomping on someone's shoes if they were new, particularly white. It wasn't funny when we were 13. It isn't funny now, it's rude and weird. It's not tradition, it's meaness. Tradition/hazing is just an excuse by which to perpetuate bullying.

STOPwiththehahaheheloling Fri 27-Jun-14 01:42:31

confused what does OP being a novice have to do with anything? Did you just feel like showing how clever you are by being able to tell?

NoodleOodle Fri 27-Jun-14 01:45:16

How irritating.

SquigglySquid Fri 27-Jun-14 01:50:22

What? Is this an Australian thing to just... step on people's new shoes?

STOPwiththehahaheheloling Fri 27-Jun-14 01:51:53

I dont think its exclusive to australia as i remember this happening when I was in primary school in NI.

Next time you see her, stick a "Kick Me" note to the back of her vest.

sykadelic Fri 27-Jun-14 02:04:02

No it's not "Australian" to do this. It's common though.

Also, they're runners in Australia (at least Victoria) so I'm not sure why the OP called them sneakers, an American word.

ICanSeeTheSun Fri 27-Jun-14 02:04:33

in sport it is different.Brand new shoes with no breakage will cause pain.

unless the competition wants to win because the OP has sore feet ( i doubt it because they want to win because of training and practice) it a message.

MidniteScribbler Fri 27-Jun-14 02:58:09

Well I'm competing at the national championships, so no I'm definitely not a novice, and the shoes were worn in at home, just not in mud and filth. And I've always called them sneakers, but then I grew up in Queensland.

ZacharyQuack Fri 27-Jun-14 06:08:54

Next time you see her, say "oh, new socks hey". Then piss on them.

bragmatic Fri 27-Jun-14 07:38:10

I am australian. We did this. Not since we left school though. It wasn't meanness, we all hated having shiny new looking shoes.

Bit odd as an adult.

bragmatic Fri 27-Jun-14 07:39:12

I thought queen slanders called them sand shoes?

I call them runners. (Victoria)

bragmatic Fri 27-Jun-14 07:40:25

Queenslanders. Not Queen slanders. That's just rude.

gamerchick Fri 27-Jun-14 07:41:19

It's a school thing and it wasn't funny then.

goldopals Fri 27-Jun-14 08:08:39

Australians do call them sneakers

I'd be holding a drink next time she walks by (something thats is a horrible colour Fanta maybe) and say new shirt, and throw it over her. Stupid woman. I'd have kicked her.

aNoteToFollowSo Fri 27-Jun-14 08:13:38

YANBU

In light of events, up her bum is the only logical place for your new sneaker.

gellicleCat Fri 27-Jun-14 08:22:46

Happened to me with my new blue suede shoes. I got so fed up telling people that I felt like writing a song about it

TaraKnowles Fri 27-Jun-14 08:26:20

Haha Gellicle. I can't see that song being very successful.

chocolatemademefat Fri 27-Jun-14 08:28:03

ZacharyQuack

Love it!

bleedingheart Fri 27-Jun-14 09:28:18

ZacharyQuack -ha ha!

Someone did this to me at school, on my shoes I'd saved up my pocket money for and they did it so hard they broke my toenail! I just stared uncomprehendingly at them.

I see now I should have spat in their new pencil case.

YANBU OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now