To wish our local paper and council would proof read before putting things online

(2 Posts)
LittleMisslikestobebythesea Mon 16-Jun-14 12:15:13

Ok before I start I am not perfect and do not have perfect grammar, and wouldn't pick people up on here for example! hope I don't make any mistakes on here, oh the irony

But I do think the local paper should proof read before it publishes news online.

The odd mistake I can live with, but it's most articles. Recently there was heavy rain on the motorway which was causing flooding, which was apparantly hazardous for 'divers' that was amusing though!

Also the local council have mistakes in their online jobs, for example an advert says kitchen assistant, but in the information below it says the school would like to recruit a teacher!?!

So AIBU to think they should proof read? Mistakes happen yes, as I said I'm not perfect, and it doesn't bother me on here, but I do think they should at least try, computers have spell checkers (ok wouldn't work for correct spelling/misinformation) so this would eliminate some of the mistakes?

MehsMum Mon 16-Jun-14 12:24:28

Recent one at work: 'cellebrating excellence'.
Academic institution, too. I laughed so hard that I nearly spilt my tea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now