People for whom EVERYTHING is "Amaaay-zing&qu ot;.

(10 Posts)
Eliza22 Mon 16-Jun-14 15:37:48

I recently spent some time with a lovely young person but absolutely every single thing was "amazing!" from the view, to the food (pretty good, I'll admit) to a very ordinary glass of wine. Is it a nervous thing? I felt a bit like I was missing something. Am I jaded? If I keep saying "amaaayzing" will my very ordinary existence become so.

It got to be really annoyyy-ing.

AWESOME point, Eliza.

NotTheKitchenAgainPlease Mon 16-Jun-14 15:40:40

It's a young persons thing. That zest for life.

'Amaaaayzing' is my go-to phrase if I'm really not that bothered/keen on it but don't want to hurt someone's feelings.

Eliza22 Mon 16-Jun-14 18:54:12

Yeah, I can see that it shows a youthful exuberance and joie de vivre. But, a glass of bog standard Prosecco is NOT amazing. I am old and jaded and should retire from life.

Like a say, lovely young man.

Jinsei Mon 16-Jun-14 19:01:55

Annoying yes, but much less irritating than those people for whom everything is "meh". Give me excessive enthusiasm any day!

Though I agree, words lose their power when overused..

IncognitoBurrito Mon 16-Jun-14 19:12:34

My sister suffers from this. I think it's to do with the Facebook generations competitive fun-having. Everything must be amayyzing at all times. It enrages me. The other day it was super cool brilliant that someone managed to get a flight over to the uk for the weekend - despite the fact that they were coming for a funeral. Fecking idiot.

DustyRusty Mon 16-Jun-14 19:45:54

My MIL is like this, she gushes excessively about everything. I agree it's better than being miserable, but bloody hell it doesn't half grate after a while. Like being around Pollyanna.

EndoplasmicReticulum Mon 16-Jun-14 19:47:15

Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team.....

NotTheKitchenAgainPlease Mon 16-Jun-14 19:59:52

Those young'uns. They'll soon learn grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now