Oh fucking hell

(225 Posts)

The two and a half yr old keeps saying this.

I thought it was that when he said it (in context!) last night, but he's just said it again while looking for a toy.

'Wheres my train? Oh fucking hell, I've lost it'.

Oh fucking hell. What do I do, other than curb by potty mouth and try to ignore it?

numptieseverywhere Sun 15-Jun-14 18:31:24

my 2.5 yr old said
"Oh for fucks sake" the other day.
It it makes you feel better.

It does! Thank you.

blush

DeepThought Sun 15-Jun-14 18:33:23

Nothing apart from curb tongue and ignore

They are utter SPONGES aren't they

(NO WAY is he two and a half already, he's just a wee babby shock)

JennyOnTheBlocks Sun 15-Jun-14 18:33:24

grin

You could try to change what you say to 'flipping bell' or similar

Or just laugh and wash your own mouth out with soap

MikeLitoris Sun 15-Jun-14 18:34:09

I've got a three year old that spent the whole trip around today asking me

'what the Fuck is that?'

In her most sweet and innocent voice.

She also likes to call people 'oh you cheeky bugger'

MrsMaturin Sun 15-Jun-14 18:36:24

I would try and distract him from it a bit but don't make a huge deal of it. And yes - you need to change your language. I don't know how it's happened but I seem to say 'poodle bumcakes' a lot and I don't know why!

shockinglybadteacher Sun 15-Jun-14 18:38:58

I've got a DN who thought for ages it was alright to randomly call people "cunt" :D

They grow out of it, honest!

elfycat Sun 15-Jun-14 18:48:59

'Mummy. What's a fuckwit?'

I was driving and someone was doing something a bit dodgy with their car near me.

Luckily DD1's speech therapy hadn't fully taken effect by this point so 'Buckwit' wouldn't have been too bad, had she repeated it, which she didn't.

DH had a sweary meltdown in the children's section of an M&S (the horror) with emphasis on 'bloody'. Scandalised looks from the family on the other side of the display until I told him to calm down, take off his jacket if he was hot, find somewhere to sit and I'd get him something to eat and drink as soon as I'd finished my shopping. Poor love was having a proper toddler hot/tired/hungry tantrum he's 44. Then the observers smiled in sympathy.

At the till DH found an air con unit and I suggested he stand in front of it. 'Yes bloody well stay there' from 5 year old DD1.

We're being a bit more careful now.

lifesavingnoodles Sun 15-Jun-14 18:59:01

one woman nicked my parking space at the supermarket and i said.... fucking cow under my breath

little voice said...whats that mummy?

i said... oh nothing that lady just stole my parking space, never mind, we will find another space.

10 mins later we are in the supermarket and the little voice said

oh look mummy..there is that fucking cow who stole your parking space.

so i moved isles.... then little voice shouted.... there she is mum, look, there is the fucking cow...LOOK MUMMY....THE FUCKING COW...SHE STOLE YOUR PARKING SPACE.

I was mortified and still havent admitted this to DP eight years later!

MollySolverson Sun 15-Jun-14 19:00:45

Totally ignore, otherwise they'll continue to illicit a response. My dd shouted "FUCK" three times in quick succession at the childminder's blush

lunar1 Sun 15-Jun-14 19:01:23

DS1 is 5 and they do exams in his school. they were filling in the letters for rhyming words, his friend wrote duck, luck, fuck. his teacher showed his mum the test and tried not to laugh!

LiberalLibertine Sun 15-Jun-14 19:02:01

My dds newest and most treasured of words is bollocks confused it sounds so funny I have to turn away

Ooh lifesaving that's you destined to a life on online supermarkets , you daren't show your face in a supermarket again grin

The worst the older two ever did was 'bugger' and that was my mums fault, not mine.

This one is most definitely mine.

Oops.

LiberalLibertine Sun 15-Jun-14 19:03:17

life grin blush

softlysoftly Sun 15-Jun-14 19:03:35

DDs first sentence was "shit we're late"

Swearing and judgemental great.

MehsMum Sun 15-Jun-14 19:04:04

A small boy of my long ago acquaintance could say 'truck'. He was obsessed by them.

He would sit in his pushchair shouting... well, you can guess.

My DD came out with 'Oh fuck! Bugger bugger bugger!' at the age of 2.5 or so. Quietly weaned her off such stuff and cleaned up my own act till she got to the age where all her classmates were pottymouths.

cowmop Sun 15-Jun-14 19:04:27

My friend's little one got really obsessed with saying "fucking hell" so she kept saying "What? Panama Canal?" After a few times he was saying this instead, then forgot about it altogether when it failed to get the initial result!

When the DC were in the car, I had to tone down my usual chastisement of other drivers (windows closed of course ) to "Sonny Jim"

So DS called everyone Sonny Jim . Could be worse.

In the supermarket beer aisle with DH, he strode along declaring "Oh, bugger" shock. Blame the Parents .

ScoutFinchMockingbird Sun 15-Jun-14 19:06:08

DD (3) said "fucking sakes" the other day when I struggled to put her in her car seat. It is something I often say in relation to her car seat! I have now changed it to muttering under my breath!

grin

Help out a childless auntie with evil intentions - what is the optimum age for me to start indoctrinating my niece and nephew with such delightful phrases?

FraidyCat Sun 15-Jun-14 19:07:20

We explained a couple of times to DD age 3 that her best friends mummy wouldn't let best friend play with her if she said bad words. DD stopped saying fuck, and every time I say it she yells and scolds me. "Daddy! You said a bad word!"

PinkSquash Sun 15-Jun-14 19:12:45

DS2 (2) is a dab hand at swearing. He's learnt fuckssake, bugger and wanker. The latter is from DH and DS2 always says it when he's sat in the drivers seat.

Start swearing from birth, they learn it quickly grin

Belini Sun 15-Jun-14 19:13:12

DT1 2.5 said to DS1 15 last night " aw fuck sake <ds1 name> you dropped your fucking chip!" I, much to DS1s disgust, fell about laughing. He took charge and told her "some of those words are not nice" DT1s reply almost made me wet myself " what chip?" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now