To ask what you think of family's that use reusable nappies?

(99 Posts)
Poseypops Mon 16-Jun-14 19:30:29

Just that really. I've used them for two children and am really happy but wondering what other people think. My children go to nursery so I'm also keen to know what nursery nurses think too.

Boudica1990 Mon 16-Jun-14 19:31:59

That they use reusable nappies....confused I really wouldn't think twice about it. Surely it's whatever works for that person and their family.

LEMmingaround Mon 16-Jun-14 19:32:25

I don't think anything. I would imagine the nursery may prefer disposable but im pretty sure they are equipped for both.

Fairylea Mon 16-Jun-14 19:33:11

I wouldn't think anything really other than I'm far too lazy to ever do it.

Roseformeplease Mon 16-Jun-14 19:33:19

I would assume that they have a baby or toddler.

FreeSpirit89 Mon 16-Jun-14 19:33:35

I don't think anything. Not my buisness if you wanna wrap your baby's bottom in a pair of curtains.

Just live and let live smile

WooWooOwl Mon 16-Jun-14 19:33:40

I wouldn't think anything of families that use reusable nappies, it's a non issue. Apart from maybe that they are more organised with their washing than I am.

I'm also a nursery nurse, although I no longer work in a nursery, but it would make no difference to me there either. As long as a parent provided everything that was needed, including nappy sacks to send dirty nappies home in, I can't see why it would matter.

ForTheLoveOfSocks Mon 16-Jun-14 19:33:41

That their washing machine must be on constantly! Or they must have two

Cruikshank Mon 16-Jun-14 19:33:56

I think they're far better than I was and wish them all power to their elbows!

Although I was single when I had my son and when he was a baby frequently did cleaning/washing/ironing under well after 11 pm even without having nappies to think about - does that give me a free pass?

HicDraconis Mon 16-Jun-14 19:34:08

I wouldn't think anything. Then again we used them for both our boys and I loved them so no reason why I'd think anything bad really smile

Pobblewhohasnotoes Mon 16-Jun-14 19:35:24

I think that I don't really care what other families use, if I'm honest.

ICanSeeTheSun Mon 16-Jun-14 19:35:44

I would think they had a baby

treaclesoda Mon 16-Jun-14 19:36:15

I would think nothing of it, I've used them myself. But I was surprised to hear a bunch of folk recently refer to it as strange. Which ironically I thought was a strange thing to think. grin

BobTheFly Mon 16-Jun-14 19:36:33

I'm a cm looking after a little one in reusables. I'll be honest and say I think disposables are my preference just with the ease of it all (she's not the only one I care for so easy is always preferable!) but it's really a non-issue tbh.

I don't like the smell when they need stripping back though. sad

usualsuspectt Mon 16-Jun-14 19:37:20

I would think that they use re-usable nappies.

RiverTam Mon 16-Jun-14 19:37:39

I don't think anything of it at all. I meant to but it all seemed too much faff at the start, and then I kind of missed the boat.

ouryve Mon 16-Jun-14 19:38:25

I wouldn't think anything.

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 16-Jun-14 19:38:58

That they have a tumble dryer.

(Another who gave up on them here!)

MummyBeerest Mon 16-Jun-14 19:39:52

Oh my, they must have some hidden agenda. ..

Or, y'know, they like them. Same as me.

Coconutty Mon 16-Jun-14 19:42:10

I would think they like making work for themselves but wouldn't give it a second though otherwise.

magicalriff Mon 16-Jun-14 19:42:28

I too would think they had a baby, or toddler. Environmentally friendship at a push. Nothing negative

Nothing particular. Better for landfill. Worse for the gas bill. It probably balances out.

I do object to being criticised for not using them. We live in a small, damp house, with no dryer. DD & I have asthma, & I'm allergic to black mould, apparently. (And we have a fair bit around the place.) So it would make a difficult situation much worse in winter.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 16-Jun-14 19:43:20

Some nurseries that supply nappies use reusables tooshock. DD's did you sent her in your nappies and one of your own to one home in.

magicalriff Mon 16-Jun-14 19:43:35

Environmentally friendly, not friendship

EndoplasmicReticulum Mon 16-Jun-14 19:45:31

Is it really that unusual now? I wouldn't think it anything to remark about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now