To think it can't be done (holiday packing)

(81 Posts)
WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Mon 23-Jun-14 16:58:17

Argh. Dh has just looked at my pile(s) of packing for one week in France. He has just informed me that he has not booked us any luggage allowance (flying Ryanair).

So I have to pack for two adults, dd (3) and ds (8 months) using only two carry on cases and dd's trunkii (sp?)

Never mind that they both have emollient creams and suncreams that is easily bigger than 100ml

Is he being overly optimistic or am I being a bit high maintenance

Make him drive all your luggage there!

Love the competitive minimalist packing tales, it's possible but not great!

If you think the children's stuff needs a case, book one. Agree with pp saying I'd rather have some of the stuff I like to wear, with me.

CMP69 Tue 24-Jun-14 17:15:37

We take 2 full size cases, a trunkie, my hand luggage and DH camera gear on a weeks holiday, for me DH and a 5yo blush

jay55 Tue 24-Jun-14 18:57:29

Juggling 2 kids and multiple bags in the airport will not be fun, even with inlaws to help.

diddl Tue 24-Jun-14 19:14:43

I think that it's doable, but that's not the point!
If you don't want to have to wash clothes/buy stuff there, book a hold bag.

Janek Tue 24-Jun-14 19:47:00
LillianGish Tue 24-Jun-14 19:52:48

Shopping suggestion was not meant to be extravagant just that I usually like to a bit of shopping on holiday anyway and when kids were babies used to love shopping for baby clothes in France - much cheaper and more choice. I've also never had a problem with washing on holiday - as long as there is a machine where you are staying. I myself would never travel without hold luggage - but it's true it does speed things up at the airport and you never have to worry about anything going missing. And sorry OnIlkleyMoor, but a flight to France is hardly a long-haul marathon wherever you take off from.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now