ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

To be crapping myself about whose baby this is?

(86 Posts)
stateoftheart Mon 23-Jun-14 17:57:00

I cant believe this has happened to me!!

Period is 7 days late now. Tested Weds, negative. Tested today, very faint positive.

I have the copper coil in, i've checked and its still in place. I have no symptoms at all.

I have been seeing someone, we regularly have sex. But 8 days ago I had unprotected sex with someone else. Just the once. Given how faint the test is could it be his? But my periods was already nearly due then anyway.

About 14 days ago I had what I though was mid cycle bleed, this could have been implantation bleed??

But the test is so faint.

Oh god my head is everywhere.

Can anyone link to any conclusive evidence of whether there is a possibility. I have looked everywhere.

SinisterBuggyMonth Mon 23-Jun-14 18:38:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stateoftheart Mon 23-Jun-14 18:41:27

Thank you for non judgemental advice. Means a lot to me. Will sort a Doctor soon. Such a mess

STOPwiththehahaheheloling Mon 23-Jun-14 18:47:32

No need for judgemental response- it doesnt change your circumstances. Arrange GP appointment ASAP and go from there.

Absy Mon 23-Jun-14 18:54:12

For regular sex guy, are you using protection? If yes, then it's probably more likely the other guy.

Good luck.

BertieBotts Mon 23-Jun-14 19:02:04

Very good point about ectopic - you need to get that checked out, can be devastating, but caught early it can be treated.

beccajoh Mon 23-Jun-14 19:04:02

Regardless of the dad issue you need to see a doctor because you've got a coil in, irrespective of what you do next.

SpandexBallet Mon 23-Jun-14 19:07:55

State of the heart I've also just discoverd a pregnancy on the copper coil. It's an interesting surprise isn't it!!
Definitely get to the drs you have a 50% chance of ectopic, they will be sending you for a scan straight away

KoalaKoo Mon 23-Jun-14 19:34:39

From about 6 weeks and a few days ie 4 weeks and a few days past conception you can have a transvaginal ultrasound which will date the baby quite accurately (assuming all is progressing normally). If the two men were at different enough dates and didnt overlao this could make it v clear which is the father

KoalaKoo Mon 23-Jun-14 19:35:58

Also if you are using a sensitive test like first response some women def get a v faint pos at 8 days

Thumbwitch Mon 23-Jun-14 19:40:16

GP asap. I.e. tomorrow. Not "soon".
Good luck.

Hoppinggreen Mon 23-Jun-14 19:44:00

On,y want to know is a DNA test I'm afraid ( post natal is safer) you can't go by delivery date either a sap babies can be early or late. My son was 16 days overdue

TheCatsBollocks Mon 23-Jun-14 19:46:10

I'm pretty sure a test wouldn't be positive 8dpo

whatever5 Mon 23-Jun-14 19:53:37

It will be the first man's baby. As others have said it is very important to see your GP in case it is an ectopic pregnany.

Sallyingforth Mon 23-Jun-14 19:53:48

Will your decision on whether to keep the baby depend upon which man is the father?
If not, you don't even need to know.

Sallyingforth Mon 23-Jun-14 19:57:57

Will your decision on whether to keep the baby depend upon which man is the father?
If not, you don't even need to know.

stateoftheart Mon 23-Jun-14 20:04:47

No I don't think I can keep the baby anyway. It's just another stress in my head.

Just did digital clear blue and it says pregnant 1-2

stateoftheart Mon 23-Jun-14 20:05:16

And I will definately phone the Doctor tomorrow. Thank you. Xx

TheEnchantedForest Mon 23-Jun-14 20:11:48

Highly unlikely (not impossible) to be the second man's if that is part of your thinking for not carrying on with the pregnancy. the dates match the first man much better.
I hope you get some good advice from the Dr.

you said 'it's another stress in my head'- anything you want to talk about/off load to a bunch of (non judgemental -I hope) strangers?

CrispyFB Mon 23-Jun-14 20:13:02

I've had a positive 8dpo with 4 out of my 7 pregnancies. Not a very strong line, but a squinter line.

If it's really faint then it's more likely to be the second man, unless you were with the first man within a few days of him.

My "faint" you'd almost need a microscope to see as I'm a POAS addict - but for some people "faint" just means it doesn't look very strong but you can see it pretty clearly. That's several days difference usually, although it does depend on the test. Post a photo of the regular test? What brand was it?

BitOutOfPractice Mon 23-Jun-14 20:17:21

Oh op you sound very stressed. No wise words that haven't already been said (except to reiterate the person who said that ovulation doesn't necessarily happen bang in the middle of your cycle - and that's assuming everyone has a regular cycle)

Either way, good luck to you x

WaitMonkey Mon 23-Jun-14 20:28:52

You have a coil in, regardless of the father you need to see a doctor tomorrow. Hope everything works out. Very difficult situation.

TheCatsBollocks Mon 23-Jun-14 20:29:06

If you're 7 days late but had sex 8 days ago it can't be the 2nd guys.

Purplepoodle Mon 23-Jun-14 20:29:37

You could have a cvs done at 10-13 weeks, they can find the paternity from that.

Showy Mon 23-Jun-14 20:33:00

Thecatsbollocks, if she ovulated late, it's perfectly possible it's the second guy's. If she's tested negatively recently and only just getting a bfp, it is even more likely that she ovulated much later than expected.

stateoftheart Mon 23-Jun-14 20:42:03

What is a CVS? I have sex regularly with non serious boyfriend. It was a one off with the ex husband.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now