To report this dog?

(21 Posts)
Aeroflotgirl Mon 16-Jun-14 14:58:47

Report, next might be a child it attacks. The owners were not keeping it under control.

Prettykitty111 Mon 16-Jun-14 14:53:03

Sorry x post. Take photos of the bites now for him to take with him

Prettykitty111 Mon 16-Jun-14 14:52:29

Of course. Why are you asking! Just report it. Straight to the police too as yourDH has bite marks.
When I got bitten pulling a dog off my puppy I had a PCSO round three hours later who took a statement and pictures of the bite marks.
I hope that dog was put down and the reason I reported it was because the twat of a owner told me it attacked because my puppy was squeaking. Of course he bloody was he was being eaten. The silly woman had a 2yr old with her, did she think her child would never make a high pitched noise?
So many examples of poor dog ownership on here with the number of posts about out of control dogs and dog shit everywhere. Hold these people to account!
I hope your puppy and DP are ok?

BigPigLittlePig Mon 16-Jun-14 14:03:57

Reported. Dh has an appointment at the police station on Weds.

Logic was telling me to do so, but I have an unfortunate habit of trying to see things from both sides etc etc. Great when it's warring toddlers....

Topaz25 Mon 16-Jun-14 14:02:36

Report the owners. My dog is reactive to other dogs but I keep him on a lead at all times, even in our garden. If it's not even the first time this dog has attacked another dog and the owners haven't taken precautions to stop it happening again then something needs to change.

GobbolinoCat Mon 16-Jun-14 13:56:05

goodness yes, how would you feel is a child was hurt next, killed, maimed or scarred for life?

bitsnbobs14 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:54:01

I would definitely report it. Hope you are all OK.

Topseyt Mon 16-Jun-14 13:51:31

I am a dog owner, and I would report that incident. Call your local council's Animal Warden, they will advise you how to proceed.

PeanutPatty Mon 16-Jun-14 13:47:41

Dog Warden and Police. There may not be much interest because it was dog on dog but you should mention your partner's injuries.

tabulahrasa Mon 16-Jun-14 13:47:29

I have a much loved pet with behavioural issues and given the chance would attack other dogs...and possibly bite people who got in the crossfire.

So I make sure he never gets the chance to do that.

Reporting them isn't a punishment for having a badly behaved dog, it's a chance to get them to realise that they need to manage the dog better and hopefully get help to resolve the issues.

Reporting it is a good thing - it means that hopefully they'll have to do something to deal with the dog before a more serious incident happens, someone is seriously hurt and the dog has to be destroyed.

jerryfudd Mon 16-Jun-14 13:45:37

Can't believe you've actually felt the need to ask. Uncontrolled dog has attacked your dog and bitten your husband all unprovoked! I think you were restrained merely slapping it. Report!

Andrewofgg Mon 16-Jun-14 13:44:22

The trouble is * Nomama* that many dog owners would not, they would blame the child.

Nomama Mon 16-Jun-14 13:39:52

Good grief. I can't imagine why you have hesitated. Report immediately.

I hope your DH has had his injections too! He did get the bites seen too, didn't he?

Report and sod the neighbour's feelings, They'll feel a lot worse when it is a kid!

marne2 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:39:22

Report it ASAP, next time it could be a child. The fact that it bit your dh worries me, some dogs are dog aggressive and will attack other dogs, maybe it was a one off and the dog got out but the fact it bit a person is mor worrying.

NoisyToyHell Mon 16-Jun-14 13:37:22

I'd report that in a heartbeat.

teeththief Mon 16-Jun-14 13:35:58

It could so easily have ended differently. Not least, it could have been a child

This is why you should report it!

Andrewofgg Mon 16-Jun-14 13:35:51

Report it. It's a dog. However much they love it if it wasn't there they'd get over it. It matters less than a child.

Rideronthestorm Mon 16-Jun-14 13:33:33

Police, definitely.

BigPigLittlePig Mon 16-Jun-14 13:33:27

I know.

I think it is only because we have friends who have a less-than-perfect dog, and I know he is a loved family pet, that is holding me back. I guess the difference is that he is always on a lead, always.

chemenger Mon 16-Jun-14 13:31:04

Yes you should report it as soon as possible. What reason could there be not to?

BigPigLittlePig Mon 16-Jun-14 13:29:30

Our lovely puppy was out for a walk, on her lead, when - just as her and my dh got to our house - a neighbours dog ran out of nowhere and began attacking her. This dog was off his lead, I think it had escaped, and the teenage girl of the family was trying to fetch it back. Luckily, dh is built like a brick shit out house, so managed to prise the dogs jaws open enough that it didn't hurt our dog, but still wouldn't let go. The girl just stood there! I ran out the house and am not proud to say I smacked the dog rather hard across the face, which made it let go.

DH has bites to his ankle, knee and hands. Luckily the puppy is ok, if a little subdued it'll take more than that to keep her calm for long
A woman in a passing car said it wasn't the first time that dog has attacked another animal.

It could so easily have ended differently. Not least, it could have been a child sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now